July 2016 moms

Options
Hi ladies,

I didn't see a forum for July 2016 moms yet and thought I would start one. I am pregnant with my second and due July 4th. Of course, I was not quite the weight I wanted to be when I found out and I am hoping to gain minimal weight with this one and would love accountability. Looking forward to hearing from others!

Replies

• Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi, Congratulations ...I m also pregnant with my 2nd baby... Gained 65 lbs during 1st pregnancy n took 2 years to reduce all weight. My due date is 10 of July... Hopefully this time I will do good... Best wishes :)
  • jlgomez0710
    jlgomez0710 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new bundle of joys ladies. I am also pregnant with my 3rd. My due date is July 20th. The last 2 pregnancies I did not watch what I ate and did not work out at all. I do not want to repeat that for this pregnancy. Good luck! Add me if you like.
  • LaurenBraddy
    LaurenBraddy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I'm expecting a July 25th baby (#2) and am hoping to stay healthy this go round! Are there any other low carbers out there? Obviously, I won't be seriously limiting them (especially since I can only stomach rice and milk right now) but I would like to keep them down.
  • QuallyLeShay
    QuallyLeShay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I'm expecting a July 25th baby (#2) and am hoping to stay healthy this go round! Are there any other low carbers out there? Obviously, I won't be seriously limiting them (especially since I can only stomach rice and milk right now) but I would like to keep them down.

Me! Me! Me! I was strict keto and working out twice a day. Surprise. Despite my IUD I'm creating baby number 3! Due July 5th. All I want is white food and sweets! This is going to get interesting. I've got some studying to do to figure out how pregnancy fits into my way of eating now and what adjustments if any will need to be made. But basically low carb is the same diet that diabetics follow so.... We shall see. Add me if you'd like. We haven't announced to the world yet so my posts will be limited. Nonetheless here we go!
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just thought I would give you my experience with low carb lifestyle and pregnancy, I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant. Before becoming pregnant I adhered to a low carb high protein diet and was very active (lots of HIIT running, rowing, kettle bells, suspension training, etc.). My pre-pregnancy stats were 5'6 115 lbs. In my first trimester I had serious nausea and food aversions, I would vomit at the sight of veggies, dairy, eggs, protein shakes/bars, etc. I could only stomach rice, bread and bagels, corn flakes, pasta, potatoes and cheese, oh and chicken noodle soup. I subsisted off of that stuff until about week 12 when the constant all day "morning sickness" let up. Despite my change in diet I didn't gain a pound the first trimester. I slowly got back to my normal eating habits throughout the second trimester (I was able to continue with my workouts throughout the pregnancy). However around week 24 my weight gain essentially stopped, the baby was growing well, stomach kept getting bigger and all ultrasounds showed that baby boy was ahead of the growth curb. My doctors didn't think much of it at first, but then after almost 10 weeks of no weight gain it started to become a bit of an issue as it was clear I was loosing weight to give to fuel my baby's growth. I thought I was doing everything right eating 2500 calories a day. I was eating mostly protein though (190-210 grams per day), although my carb percent was still about 40%. My doctor told me it was difficult to gain weight eating protein and fats and I needed to eat a lot more carbs and sugars. So now, even though my calorie count is the same (about 2500 calories) my carb is about 55% and I eat more baked goods and breads and cereals and fruit and I have started gaining about 1 lb per week (although I only have 5 weeks left). I know for many woman, gaining too much weight during pregnancy is an issue and the first thing that is recommended is to cut back on carbs and sugar, and the amount everyone should gain is different based on your starting weight. Just be careful with your diet and try to eat as well rounded as possible, pregnancy is a unique situation for your body and mine definitely needs a lot of carbs despite being fine on a low carb diet at other times in life.
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Baby #3 here! Just trying to survive morning sickness at the moment :) Last pregnancy was awesome, very healthy, only gained 23lbs (from 114 to 136). Hoping to have a simular experience this time! Congrats to all!
  • melnikn
    melnikn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! joining your July group. I'm due July 30th with my 4th. I used this group when I was pregnant w the my 3rd child. and it was great. my first pregnancy i gained 65lbs, my 2nd 45lbs and my 3rd 35lbs. Hoping i can stay between 30-35lbs this time
  • EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel, and welcome! I am actually due in June (and the beginning, so 2 months ahead of you) but I am also expecting my 4th. I put on 35-45 pounds with each of the others, managed to loose it after the first two but never did after the third (in fact gained some more!) and therefore had a starting BMI of 32 and hope to gain no more than 10 pounds this time (as per OBGYNs instructions). I am about 5 pounds less than start weight at the moment.

My babies have all been huge - around 10.5 pounds - so my abdominal muscles were pulled apart. That combined with a bit of flab and a floppy, pre-stretched uterus, means I am sporting a nice bump already at 15 weeks (but I much prefer this to just flab).

How are you finding the pregnancy so far??
  • JennergyKC
    JennergyKC Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm due July 9th with baby #1. I've gained about 7lbs already, which makes me nervous because I want to keep it around 25-30lbs total gain. To that end I need to be strict about tracking my food (which I haven't been for months) and doing light exercise. I could definitely use some accountability from this group!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options

We're due date twins! I'm due July 25th with my first little one. I'm not a low carber, but excited to try to improve my diet choices, continue increased water intake, and keep up/increase exercise.
  • zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello all.
    I am due July 2nd with bay #2. I gained about 30lbs with first one, and was not able to lose the last 5lbs. Starting off with a high BMI (26.5). So hoping to only gain 15-20lbs with this one. Definitely overindulged over the holidays, now focusing on whole foods cooked at home, and lots of walking and light calisthetics.
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Everyone feeling ok? I've been doing a 90 day exercise and water challenge which has really helped me to stay motivated to be active and hydrated. Still trying to get right on the macros, but not worrying too much. When is everyone's next appointment?
  • Jariahzmommy
    Jariahzmommy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, doin okay here. Still super tired though. I am 13 weeks today so hoping my energy returns soon! I just started tracking again this week to help me stay on track. I am starting this pregnancy overweight and really want to limit the amount of weight I gain. I have been having trouble getting my water in lately too. What is your exercise and water challenge if you don't mind me asking?
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Hi, doin okay here. Still super tired though. I am 13 weeks today so hoping my energy returns soon! I just started tracking again this week to help me stay on track. I am starting this pregnancy overweight and really want to limit the amount of weight I gain. I have been having trouble getting my water in lately too. What is your exercise and water challenge if you don't mind me asking?

I'll be 12 weeks on Monday. It is called "2016 90 day challenge" and it's under the challenges section of the myfitnesspal discussions. Basically, the goal is to do 30-60 minutes of exercise 4-6 days a week (switching up what you do as much as possible), drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water a day, and practice self love. Then you post what you did on the post every day. If your doctor has approved you to exercise, I've found some great prenatal yoga dvds and other workouts that I've been doing. Also, just walking the dog. Feel free to add me too if you'd like.

• joviwan
    joviwan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! I am due July 11th, and this is my first pregnancy.

I have been very lucky with minimal nausea/no vomiting; but the fatigue was intense! I will be 14 weeks tomorrow, and feel like I am getting some of my energy back :smile:

Just found this group & will be checking it out to keep myself motivated to continue tracking nutrients and staying active!
  • QuallyLeShay
    QuallyLeShay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    fernt21 wrote: »
    Hi, I just thought I would give you my experience with low carb lifestyle and pregnancy, I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant. Before becoming pregnant I adhered to a low carb high protein diet and was very active (lots of HIIT running, rowing, kettle bells, suspension training, etc.). My pre-pregnancy stats were 5'6 115 lbs. In my first trimester I had serious nausea and food aversions, I would vomit at the sight of veggies, dairy, eggs, protein shakes/bars, etc. I could only stomach rice, bread and bagels, corn flakes, pasta, potatoes and cheese, oh and chicken noodle soup. I subsisted off of that stuff until about week 12 when the constant all day "morning sickness" let up. Despite my change in diet I didn't gain a pound the first trimester. I slowly got back to my normal eating habits throughout the second trimester (I was able to continue with my workouts throughout the pregnancy). However around week 24 my weight gain essentially stopped, the baby was growing well, stomach kept getting bigger and all ultrasounds showed that baby boy was ahead of the growth curb. My doctors didn't think much of it at first, but then after almost 10 weeks of no weight gain it started to become a bit of an issue as it was clear I was loosing weight to give to fuel my baby's growth. I thought I was doing everything right eating 2500 calories a day. I was eating mostly protein though (190-210 grams per day), although my carb percent was still about 40%. My doctor told me it was difficult to gain weight eating protein and fats and I needed to eat a lot more carbs and sugars. So now, even though my calorie count is the same (about 2500 calories) my carb is about 55% and I eat more baked goods and breads and cereals and fruit and I have started gaining about 1 lb per week (although I only have 5 weeks left). I know for many woman, gaining too much weight during pregnancy is an issue and the first thing that is recommended is to cut back on carbs and sugar, and the amount everyone should gain is different based on your starting weight. Just be careful with your diet and try to eat as well rounded as possible, pregnancy is a unique situation for your body and mine definitely needs a lot of carbs despite being fine on a low carb diet at other times in life.

Omg! I thought I was crazy. Even the smell of meat would gag me. All I have been able to eat were white foods! Bananas, cereal, oatmeal. It's finally getting better. I'm getting back on track but going to adjust my macros a little!
  • Nonosgirl
    Nonosgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I stumbled upon this group this morning when I decided I needed to start tracking again now that I'm finally feeling better. I'm due on July 13th, baby number 1 for me.

Pre-pregnancy I was a pretty avid runner and crossfitter. I also tried to apply the Whole 30 principles to my diet as much as possible, but around week 5 I started feeling awful. Feeling awful lead to very few workouts and some less than stellar food choices. Now that I'm feeling mostly better I'm trying to get back into my regular workout schedule and eating habits.

My Dr recommended a weight gain of only 10-15lbs based on my BMI. (Side note I think BMI is a worthless measurement.) As of my last appt (13 weeks) I'd only gained 4lbs but I'm pretty nervous that I'll gain more like 20-30 lbs by the time it's all said and done. I've been on a weight loss/gain roller coaster my whole life. I was finally at a point where I felt like exercise and diet were falling into place. Hoping pregnancy doesn't derail me.
  • joviwan
    Options
    Nonosgirl wrote: »
    Hi ladies. I stumbled upon this group this morning when I decided I needed to start tracking again now that I'm finally feeling better. I'm due on July 13th, baby number 1 for me.

Pre-pregnancy I was a pretty avid runner and crossfitter. I also tried to apply the Whole 30 principles to my diet as much as possible, but around week 5 I started feeling awful. Feeling awful lead to very few workouts and some less than stellar food choices. Now that I'm feeling mostly better I'm trying to get back into my regular workout schedule and eating habits.

My Dr recommended a weight gain of only 10-15lbs based on my BMI. (Side note I think BMI is a worthless measurement.) As of my last appt (13 weeks) I'd only gained 4lbs but I'm pretty nervous that I'll gain more like 20-30 lbs by the time it's all said and done. I've been on a weight loss/gain roller coaster my whole life. I was finally at a point where I felt like exercise and diet were falling into place. Hoping pregnancy doesn't derail me.

Great that you are feeling better! Our due dates are close (mine is July 11th), and it is also my first :smile: I wasn't able to do much consistently as far as exercising during my first trimester either, but I do feel like I've turned a corner the past couple weeks and regular workouts/runs are feeling good again! I hope you are finding the same to be true, and good luck getting back into your routine!
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner and have done many half and full marathons, but never while pregnant (this is my 3rd baby). I just decided to go for a half marathon (13.1 miles/ 21km) in 8 weeks! I'll be 20 weeks pregnant. I'm so excited!

I've been running 3-4x a weeks this month, 2-4 miles at a time. I'm starting to feel better though, so I'm excited to work up to more like 20ish miles a week!

Any other pregnant runners here?
  • joviwan
    Options
    I'm a runner and have done many half and full marathons, but never while pregnant (this is my 3rd baby). I just decided to go for a half marathon (13.1 miles/ 21km) in 8 weeks! I'll be 20 weeks pregnant. I'm so excited!

I've been running 3-4x a weeks this month, 2-4 miles at a time. I'm starting to feel better though, so I'm excited to work up to more like 20ish miles a week!

Any other pregnant runners here?

I am a runner also. I was only able to run sporadically during the first trimester (20-30 miles/month). But with second trimester magic, I'm able to run more consistently, and am on track for 55 miles in January :-) i am 15 weeks now & excited to have the energy now to build from there!

I have done 5 full marathons, and haven't kept track of the halves. There are three races in the spring: a 15k, a half, and a 10-miler that I would be interested in. But they aren't until I am 26-29 weeks. This being my first pregnancy, I am not sure if that is idealistic or realistic :-P But I do plan to keep going as long as I am feeling good doing it.

Good luck w your training, heathermora11!