When should I wear my Fitbit?

Options
soccerkon26
soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
I have a Fitbit charge HR. I wear it on walks, runs, and throughout the day. But I heard I'm supposed to take it off when I do ab workouts and weights. Is this true?

Replies

• ktsj2015
    ktsj2015 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    nope I wear mine everywhere except swimming pool and the shower for obvious reasons.
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One, and I wear it all the time except the shower! Sometimes I'm surprised by how many steps I actually do when I'm just puttering around the house tidying up or doing laundry!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I wear mine all the time except the shower or swimming. Depending on how you workout, it may credit you with a few steps you don't take, but it's important to track your workout burn and that only happens if you're wearing it.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I wear mine 24/7 except when showering, soaking in the hot tub, charging it, and <ahem> certain other activities where it would be distracting.

Go ahead and wear it when doing things like ab workouts and weights, unless it gets in the way. However, you will probably still want to log those workouts manually in Fitbit because your tracker (even with the HR monitor) can't really measure your calorie burn accurately for those sorts of workouts.