Happy New Year Team Green! January 1-15

Options

Replies

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    0/25: red again!!
    Exercise - yes 1/12 (target 3 X classes pw)
    Steps: no 1/4 (target 10k per day)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    1/4/16 - green - 4/26
    Streak: 9 days
    Exercise - no 2/16

Ugh! I have felt awful today. Flu-like, but I don't have a fever so I doubt it's the flu. Just yuck! Mandatory OT is back so I am working 6-3:30 instead of 7 - 3:30 this week. I am going to bed now. I've got my alma mater's college basketball game on the radio. I'll fall asleep listening to it.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    1-4
    Green: Yes
    Green Goal: 3/27
    Exercise: Yes
    Exercise Goal: 3/20

I'm on a roll now!

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I hope you're feeling better by tomorrow. It maybe all that mandatory OT giving you those flu-like systems. Darn them!!! I guess the blessing in the situation is you at least have a job. Try to count it all joy.
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    1/4
    Green, yes
    Exercise, yes
    Total 2/25

Back on track!
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins, hope you feel better. I don't have mandatory OT but my work continues to be non stop stress as well. Eeek!
    @Laughter_Girl nice to have you back and on a rool, woohoo! Need some of your motivation! !
  • k80flec
    Options
    Need to change my totals - Jan 2nd was a Chevy, as is today

Green - yes, 2/5
    Exercise - no, 1/12
    Steps - yes, 2/5

@jenthibert - I have two knitting projects on the go at the moment. A shawl - my second cousin's baby is due in 4 months, it should be finished by then. Also a hooded jumper in a fisherman's rib for my 10.5 mth old grandson.
    I usually do two classes tomorrow but my car will be in the garage for a new clutch - I shall have to workout at home instead.
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    January 5. 2016
    Goal 26 of 31
    Green today? Yes 5/26
    Streak 5
    Exercise goal 16
    Exercise today? No 3/16

Swim meet and a late night yesterday. I see lots of coffee in my future.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    1/5/16 - green - even with eating at a buffet for dinner because my brother was in town. 5/26
    Streak 10
    Exercise - no 2/16

Not bad considering my brother wrecked my plan to stay out of restaurants. Oh well...i stayed green even with that sundae for desert.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    January 6. 2016
    Goal 26 of 31
    Green today? Yes both 7/26
    Streak 6
    Exercise goal 16
    Exercise today? No 3/16
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Having issues w/the MFP app on my phone! It wouldn't let me 'complete' my days and isn't taking my activities into account either.
    Anyways 1/5, 1/6
    I think they were green!
    4/25

Had a follow-up apt for my foot- good and bad news. Good- it's doing much better. The cortisone shot made a huge difference. I didn't need another one, just continuing w/meds, ice, stretch. I'm actually not in pain and can walk, which is AWESOME! He thought with my other procedure coming up, it should be enough additional time off my feet that the inflammation is down and in a much better place healing wise. The bad news- he strongly suggested I don't run anymore. Apparently, if you've had that bad of a case of plantar fasciitis, it comes right back. I did explain how I'm a slogger, and take walk breaks... he said maybe I could do a little, but we're talking a little and definitely not for hours at a time. :( Of course, one part of me wants to say "yea, just watch what I do!" and another part says "but holy cow, that was a lot of pain and I'm not wanting to go through this again!!" I may just be a walker/hiker from now on. I'm also planning on getting a bike this spring so maybe that'll suffice?

I know, I'm usually fairly "rah rah!" but just trying to figure out what I do next. I'll get there. When one door closes, another opens, right?
  • k80flec
    edited January 2016
    Options
    6th

Green - No, 2/25
    Exercise - No, 1/12
    Steps - Yes, 3/5

ETA:

7th
    Green - yes, a Chevy 3/25
    Exercise - yes, swimming, 2/12
    Steps - Yes (172%), 4/6
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    1-5, 1-6 & 1-7
    Green: Yes, No & Yes
    Green Goal: 5/27
    Exercise: No, Yes & Yes
    Exercise Goal: 5/20

I signed up for the I Love to Run challenge for 2016, and my goal is to do 1,000 walking/jogging/running miles for the year. It doesn't seem like a lot, but for me, it's A LOT. Since I don't track my steps (Fitbit, Garmin, etc.), I've got to ensure that I'm getting my cardio in daily. The only good thing is I'll get to eat more. Ha!

@bbinoa I'm sorry to hear that your slogging days might be coming to an end, but I'm glad your foot as at least healing nicely. Plus, it's a relief that you don't have to have another cortisone shot. I know you enjoy jogging slowly, but there is certainly nothing wrong walking. The important thing is to keep active in a safe way for you. Keep your head up! I'm sending happy thoughts your way.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Thanks @Laughter_Girl ! I'm having a bit of a rough patch at the moment... the medicine I'm taking until I can have the surgery has left me feeling like a wet dishrag! Zero energy, major headache, and I just really don't care what I eat. I'm trying to be kind to myself... this shall pass, and for now I'm probably going to just let the brownies happen. I know I'll be feeling better soon. For now though- meh. I'm guessing January goals are NOT happening!

1,000 miles is amazing! Have you figured out how you're going to tackle it? Do you have a certain goal to do each week? That's awesome!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    1-8
    Green: Yes
    Green Goal: 6/27
    Exercise Goal: 6/20

It was a good day today. I'm glad the weekend is upon us. I plan to get some rest if I can.

@bbinoa Yes, you are indeed having a season. It'll only get better from here though. In the meantime, take care of you as best as possible. You might not meet the goals you set on here for January, but you can always change your goals. You could change yours to getting x amount of hours of sleep each day or drink so many cups of water. My biggest goal for January is to not have any french fries. It seems simple, but I LOVE fries. I'm looking forward to February 1st just so I can get some. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

As far as the 1000 miles challenge, I am hoping to complete 20 walking/running miles each week. That's not going to be easy, but I'm going to try. It seemed like a good idea when I initially registered for it. Ha!
  • k80flec
    edited January 2016
    Options
    8th
    Green - No, 3/25
    Exercise - No, 2/12
    Steps - Yes, 6/8

Another very wet day here - steps achieved by doing laps in the shopping centre/mall

Edited for typo.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    1-9
    Green: No
    Green Goal: 6/27
    Exercise Goal: 7/20

It started off good, but it went down hill when I had that hot fudge cake.
  • k80flec
    Options
    9th
    Green - Yes, 4/25
    Exercise - Yes, 3/12 - a 4.02 cycle ride between showers!
    Steps - No, 6/9

Felt quite poorly today with a vile, piercing headache and nausea - fab way to achieve a green -- but far from a good way. I couldn't face walking any distance, so that impacted on my steps. I did manage a cycle ride though.
    Feeling better today . . . . . let's see what it brings.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    January 9. 2016
    Goal 26 of 31
    Green today? Yes 9/25
    Streak 9
    Exercise goal 16
    Exercise today? Yes 4/16

Busy! Lots of swimming and written is crazy busy. Good news is it keeps me green because I only eat to sustain! Bad news is that exercise isn't routine right now.

@bbinoa, how frustrating! Do you have hiking trails nearby? I LOVE hiking.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    1/6-9 all green 9/26
    Streak:15
    Exercise: no, no, no, yes 3/16

Sorry to disappear -overtime and my husband has had the flu. Not fun.

1/3 of the way through the month, I am making good progress on my goals. On 1/2 I was up to 165lbs. Yesterday I am back down to 162.4. I try to maintain between 155 and 160 so I am getting rid of holiday/birthdays weight nicely.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    1/10 - green 10/26
    Streak 16
    Exercise - no 3/16

Gotta get my exercise act together this week.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    1/11
    Um... some red! I'll continue to check in but I'm not doing so well w/the tracking this month.
    Was able to sleep in this weekend, but we were busy- I think all of our kids had at least 2 activities each, so spent it running around, but it was fun seeing them do things they love. Several basketball games, an indoor field hockey game, chorus concert, and tumbling/cheerleading class. Whew! Plus dinner out w/the 3 who still live at home and the oldest who is headed back to college this week. It's hard getting them all together.

@Laughter_Girl - Great suggestions- I like the idea of having other things as goals. I'm feeling a little better today... not quite the wet dishrag! Just got done riding the bike at work over lunch. Have had some extra water. I also started working on my knitting. Took a class this weekend to brush up and finished one of my fingerless glove/hand warmer things. How is the 20 miles/week going? I'm DEFINITELY not a high mileage person, so that would have been a challenge for me too, unless I was training for a marathon!

@jenthibert - I'm actually super close to the Appalachian trail, and I've never hiked on it! I have friends who do so I may try to tag along w/them one day. I used to hike a lot when I lived in AZ, but the whole "bears that can eat me" thing freaks me out! There are other places around here too. I'm frustrated I'm being told I shouldn't run again, but we'll see.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins , I feel like I've been doing the disappearing act this month too. Sometimes, it just gets away from us! Hope your husband is feeling better.

@k80flec - good to see you again! I'm finally seeing the sun today after what feels like days on end of rain here. Unfortunately, it's super windy and cold, but at least there's this bright thing in the sky again!