Wedding weight loss friends!

Options
poppyjune
poppyjune Posts: 13 Member
Hello! I'm 28 and getting married in Spring 2016 and looking to lose a few kg. Starting now to get me in the habit! I am also using MFP to track nutrition as I'm trying to grow my hair and I'm anaemic.

I'm looking to get some motivational diary buddies who are also getting married and are therefore not put off by any wedding-related chat! And UK preferable just so it's easier to recognise foods in diary, but don't mind if not!

Would love to hear about your journeys too. :)

Replies

• ilessa
    ilessa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I'm getting married end of January 2016!
  • FoodieMotion
    FoodieMotion Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My hair grew really quickly (I grew it for my wedding). Make sure you're getting loads of fresh veg and fruit. I also made sure I had a fine trim of the ends every 3 months.
    In terms of losing weight for the wedding, I failed and in the end had to accept who I was a buy a new dress. Please make sure you buy your dress in the size you are and not the size you aspire to be when you do. xx
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Getting married Sept 2017
  • Lulu27418
    Lulu27418 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 26, getting married Jan 2017, want to lose 4 or 5st. Started back on MFP last Monday, on 1200cals a day. Stopped drinking Coke and eating white bread, pasta and rice so I'm hoping this will make a massive difference, although not seen it in this first week :s good luck girls!
  • RosieJaynee
    RosieJaynee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married August next year too! You can add me :) I stick to a very good diet & always within my calories!
    Good luck to everyone! :smile:
  • cheetara86
    cheetara86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello there, im getting married in may 2016 and looking to lose a stone or 2. I had my first baby a month ago, so plenty of pregnancy flab to shift! X
  • davieshall
    davieshall Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi wanting to loose generally but 2 of my friends got engaged recently so wanting to slim for their weddings and hopefully the fella will pop the question at some point, feel free to add :)
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 26, getting married Jan 2017, want to lose 4 or 5st. Started back on MFP last Monday, on 1200cals a day. Stopped drinking Coke and eating white bread, pasta and rice so I'm hoping this will make a massive difference, although not seen it in this first week :s good luck girls!

I am getting married in September 2017.
    I have 4 stone to lose.

My advice to you is don't eliminate anything that you will go back to eating after you have lost weight and don't necessarily start at 1200 calories.
    Go on to www.fitnessfrog.com and use the TDEE calculator then deduct 500 - 750 calories for 1- 1.5lb a week.
    This will give you an ideal of a manageable weight loss without deprivation.

I have lost 10lb in November and I haven't cut anything out.

• purpledoll173
    purpledoll173 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Getting married in May. Just don't want my fiance to feel like he's a ship sailing towards a huge iceberg as I walk down the aisle.
  • caaaath
    caaaath Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello wedding peoples! I'm getting married but no date set yet, probably spring 2017.

I'd like to lose 3 stone before the big day, whenever it is. My long term goal is to lose 5 stone.

Happy wedding planning!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies.
    I'm 45 and getting married in October of this year (for the first time!) and I have 40lb to lose. I'm currently weighing in at 175lb and would like to be 135lb. I had a rough three years with both my parents passing away after chronic illness and now I want to get my own life and health back in order. I have a lovely supportive partner and two smashing dogs. I'm new here and would love some friends. :smile:
  • danielssmith
    danielssmith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's not just the ladies who do this, I'm getting married in April, will have lost 60lb by then. Started last April.
    Take it steady, get into the habit of exercise, I've stopped eating sugar but only after 6 months of dieting and at that point it felt like a good thing to do.

• Aymzc
    Aymzc Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm 29 and getting married 0n 31st March 2017, I am looking to lose around 2 stone. I already have my dress but at the mo it will need taking in a bit around the bust but currently fits around tum/legs/hips but the dress is gorgeous and had to get it! I am hoping it to succeed again with my weight loss. Happy to accept friend requests always looking for some support from others.