Looking for other women in similar situation for support

Options
Hi, I'm a mom of 3 and new on the groups. I've used MFP in the past to track calories. I'm looking to find other women in a similar situation to support each other. I feel I have a long road ahead since I have 65lbs or more to lose (probably over 2 years or so based on previous experiences). My youngest is 18 months and I've gained a lot since her birth. Breastfeeding and tiredness seems to increase my hunger more than what I burn. Anyone that is in a similar situation and interested in adding me as a friend, please do.

Replies

• PilatesConvert
    PilatesConvert Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just replied to your reddit post I think. Howdy.
  • ChickenDrinks39
    ChickenDrinks39 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes that was me. :) thanks!
  • mhinclan
    mhinclan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of two, still nursing my youngest at 21 months. I have gained weight since she was born and have about 100 lbs to lose now. I have been successful in the past, including a 90-lb loss between kiddos. Hoping to be successful again this time. Feel free to add me!
  • mhinclan
    mhinclan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    And I feel you about the hunger. Even breastfeeding a toddler (and mine still nurses all the time!) still makes me feel hungry all the time too. In the past when I would start losing weight it came off fast at first. The couple times I've tried while breastfeeding have not given me the same results and it's so much harder to decrease calories.
  • pixiexribbons
    pixiexribbons Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I'm a mom to a 3 month old baby girl and have about 70lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. I had success losing weight right before I got pregnant (I think losing 20 lbs helped my fertility, and then I gained it back and then some with breastfeeding). I feel ravenously hungry due to nursing. I could use other mama friends if you'd like to add me.
  • Miffyfax
    Miffyfax Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Elementary aged kids here. Thirty something wife, mom, full time worker bee, part time student, and have 80+ to lose. Looking for other mom friends also to beef up my feed. This is the first time I have played in the groups. I just need some increased engagement within MFP to help keep me motivated and engaged. Feel free to add me!
  • ChickenDrinks39
    ChickenDrinks39 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I added you all (unless I missed someone). It's somewhat reassuring to see that I'm not the only one who gains weight breastfeeding. But I'm sorry some of you also have that problem. In a facebook group I'm in I mostly see people asking for high cal foods idea because they are losing too much. Where as I feel like I'm the opposite, eating fairly reasonably, always hungry and still gained. I even asked my doctor to check my bloodwork for anything but nothing came up. She still nurses but only asks for her favourite side now and I don't think there's actually enough milk to affect my appetite like before.
  • ashmaro
    ashmaro Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've gained weight breastfeeding. I have about 50lbs to lose, still nursing my 9 month old son. Eating enough to breastfeed and lose weight has been a challenge. The hunger, some days are MUCH much worse, but I feel hungry all the time. I am adding you as a friend!
  • westhighlandterror
    Options
    Hello ladies. I have just stopped breastfeeding. I didn't gain weight while breastfeeding, but wasn't able to lose any of the baby weight either. My supply really dropped last month so between that, working full time and wanting to get my body back I decided that it was time for me to stop. We can do this ladies!
  • AtomicCupcake1
    AtomicCupcake1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here, mom of 3 and 2 stepkids. I want to lose 43 lbs, and don't exercise much besides chasing my 11 month old around. Other than that, I'm starting out by watching what I eat and how much. I'm HORRIBLE with fitness! Always needing motivation! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • aemganesh
    aemganesh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm done breastfeeding, but it didn't help me lose weight. I'm still trying to get my post baby weight off... It's a struggle and I'd appreciate all the support I can get, and I promise to give it right back!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I lost of ton of the baby weight while breastfeeding, but when I finished I ended gaining it all back and then some! I sure which I had had the energy to workout while breastfeeding... the results could have been amazing. But we all know, with a newborn it's a "yeah right." I could use motivation now especially!! I have a two year old, a full time job, a husband starting a new business and who is working six days a week, and live-in in-laws that are helping with his new business/child care. It's crazy! I feel like putting aside time fore me is practically an impossibility. Right now, I exercise at 9pm at night once I get my daughter to sleep, so I don't need to impose on anyone or miss time with my girl. Motivation would be appreciated, so please feel free to friend me!

Shannon
  • SamathaDain
    SamathaDain Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    After my first my body snapped right back and I lost all the baby weight and more breastfeeding. Baby number two? Not so much. Stomach is still soft and flabby and this time around I gained weight breastfeeding because of how hungry I was all of the time. It's been hard getting back on track since I now chase two kids and don't seem to ever get a full nights sleep. Glad I'm not in this alone.
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am a working mom with a 8 month old. I am still breastfeeding and having success with weight loss so far. I add calories for breastfeeding which helps with not feeling too hungry. Feel free to add me - my diary is open for friends.
  • darken6
    darken6 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm also breastfeeding my 8-mo. In the past, I've weighed less postpartum than I did pre-pregnancy. But that was several pregnancies ago! Now I'm at my highest weight ever and looking to get back on the bandwagon. I was doing great after my 6th baby's birth, tearing through Jillian Michaels DVDs, but I got pregnant again and the "morning" sickness hit and all bets were off. So, I'm starting over. Again. I'm on a good logging streak now and will start JM's beginner shred tomorrow.
    I sent you a friend request, op. Anyone else here feel free to add me, too!!