Introductions!!!

Options
Kristyz26
Kristyz26 Posts: 33 Member
Hi Everyone! Thought I'd suggest that we introduce ourselves. My name is Kristy and I am a 38 year old from Vancouver Island, Canada. I am a proud mama of two and a teacher. My husband is 100% supportive of my doing the Whole 30, which is awesome. :smile: I am doing this for two reasons. My personal reason is that I am positive I have a sensitivity or intolerance to something in my diet (I suspect it is gluten and/or sugar) and I need to figure out what that is. As well I carry all my excess weight in my midsection which is so unhealthy! Another reason, and this is a big one, is my little guy, age 6, was just diagnosed with ADHD. I have seen a huge correlation to his hyperactivity and poor impulse control with added sugar intake. I have also done a ton of research and there is evidence to support that gluten can also have negative effects on the symptoms.

Lets all crush this 30 days, although I have a feeling it will last longer than that for me. Have you all seen the testimonials??? Looking forward to getting to know all of you :wink:

Replies

• rlass10201
    rlass10201 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Becky and I am a 39 year old mother of 2 in San Diego. I started yesterday and am mainly doing this in hope of getting rid of my gut! I also have high cholesterol and am hoping that getting my weight down will help with that as well.
  • FrecklesAndLocs
    FrecklesAndLocs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello to all! I'm on day three of my Whole30. It's my firs time to do this and I didn't think I had a sweet tooth but its10 am and my brain..not hunger, says "gimme something sweet!"
    For those who've done this a time or two any good motivational ideas other than drink water, because I just then want tea.
  • Dteg
    Dteg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Danielle. I work full time and am going to nursing school full time. I am 26. I am doing the Whole30 to find out what is making my digestive tract so wacky. I have been through several tests since I was young to only be told I have lactose intolance. I am hoping to gain knowledge about myself and my body. I want to be the healthiest me possible for me and to be an example to my future patients
  • LFH07
    LFH07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Leslie. I'm 37 and doing whole 30 to eliminate dairy, increase my veggie/fruit intake, and lose weight. The holidays have left me feeling gross and bloated and I'm looking forward to starting my Whole 30 that may turn into a Whole 60 - depends on how I'm feeling about it in 30 days!
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    CurlOTL wrote: »
    Hello to all! I'm on day three of my Whole30. It's my firs time to do this and I didn't think I had a sweet tooth but its10 am and my brain..not hunger, says "gimme something sweet!"
    For those who've done this a time or two any good motivational ideas other than drink water, because I just then want tea.

I'm starting tomorrow 1/4. What about adding fruit to your water?
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Connie. I am 50yrs old, have had health issues this past year which led to a 25 lb weight gain, then the holidays. I also need knee surgery and have retention issues so hoping this will help me get back on track and lose the fluid I retain.
  • mzmeka
    mzmeka Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm Tameka - 35 years old. Today is my first day on Whole 30. I have a 17 month old daughter. My hubby is doing it too!
  • yipon5
    yipon5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Brittany, I am 39 years old and today is day 1 of Whole30. I am doing it because, I need a reset. I turn 40 in 4 months and I want to feel better about my body at that time, I figured doing this for at least 30 days would start my year off right.
  • falconaaw1
    falconaaw1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Alicia. I am 34 years old and starting day 1 of the Whole 30 today. I have two friends off mfp that are helping hold me accountable. This is my second Whole 30 and I'm doing it to kick the sugar/soda habit again...or should I say always ;). Also, I didn't do the reintroduction last time because of the holidays and I really want to do that part of it (since it's so important).
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name.is Aneta..I'm 40. I I did 28 days of whole30 in November and I felt great. I have learned that my migraine.trigger was suger, because I didn't have any migraine while on a plan. I didn't have any cravings, I could look at my favorite sweets and not to touch it ( what never happens)
    Than Christmas happen and I fell of the wagon.
    I would like to start it again tommorow.
    The only thing which I'm afraid of is if I will have enough energy to do weight training without all that oatmeal, rice, quinoa atc. When I was on whole30 I didn't work out at all. Now I do.
    Good luck to everyone. It's a great program
  • melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone! Melissa from Southern California, I am a 54 year old wife, mommy to three daughters and a NICU RN/Lactation Consultant. I am starting the W30 for the first time tomorrow morning. I had a gastric bypass 15 years ago and lost 200 pounds but in the last 10 years I have gained back 50 pounds :( I am having more reflux, and joint pain. Knowing that the whole 30 is an anti-inflammatory lifestyle I know this is the best way for me. I have done high protein low carb before and did well but I was able to eat dairy. I am a bit concerned about my morning coffee that I will not be able to have splenda in tomorrow, I plan on using coconut milk and cinnamon and I am considering making golden milk tea made with tumeric which tastes sort of like chai tea.
    Sending positive thoughts to all of you as we begin this journey together!