Looking for Fitness and Fun for the Long Haul?

Options
Olympic weightlifting has been around for over a hundred years. Unfortunately, in the U.S. it hasn't caught on as a sport like it has elswhere in the world. This is a real shame because believe it or not, we have a much lower injury rate than football or soccer, we focus on nutrition because we compete in weight classes (and performance) and with the masters division, we have competitors in their 80's (Yes, in their 80's!)

We focus on technique, flexibillity, speed and overall body strength. And we do it at a fraction of the cost of most commercial gyms. You'll find many Olympic weightlifting coaches who donate their time rather than charge for it. Men's Health ran this article a few years ago and it's spot-on. http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/weight-lifting-workout

Interested?

Replies

• koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I was sold when I first saw my coach coaching a discus thrower about 15yrs ago. I knew instantly it was much better than the RANDOM training I was doing upstairs. 60 competitions later I'm loving it. I got to the National standard after about 8yrs of training :P

Koing
  • codytriguy
    codytriguy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    koing wrote: »
    I was sold when I first saw my coach coaching a discus thrower about 15yrs ago. I knew instantly it was much better than the RANDOM training I was doing upstairs. 60 competitions later I'm loving it. I got to the National standard after about 8yrs of training :P

Koing

60 meets? Holly crap! That's impressive! What's the national standard?