Is anyone still here?

Options
Kamalalue
Kamalalue Posts: 87 Member
It has been a long time since I have checked in on here...to say I fell off the wagon would be a gross understatement... I am back and trying to decide whether to pick up this group or to start another.

If anyone is still following this group, would you please let me know?

Kamalalue

Replies

• cyn1716
    cyn1716 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, just getting back myself and was looking for active groups for people who have a lot to loose. Let me know if you know of any.
    Thanks!
  • TubbyYO
    TubbyYO Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Kamalalue
    Options
    Welcome! :) I have not checked this group since the prior message. I thought that it would send me an alert that someone had commented...sorry about that!

I have been committed for the last two and a half months to going to the gym (4 times a week)...and although I am not seeing the changes on the scale, I can tell that I have lost inches. The last several weeks have been a real struggle for me, to keep going without seeing a change on the scale. I think with some diet modifications, I may have turned a corner - but it really is too soon to tell.

How about the two of you? What changes have you made, to be happier and healthier?

Kamalalue (Katie)
  • Acacia_raye
    Acacia_raye Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm back and hoping to stay on track this time. I hope you are all well.
  • Stacylynn1977
    Stacylynn1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just started back clean eating yesterday , i am embarrassed to say since being off track , I have gained significantly , I tried to way and my scale read err, so I am just going to focus on eating right for now

My body is in so much pain, I can't stand long , so no working out for now, just going to see what I can lose by eating well first
  • ibvicki
    ibvicki Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of committing to logging food and adding a bit of exercise. No huge goals at this beginning in hope of making longer term changes. Anyone finding any strategy or group to be particularly helpful?
  • Kamalalue
    Options
    Well...I am certainly sorry! For some reason I no longer receive notifications when someone comments on a post... I had no idea that anyone responded to me.

How are you all progressing?

My update: I am in month 9 of consistently working out, and for me, that is a huge achievement! I have been watching what I eat - although that tends to fall to the wayside, with little to no notice. I have seen my size shrink, but the scale has moved only a fraction of what I think it should have. But to be fair, I have very high expectations. Overall, I have lost almost 30# since the beginning of the year, and I would guesstimate about two sizes in clothing. I am trying to stay optimistic, but I really have my moments where the frustration causes me to have doubts about what I am doing. I have come back, to help find the support to keep moving forward; because truly, I have noticed positive changes that I don't want to give up. My flexibility is improving, as is my balance. I can put socks on, without becoming out of breath. I can sit in a movie theater seat - without getting bruises on my hips. And, I am not fighting to close a seat belt anymore! These achievements don't seem like much to people who don't understand the struggle... to anyone who has been there, it is monumental.

I am wishing you all well, and hope you know that I am routing for you! We can do this! We can do anything that we put our minds to! :smiley:

Kamalalue (Katie)
  • Mslabrooks
    Mslabrooks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have use MFP on and off many times. When I first signed up in 2013 and was consistent I lost 17 pounds in 3 months. I haven't gained the 17 back but I have gained 13 of them and then have lost 10 gain 3. Just up and down.
  • colleenbeilke
    colleenbeilke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I decided to work on losing weight again about a month ago. Try to log meals everyday and I go to the gym about 2 days per week.
  • Mslabrooks
    Mslabrooks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am going to post more and be consistent.
  • dianeonamission
    dianeonamission Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi there, just wanted to let you know that there's another pretty active group on here that was for people who had a lot to lose - it was a group that started on the Weight Watchers forums but everyone moved over to MyFitnessPal for various reasons. Here's the link - feel free to join us!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115006-losing-is-winning