Dress Code

Options
PamOliva
PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
Scrubs or no? I wear the classic ciel blue scrubs. So easy to hide in right? I noticed that the leaner women I work with wear them more fitted, not baggy, so there is no room to grow. Next time I hit the uniform shop I'll remember this. I love uniforms b/c they simplify life and are one less decision to make. Cheaper too b/c we don't need a mess of clothes for work. How about you? What's your style?

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Company buys us 5 pairs of scrubs twice a year. Either pewter grey or black, and there are only like 3 styles of tops. Definitely makes it easier not having to think about it
  • Paulina1230
    Paulina1230 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I practically live in scrubs. They are my secret addiction. There are so many cute tops and Im not kidding when I say I have at least 75 tops. I am so looking forward to buying new ones in a much smaller size. When they get worn out and I retire them from work...then they become my lounge around the house jammies. They are so comfy.
  • evolution328
    evolution328 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I get to wear jeans and a T-shirt to work, it's great :)
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wear scrubs. Working in peds we are open to wear whatever prints we choose. I tend to gravitate towards solids lately. My scrubs are getting baggy I think I need to invest in some new ones!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    I am in L&D so I have to wear hospital scrubs, our ugly as sin teal color is designated for the OR. The non OR people get the ceil. The tops are pull over your head types, which I hate, since I work where the bodily fluids can fly. They come out of the scrub Pyxis and it's always an adventure as to how they fit. One shift, skin tight, the next 12 hours later, they're loose. I started out in a 3X, now I can actually fit in the XS, which blows my mind.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    OR scrubs pretending to be some shade of?blue....... Went from wearing L to loose S but they're still ugly and often have little patches or defects..... At least I don't have to launder them! And I don't have to buy new sizes or worry what to wear at work
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm usually in jeans and a shirt or blouse. Love it. Can't wait to get some smaller sizes though!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    At the ER that I work in we are allowed to wear any color stubs we want. I don't like the ones with designs on them, so I wear solid colored scrubs by Greys Anatomy. They hold up wash after wash.
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I work in Corrections so it's scrub pants and either a scrub top or a DOC t-shirt. We can have any color except white, all orange or all grey for obvious reasons. I can't wait to be able to order smaller shirts!
  • marji1974
    marji1974 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I work in an outpatient clinic so I have the option to wear scrubs or business casual. I love it because it gives me flexibility. If I do put on scrubs it's usually the scrub bottom and a tee shirt( work logo) or long sleeve shirt.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have worn street clothes but when I get off from medical leave I will be wearing red scrubs. The Oncology team color is red.