New to the group

Options
nmwade0927
nmwade0927 Posts: 278 Member
Good afternoon - My name is Nikki and I am new to the group and MFP as a whole. I am a 33 year old mom of a 9 & 5 year old. I recently was the matron of honor at my sister's wedding and saw pictures that put me in tears...enough is enough. I am currently at my heaviest ever at 242 and would like to get to 160-170. My goal is to set 10lb mini-goals to keep me motivated. I am looking for support and help (as well being able to offer the same) to a group that is trying to achieve the same goals - and what better group than moms to understand the struggles with parenting and taking care of ones self. I look forward to talking with you all!

Replies

• irishlass38
    irishlass38 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group too! I've lost 40 lbs so far and have 20 more to lose. Married mom to 2 boys. I'd love support and to give support as well! Add me if you'd like...
  • nmwade0927
    nmwade0927 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! I just sent a friend request - cant wait to talk about how you stayed on track and be a support system to you as well as you to me!
  • lynzi2016
    lynzi2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi. :) I'm also new to the group. Since I first started trying to lose, I've lost 17 pounds but I'm nowhere near where I want to be and can use all the motivation/support I can get as well as give support. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • ardentsunshine
    ardentsunshine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new as well, though not new to MFP. I'm weighing in at 255-ish, and only have myself to blame as my youngest just turned 6 ;-) I too have 10 pound mini-goals, because that's the only way it doesn't feel excessively overwhelming. I've lost around 30 lbs in the past, so I know how to do it...it's just keeping the momentum going!
  • mellegacy
    mellegacy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group also. Need to lose about 50lbs and it would be great to have some mom support :). I have two little squirts, 1y9m and 3y8mm so they keep me on my toes. But as soon as they're in bed all I want to do is watch TV and eat. I really need some motivation, ladies! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • hlinsey
    hlinsey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Mom of 1yr9m and 3yr2m boys that keep my heart full of love and my mind an inch from insanity. :smiley: I have 40lbs to lose before I look anything like my pic which is from my honeymoon 4+ years ago. I really want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight this year. So far I'm focusing on food. I haven't figured out a time of day to workout but I challenged myself to find 60 minutes - broken up however needed - to workout this week. I'm going to try to use 10-20 min of my lunch break today to see how that goes. Feel free to add me!