Sync problem with my android phone.

Options
Abakan
Abakan Posts: 361 Member
Only had my Fitbit for 2 days and although it was syncing fine with my phone it hasn't and won't synced since 7.30 this morning. I've tried everything on the trouble shooting page..... everything that should be on/off is as it should be. Any ideas anyone?

Replies

• Abakan
    Options
    Sorry should have said I have charge HR.
  • Pkiddy
    Pkiddy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My HR is not syncing w/ my android today either. could be a temp issue. will reboot my phone later (when i don't need it for awhile) and if that doesn't work, maybe reset tracker. If that doesn't work, i'll look to fitbit.com, see if it is a known issue :) Please post if your's starts to work :)
  • Abakan
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Pkiddy, will keep you up dated.
  • Pkiddy
    Options
    I just noticed that there is a sync issue online as well, not w/ the HR, i didn't check that, but... it says one of my friends has not checked in to MFP in over 2 months. Hard to believe when she has posted a status update just 3 hours ago....
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    MFP says they are suspending Fitbit synching until they can figure some issues out. Bummer, now my diary will be off.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    MFP says they are suspending Fitbit synching until they can figure some issues out. Bummer, now my diary will be off.

Great... I haven't finished logging my day and adding the extras I'm having from my exercise calories. Looks like I'll be estimating from similar activity days and hoping I'm not too off (MFP's CO estimation is about 200 calories fewer than Fitbit's.)
  • Tracy2162
    Tracy2162 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just manually logged my workout until it's fixed
  • Colorscheme
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »

Great... I haven't finished logging my day and adding the extras I'm having from my exercise calories. Looks like I'll be estimating from similar activity days and hoping I'm not too off (MFP's CO estimation is about 200 calories fewer than Fitbit's.)

Same here. It's really, really annoying. I don't understand why anyone should pay for MFP Premium if nothing has been going right lately. Good thing I don't have a premium account.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Have you tried deleting, and reinstalling the app ?
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    When MFP and Fitbit aren't syncing, I find it easiest to look at MFP to see how many calories I've eaten and then subtract that from what Fitbit thinks I've burned. Not ideal, but it gives me a rough idea of how much I have left to eat. If I wanted to be a little more accurate, I could add in my BMR for the rest of the day, but that's more arithmetic than I want to do.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    It's not just android - I noticed the issue with my iPhone. Here's a link to the issue:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2272192-fitbit-sync-delay

It would have been nice for them to have sent FitBit users a notification :/
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This just SUCKS!!!!! :rage: I rely heavily on my fitbit syncing to mfp
  • Colorscheme
    Options
    This just SUCKS!!!!! :rage: I rely heavily on my fitbit syncing to mfp

Same here...
  • mrskeown220
    mrskeown220 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's not just android - I noticed the issue with my iPhone. Here's a link to the issue:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2272192-fitbit-sync-delay

It would have been nice for them to have sent FitBit users a notification :/

I saw a friend with a Fitbit post this also went into the apps and saw the link but couldn't click on it so thanks Morgan! hopefully this issue is fixed fast cause I really rely on the sync also !
  • sbgood
    sbgood Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »

Same here. It's really, really annoying. I don't understand why anyone should pay for MFP Premium if nothing has been going right lately. Good thing I don't have a premium account.

My exact thoughts! Before they offered premium, I rarely had problems. I'm thinking of finding something else.
  • Abakan
    Options
    My issue is that my Fitbit HR won't sync with my Fitbit account on my phone. I think I'll have to get in touch with Fitbit.
  • Pkiddy
    Options
    mine is syncing w/ my android phone now. i did two things specifically that i don't normally do... I updated the app, and did a reboot on my phone.
  • Abakan
    Options
    Disconnected my Fitbit from my phone and synced it with my pc but it still didn't work, my pc couldn't find it even though it was right next to it..... I believe there is something wrong with the Fitbit so I've sent it back and asked for a replacement.