Favorite flavors?

Options
2»

Replies

• HuskerJulie413
    HuskerJulie413 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    These ideas are so helpful! I am going to try so many of them! Thanks!

If I find the Torani locally at a chain store I will let the group know.
  • HuskerJulie413
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So I have been on the program for 8 weeks. I stopped using the shaker they gave us and only use a blender with extra ice now for all my drinks. So much better consistency. My favorites are:

Chocolate pudding made as a shake with 1 cup ice and water to make 2 cups total before adding the mix.
    Vanilla pudding made as a shake like above. I really appreciate that I can add 0 carb sweeteners and sugar free flavors for variety.
    *pumpkin pie spice
    *cinnamon
    *sugar free Torani salted caramel syrup
    *Dasani pineapple-coconut liquid water enhancer
    Pineapple-Apricot beverage. I typically have this for my first shake of the day. Reminds me of juice smoothie.

I really was glad to add the cream of chicken soup (and entrees below) after week 2. I found that blending the soup in my blender and then adding poultry seasoning helps it. Our clinic doesn't have the cheddar broccoli someone mentioned above. I would LOVE to have that one.

I also eat a combination of the sloppy joe and chili together. I always make it on the stove and don't boil out all the water so it's more like a thicker chili. Sometimes I add more chili powder to it.

I have tried all the bars and they are really good but have so many carbs that I can't have the sloppy joe/chili or any other of the 10 extra carbs plus they don't fill me up as much so I don't have them often. Great when I have to eat something while running errands and away from home for a while though.

All of the liquid water enhancers are great so drinking my water is never a problem!

What about everyone else?
  • oooooKATEooooo
    oooooKATEooooo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been primarily on chocolate beverage for 11 days.

I bought a box of strawberry, not a big fan - somewhat medicinal tasting to me.

I had my 2nd cream of chx soup tonight - wasn't restricted to not have it during first 2 weeks, as it appears Julie was. ???

I only use a mini blender and pour the blended shake over ice.
    I prefer it this way - don't like blending WITH ice, as it becomes too frothy for me.
    I've been adding more like 10oz of water, just to give me a bit more. Doesn't affect the flavor, still flavorful.

Even did the cream of chicken soup in blender, with hot water.
  • HuskerJulie413
    edited August 2015
    Options
    When we started we got one variety pack and then we could choose from the shakes. The variety pack contained one packet of strawberry and the chicken soup along with five other things. I'm mistaken it was actually the bars not the chicken soup that we couldn't have for two weeks! Sorry! I think our dietitian was trying to give us something to look forward to! I think the strawberry was pretty intense with only 9 ounces of water. I'm wondering now if it was mixed with more water and blended with or over the ice that it may tone it down? Our clinic doesn't sell it though because it just sat on the shelves from what I was told. So unless I buy another variety pack and get one I can't get strawberry anymore.
  • oooooKATEooooo
    Options
    I have a few extra strawberry.
    I dislike it.
    I can mail them to you to if you're interested!

I've been making the choc w 10oz water. Soup too. More like 11oz for strawberry!
    They are all intense to me.
  • oooooKATEooooo
    Options
    Also, the bars are way higher carbs than shakes or soup. I did week 2 with only like 3 bars total. Will buy some more but plan to use sparingly.
  • HuskerJulie413
    Options
    Thanks for the nice offer to mail a strawberry shake to me but I'll pass. It's not likely more water will make me like it that much more! :)

The only bars we can officially have are the 130 calorie chocolate fudge bars and we have to have 2 to equal a meal. The fiber and sugar alcohols reduce the total carbs plus 3 other meal replacements to 50 grams of carbs for the day, the upper limit. Sometimes I'll just have 2 other shakes on the days I have the 2 bars. Otherwise that means no other 1 gm carbs like gum, bouillon or 1 carb sugar free sweeteners. I usually only use them when I'm away from home and can't bring a shake.
  • marallewis
    marallewis Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Here's what kept me sane for the past 12 weeks:

Chocolate shake w/ fiber made with black coffee for breakfast. I use a wisk and pour over ice. I don't like the froth that comes from the blender.
    Lunch - Vanilla Pudding or Vanilla Shake - add Sugar Free Salted Caramel flavoring.
    Chili - Add jalepenos or hot sauce. 2nd choice - sloppy joe with hot sauce.
    and on a tough day, kosher dill pickle spears - no more than 2.

I can do the 2 bars for a meal if I am traveling but if I am home it doesn't keep me satisfied long enough.

• Lisalovestravel
    Lisalovestravel Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I strongly disliked both soup flavors. The chicken was okay, but I couldn't get past the bitty carrot chunks when drinking. I don't put the soup in a bowl because then I want crackers. I drink everything from my shaker glass. When I told my nurse, she agreed and said they weren't very popular. I really love the lemon pudding and the vanilla pudding. I add extra water to make a thick shake so I can drink them. I think the vanilla tastes like cake batter- yum! I need to try the chocolate next I guess! I've been drinking the shakes- chocolate and mocha, but not a fan of the mocha as to me it has a coffee taste, so will try the chocolate pudding.

I've not heard of the chili!

I get one bar per day and was told NOT to skip any of my three meals or the bar. So far, it's been good, a nice late afternoon snack. I was told that some split the bar in half for a morning and an afternoon snack. I'm plenty full as is. The caramel/cocoa bar is so tasty I've not been inclined to try anything else yet- though they all sound tasty.
  • HuskerJulie413
    Options
    Maral I love the idea of adding hot sauce to the chili and sloppy joe. You should try one packet of each and see if you like that. I got that idea from the clinic and it's good. I too really like the ice and extra water in the shakes.

Has anyone tried the cheddar broccoli? We don't have that soup but I saw they do carry it. Maybe with the cooler weather our clinic would consider stocking it again.
  • Lisalovestravel
    Lisalovestravel Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've tried the cheddar broccoli. I'm not a broccoli fan, so can't say I'd buy it for myself (a friend gave me one of her packets to sample). However, it did taste quite cheesy which was nice. I liked it better than the chicken soup, just for being cheesy and smooth.
  • marallewis
    marallewis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tried the cheddar broccoli in my first week and it was ghastly. Maybe if I was further along in the program I would have been able to stomach it - but the fake cheese flavor did me in. CORRECTION: I use iced coffee with my morning chocolate shake - hot coffee doesn't work so well! LOL
  • HuskerJulie413
    Options
    We can't even buy the broccoli cheese soup at our clinic, only the cream of chicken soup. I asked at the last meeting if they could order the broccoli cheese since it's getting cooler out and it would be nice to have some variety.
    She said she would ask the people who do the ordering.
  • erock0628
    erock0628 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate and vanilla pudding. All the other shakes that are not pudding is way to watery and not filling. The soups eww eww eww. I hate them. I can't even keep them down. And when I make pudding I can't keep those down as well. So I've just been making a shakes out of the pudding.
  • HuskerJulie413
    Options
    I prefer the puddings as shakes too but I still will drink the Pineapple-Apricot and Mocha beverages. I ALWAYS blend all of the drinks with ice in the blender.