Check in #4!!! (ALL check ins from week of Jan 10th- even for new users so we are all together)

Options
groversa
groversa Posts: 450 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
Hello friends!
Welcome back to the norm of life without Christmas and the New Year. Now all we have to do is wait until Valentines day to eat our weight in chocolates. :D From this week please tell us: How you have been feeling (actually feelings, not this 'I'm great, I'm fine mumbo jumbo that people say when they don't really want to say) about your weight loss journey from this past four weeks, what mini goal you have for yourself for this next week and if you have lost anything since last check in! :)

ALSO- Remember that this is a community, don't be afraid to comment on or congratulate other members on there check-ins! That is what this is all about- accountabilibuddies and encouragement :)

Replies

• groversa
    Options
    I'll start. :) I'm Samantha. I'm feeling good about my weight loss so far! I get super stoked when I see the number on the scale slowly go down but I also feel extremely guilty if I get too close to my calorie limit or if I want to have a cheat meal. I've lost 10 pounds so far though so I should start feeling better rather than guilty, so I should work on that! I have a mini goal to move my butt at work even more this week than the previous weeks. I work with 3 year olds so I will work on running around, jumping, dancing more than I do, etc to burn those extra calories! I lost 3.2 pounds since last week :)
  • cemons
    cemons Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Samantha - congrats on your weight loss trend and your 3.2 lbs loss this week! Enjoy your success and don't feel guilty. Remember, it's usually the trend, not one isolated event, that's most important.
  • cemons
    Options
    The scale says I lost 0.4 lbs since last Sunday. But had a total cheat day yesterday by eating a whole bag of microwave popcorn and then a large dinner. But I'm glad to see the correlation so quickly between my cheat day and the scale, as that encourages me not to do that again as I see the immediate cause and effect. On the whole, I feel positive about my weight loss trend. I can do it!
  • rayleigh09
    rayleigh09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey yall as of today I'm still at 169 so i didn't gain or loss any. But the way I ate this past week with my 25th bday celebration I'm shocked but happy. I'll definitely get back on the healthy horse. I did a lot of soul searching this past week and realized my main struggle is the need to finish leftovers rather good or bad. I feel super obligated because I don't like to waste food or throw out food. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and what did you do to fix it?
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    So I'm down 3 lbs! BUT I'm not counting that as my weigh in because I had the flu this week. So I marked in my calender I stayed the same.
    I'm feeling pretty good this week. I've been at it for almost 30 days and have not felt the want to give up. I'm feeling good about myself and my body. My acne has been clearing up so well which I suspect is from eating healthy foods and drinking a ton of water. I actually catch myself looking in the mirror and smiling at myself now haha
    my goal for today is to only eat one small slice of my husband's birthday cake!
    Goals for this week is to do Zumba two days and Yoga one day.
  • groversa
    Options
    Thank you Cemons :) And great job to you too!
    Rayleigh- HAPPY belated birthday!!!! You deserve to have a fun week :)
    bestmeicanbe- I hope you are feeling better! The flu stinks. But I'm glad you are feeling better about yourself. That is half the battle!
  • cemons
    Options
    @ Rayleigh: I had the same issue about force feeding myself leftovers, but I finally told myself, My body is NOT a trash can. That helped me put things in perspective - hope that helps!
    @BestMeICanBe: Gratz on the skin clearing! and your smiling at your reflection made me smile with happiness. :smile:
  • rayleigh09
    rayleigh09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @groversa thank you
    @cemons thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind.
  • Jenn112358
    Jenn112358 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm late :open_mouth: but I'm down 1.9 lbs from last week, down to 227.5! I'm feeling pretty positive that I've got a good calorie goal to aim for now. For my mini-goal, I'm going to do the first week of the c210k this week. (I'm probably going to be doing week 1 for a while. :smile:
  • jmfloyd2014
    jmfloyd2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm down 0.4 lbs but had a huge cheat day yesterday that I'm working on correcting this week. My biggest win is that I've done 30 min of yoga every morning (except Sunday) for the past 10 days when I wake at 5:30am. I'm finding myself feeling more balanced in my moods and thoughts. I splurged at Christmas and bought a video I'd wanted for a long time.
  • theresea1231
    theresea1231 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm up and down and up a pound this week :( It is what it is but it'll be better next week!