New & Shiny! - BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and my Misfit Shine on MyFitnessPal

Options
WhistlingGirl
WhistlingGirl Posts: 23
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
One step forward, two steps back!

When I started wearing the shine, I noticed that it was tracking my day-to-day movement and started to wonder if the information from the Shine was doubling up with the MyFitnessPal estimate of my Basal Metabolic Rate. A couple of e-mails to tech support later, I had my suspicions confirmed. To get the most accurate prediction of BMR with a tracker, you should set your activity level to sedentary. Drat!

Replies

• Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, WhistlingGirl! I was wondering my MFP burn was always so high.

I got my Flash in January for cheap with a Best Buy gift card; it was on sale for $30 and it really has motivated me to make sure I exercise and move because I want to hit my activity goal.
  • hoard23r
    hoard23r Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello.. I've been looking for some friends that have a misfit. I have the flash. I bought it in January and never take it off. I love that it tracks my steps and calories better than a pedometer.. One question though how or can I synch it with MFP?? And what will we do in this group?? I'm excited that I found someone else who uses one. I really only see fitbit \ garmin wearers.
  • WhistlingGirl
    Options
    @hoard23r‌, here are the steps I took to attach my Misfit Shine to MFP account:

To sync the Misfit Flash with MyFitnessPal, I clicked on "Apps" on the MFP title navigation bar and searched for "Shine". Here's a screen shot.

nuw1z8r06grg.png

From there, I was able to click "Connect" on the Misfit app.

gllpavrzuj01.png

On the next screen, I was required to grant access to MyFitnessPal to the Misfit app. I believe I had to sign-in using my Misfit username and password.

Once connected, the data from my Misfit Shine activities appear on MyFitnessPal in the "Exercise" section under "Cardiovascular".

e3nart88764i.png

I hope that helps!

• hoard23r
    Options
    The MVP that I have looks nothing like yours and when I go to apps and click on misfit it only brings me to the site for misfit which only shows the products.. I use android maybe you have a better phone. Lol but that upsets me because I really want it to sync
  • hoard23r
    Options
    OK I just synchronized everything by going through my misfit app. I worked, so everyone can sync that way to!!
  • WhistlingGirl
    Options
    No, I'm definitely on Android! I'm glad you got it to work!
  • WhistlingGirl
    Options
    Although, I was on my laptop when I took the screenshots. That might be why t looks different.
  • hoard23r
    Options
    Yea maybe. But it looked like a way better setup.lol
  • nail_polish
    nail_polish Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    please help! when I go to the apps tab and find misfit, I get the word "get" instead of "connect". I get directed to their website. I already have a misfit account, but cannot find how to sync with MFP. tried to download the manual, but did not succeed.

how do I sync it?! :'(