Vital Signs

Options
PamOliva
PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
What values, measurements or stats are you tracking right now?

I'm checking my weight about weekly. I don't count calories but I do try to get about 20 grams of protein with each meal. I'm tracking my workouts and shooting for 3 per week. I'm always tracking my mood, sleep quality and stress levels and trying to keep those as even as possible (ha ha ha).

Lately I've been thinking about how much caffeine I'm getting b/c I think it's been making me more anxious than normal. I also track alcohol intake to keep it on the very moderate side and track foods I tend to overeat so I buy them in smaller quantities (or not at all). Most of this I just track in my head. I only write down my exercise schedule and weight when I check it. The rest are pretty much routine habits I follow (or try to).

Replies

• allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I log my calories and am working on hitting my macros. I track my exercise (shooting for 4 or 5 workouts a week) I have a vivofit2 and am tracking my sleep but that is depressing lol.
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just track calories and exercise for now. I am keeping track of protein too because I am lifting weights and gaining muscle
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Calories. I recently changed all my settings in MFP to sedentary with no workouts per week (even though I get 6 in per week) and a goal of 1lb per week. I monitor my steps with my vivofit, and I have a HRM that talks to it. I'm still tweaking with everything since the HRM was a Christmas gift. Every Sunday, I calculate my average TDEE for the week before, and calculate my daily calorie goal to that.

Edit: I also take progress pics when I'm feeling stalled, and take my measurements every time I change phases in t25, which is every 5-7 weeks depending on how diligently I am working!
  • stazed657
    stazed657 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I track calories and exercise, aim for my 10k steps and use my old clothes as a measure of how much I've slimed down. I have taken some progress pics along the way to see how I'm getting more definition.
  • Deej1020
    Deej1020 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I track everything. It's probably because of all these apps, but I pay attentions. Calories, sodium, sugars, weight, exercises. I keep track of it all.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I track calories and when I start exercise I will track that too. If it goes in my mouth I log it.
  • PamOliva
    PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just resumed weekly measurements yesterday as part of the fitness program I'm in. I'm up 1.5 inches since I hit my goal in Nov. but my weight is still the same for past 3 months. Back to steady workouts. It's good to know the facts to stay on course.
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am doing weekly weights.

lets see... I also have pants, size 44, 42, 40, 38. when I started I was in 42, but busting out- size 44 are my all time fat-*kitten* pants, so they where on deck. I was getting ready to start wearing them :( Have been in a calorie deficit since the first of January and:

size 42 is loose and I can fit in some of the 40's. Size 38 (fitting loosely) is the dream because most every store goes up to 38..... I am hoping to wear them in a few months!