For the daily weighers

Options
I am a daily weigher. It's not that I'm obsessed with it, it's a matter of help keeping me in check. There is a great app I was told about, HAPPY SCALE, and I love it! You can set milestones (mini goals) with your start and ultimate goal weight. I have my milestones set up in accordance to when I want to reach my ultimate goal and how many months there are. For example, if you want to reach your goal weight by August, set the milestones to 8 and it will give you a goal to lose each month. It also gives you projected dates if you lose what you set your weekly weight loss goal at, and it gives you actual dates of what you actually do enter. It also will give you a moving average weight to help with those fluctuation days. It has charts, reports and a lot more. It's a FREE app and I really love it!

Replies

• lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will check that out. I weigh daily, it not an obsession for me but more of a reminder to be diligent.
  • doitnow1218
    doitnow1218 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I love little gadgets like that :)
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I have that app too. love it!
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I'll have to check it out!
  • megannxx
    Options
    Is that for iphone or android? I can't seem to find it.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I have it on my iphone.
  • LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    From what I see it's for iPhone only, but Android users mentioned an app called Libra. It looks to be very similar to HappyScale..
  • megannxx
    Options
    Thanks. I just found the Libra app. Liking it so far!
  • LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Oh good!
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I put it on my phone yesterday. Love it! I changed the "milestones" from 10 to 20 so I could break it down into smaller chunks. It will take 6 months to reach my goal with a 1.5 pounds loss per week. This ap will definitely help me to focus.
  • countrcowgirl
    countrcowgirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - I will need to try it!
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this! Just downloaded happy scale.
  • SheenaBall
    SheenaBall Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't think I love the app as I would like to see a broader scale to chose from than the past 2 weeks, 1.5 pounds a week, or the average... But it is really nice, and I am using it daily so I might still change my mind. Thanks for sharing it, it's at least another fun gadget to keep me motivated by playing with the numbers.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    For those that want to use a computer, I recommend Trendweight.com - last I checked they don't have an app though.
  • SheenaBall
    SheenaBall Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    ACSL3 wrote: »
    For those that want to use a computer, I recommend Trendweight.com - last I checked they don't have an app though.

However it looks to me like that requires a specific scale.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    SheenaBall wrote: »
    ACSL3 wrote: »

However it looks to me like that requires a specific scale.

As far as I know it doesn't. I put my weight into MFP and it ends up there - Its been a long time since I set it up but I assume I have it linked to MFP. I have a cheap scale from Target
  • AlyssaDarby13
    AlyssaDarby13 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I downloaded HappyScale to my iPad. I weigh twice a week (Weds and Sun) and so far with 4 weights in there, it's looking awesome.