Fitbit and treadmill exercise entries?

Options
Frisky221
Frisky221 Posts: 6 Member
I have been doing the treadmill everyday and just started seriously using MFP.....but do I log my distance and calories burned in MVP exercise and let fit bit adjust the calories? That makes me feel like I'm getting double the credit for my workout.

Replies

• olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If you use the Fitbit to time your workout(s), those miles/steps will be included in your Fitbit calculated total steps and the calories will be included in the Fitbit calculated total calories, but will not be double counted in MFP if you log your exercise separately from Fitbit's syncing with MFP. When the calories and steps computed by Fitbit are greater than what is logged into MFP, the difference between the Fitbit calculations and your other MFP logged exercises is added to your MFP exercise. You're not getting double credit for your workout.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I recommend you read the FAQ found in the stickies. It will explain a lot. Here's a handy link:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1

I let Fitbit handle all of my exercise and MFP handle all of my food. You have to do things really wrong to get double credit for your workout, but if you log a treadmill workout in MFP then you could be over-writing the better estimate that your Fitbit had for it.

(I also log workouts in MapMyWalk but that is mostly for social reasons and it doesn't actually show up in MFP or Fitbit.)
  • Frisky221
    Frisky221 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank You! That article was perfect ☺