Options
NewOR2015
NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
And it will be the best one ever! :)

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Saw your timestamp and laughed I've just finished exercising and am getting ready for work.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I'm at my mom's house in Brownsville, Texas. The fireworks at midnight woke me up. (They're illegal in the city limits, but everyone still does it.) I decided to start a new thread for today. I'm still hoping we hear from Kris soon.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Happy New Year! So excited for 2016. Last January, I was only about 3 weeks into my current journey with a mountain looming ahead. I'm so excited to see 2016 arrive with just a big hill in front of me. Summer officially arrives on Monday, June 20, 2016. I've looked at what I would like to accomplish and, for now, I'm setting my goal to reach "goal weight" by July 4th. That will be about 29 pounds in about 26 weeks. Wishing everyone a blessed and successful 2016.

• NewOR2015
    Options
    @CaptainBoing I joined the Nov Wt Loss Challenge and then Dec Wt Loss Challenge on MFP just to make me feel a little more accountable. There really is no pressure in these, just the idea of seeing my goal in print. I was thinking of not doing the challenge because I wanted my weight loss journey to be like how I want my maintenance to be, and I do not expect to be in a "challenge" forever. I appreciate your suggestions, but I have never been very active even when younger. I only started going on walks in Nov 2015 while visiting my daughter in Boston. And, again, I want to do only things that I know I can continue to do for the rest of my life. Maybe when I get lighter I will feel like taking on something different. For now, I will continue on my slow and steady journey to better health.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @JMarcella57 Congratulations on reducing that mountain into a hill!
  • livingyoung28
    livingyoung28 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Happy 2016! I got up full of energy this morn - so off to the gym and did 30 min on ARC trainer and 30 minutes on treadmill! Calories are good so far and planning on 2nd workout session later tonight, I will update later. My goal by summer is to be healthy, active and fit (shedding around 20lbs).
    Kris we miss you!
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    2016 is full of promise. We all have a nice head start and that feels great!
  • livingyoung28
    Options
    2nd workout complete!
  • Living360
    Options
    Way to go @livingyoung28!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Even though I preplanned my meals for yesterday I went over my calorie limit at dinner. Woke up this morning and doubled my walk. Nothing is going to stop me in 2016 -not even myself. :)
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @NewOR2015 - keep it up! The last couple of days have been over my calories as well because we have been out socializing with friends and relatives. Thankfully we're done with that and I can get back to my usual routine...the one that has proven to work for me for the last 6+ months.

@livingyoung28 - so inspirational! I wish I had the energy to do a two a day workout! Maybe I will make that one of my goals this month...to do that at least once or twice per week. Keep it up!
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @JMarcella57 - that's a great idea, to see it as a hill. I am trying to see my last 25 pounds or so as a hill too. I am hoping to be at my goal weight by my third wedding anniversary, on June 30. We're going to see my in-laws in India in March and I would love to be at least 10 pounds slimmer by then.
  • livingyoung28
    Options
    @JMarcella57 - you got this 10lbs no problem. 20lbs is my goal by summer.

@NewOR2015 - my calorie intake has been fluctuating but like you I am going to work it off and keep aiming for clean and healthy eating within my calorie limit. Snacking is my problem, but I am going to keep at it.

Two workouts complete today! Feeling great!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I am working the whole weekend so decided to take a rest from exercise (my job is fairly active anyway) but now I'm bored with that and plan to get some training in today. Eating has been OK, but I always easy better when I train so I want to improve it by getting the endorphins flowing.

Very excited for Tuesday as it is 1 year since I started training at my gym which has been a total evolution in my life! Going to celebrate with a fitness class taken by my friend and a judo session with my sexy Sensei!
  • Living360
    Options
    @CaptainBoing I was reading your post and thinking how lucky you are to have an active job. I sit in an office long hours and commute over two hours each weekday. For the 1st time I looked at your profile and you weren't kidding, you are active. Thank you for sharing. Your enthusiasm for living a healthy life is interesting and encourages me to do more. I petted an armadillo at Sea World a couple of months ago which for me was quite exotic, lol. You never know who you'll meet here, the web is a wonderful place. Congratulations on your training anniversary and have a great week!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome message! I am often still amazed at the difference in my life from a year ago. The owner of the gym I train at aims at training a lifestyle (it is a martial art focused gym) and we really are like a family. We don't just train together, we really do life together and often hang out away from the gym. A lot of that time is spent doing active things and it is easy to choose healthy food because we are all making similar choices. Without them I would not have made the changes I have! And my job is awesome.
  • livingyoung28
    Options
    @CaptainBoing - Congrats on 1 year anniversary!

I had a bad day yesterday - but I'm back at it today! Very emotional (so then I binge on sugar, not good). I made pumpkin chia seed breakfast pudding for today and chicken with quinoa and vegetables. Soooo cold in New England today:( .
  • livingyoung28
    Options
    @CaptainBoing - It must be very motivating to have such a great support group. You are very lucky.