Best thing about being tall.....

Options
mspattylo
mspattylo Posts: 14 Member
So ladies, what would you say is the best thing about being tall?

For me is being able to gain a couple pounds and it not being too noticeable. :)

Replies

• cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I agree with you there!
    I like it because it does make you unique & people will usually remember you.
    You can reach stuff.
    People think you're a model.
  • mspattylo
    mspattylo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    karla24687 wrote: »
    I agree with you there!
    I like it because it does make you unique & people will usually remember you.
    You can reach stuff.
    People think you're a model.

Yes that is very true. People will always compliment me on my height. Which is always a good confidence boost :smile:
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    All so true, except for number 17. I've been carrying my baby fat for 30 years.

You're always useful when you're tall. Playing keepings off is fun too.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot that has been said such as the weight thing and being able to reach things, but with my height I love the way I look and feel in a long, colourful maxi-dress and in a pencil skirt. It accentuates it and people notice, then sometimes I get the model/fitness model comment.

It's GREAT to be able to eat more and also to able to see over heads like at a concert...although I feel kind of bad for people behind me, especially when I wear my hair big and curly. lol

• msladytfit84
    msladytfit84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Walking in any room and all eyes are on you. Wearing heels take it to another level. It can an exhilarating feeling!
  • 74Patricia
    74Patricia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Long legs...but can be at a disadvantage when trying to shop for pants....thank God for capris!! Let's celebrate our long, lean machines!!
  • juliew3
    juliew3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    mspattylo wrote: »
    So ladies, what would you say is the best thing about being tall?

For me is being able to gain a couple pounds and it not being too noticeable. :)

Yeah, that (for me) is the good/bad thing about it. This time around (only about the umpty-jillionth time), I'm trying to stick with an acceptable 5-pound range for my weight. If I go by how my clothes fit, I'd gain 20 pounds and still be able to wear everything. Well, maybe not my size 10 skinny jeans - but everything else! That's just not acceptable and I have made a vow not to let it happen AGAIN. (sigh)

I agree with standing out, especially in heels. I come from a tall family and while visiting recently, some of my cousins remarked on how brave I am to wear heels. Well shoot - barefoot, I'm still taller than DH, so what difference will a couple more inches make?? And when I had to deal with an obnoxious HOA member with a Napoleon complex, I confess I purposefully wore high heels and remained standing, making sure I towered over him the entire time.
  • aamundsoncpa
    aamundsoncpa Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    juliew3 wrote: »
    And when I had to deal with an obnoxious HOA member with a Napoleon complex, I confess I purposefully wore high heels and remained standing, making sure I towered over him the entire time.
    HAHA! That's exactly what I used to do when I had an arrogant but short boss years ago!! Love it!

• shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    These legs! B)
  • rialucia82
    rialucia82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Having legs for dayyyyyyyyys. It doesn't help me in most public transportation situations and pants shopping is that much more of a *kitten*, but on the balance, I love my long legs.
  • tans3352
    tans3352 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So I lost weight and realised I was actually taller than I thought, though I was 5'9", am actually an extra half inch on top of that.
    I like being taller cause I carry my weight better and I can reach everything.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Best thing about being 6 feet, is everyone always look up to you :D