Introduce Yourself

Options
YoYonce
YoYonce Posts: 10 Member
Please introduce yourself here. Let everyone know why you joined MFP and what your goals are!

Replies

• samanthastavitz
    samanthastavitz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Samantha. I'm 30 years old and I started off new years day at 321lbs.
    My highest weight was 378lbs. In 2014 I got down to 239lbs on the banana diet, but after I got off of it I didn't work at maintaining the work I had done and was going through a rough patch in life and things went to mush.
    I'm currently 312lbs, doing a daily burn (True Beginner) work out once a day, and I've transitioned back into a vegan lifestyle.

I know I have a lot of weight to lose again, and I'm trying, but I'm just going to take it one day at a time.

Looking for friends and support :3
  • YoYonce
    Options
    Hi Samantha!

I've basically been doing the yoyo thing with my dieting and weight loss. I'm hoping that this time will be different. I'm currently at 301 and about to start working out with ten minute trainer and work my way up to some more vigorous stuff.

Good luck on your journey!
  • carla_hazel
    carla_hazel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI, My name is Carla. I am 51 years old and I am starting at 318. I am going to do a low carb. This is the highest weight I have been. My goal is to lose 100 pounds this year. I am beginning to walk and I have ordered CIZE and will start that when it comes it. I like to dance so hoping that will keep me moving. I am looking for friends and support.
  • YoYonce
    Options
    Hello Carla,

Welcome to the group! You and I have similar goals, hopefully we can work together to reach them!
  • CampLondon
    CampLondon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is David. I am 27 and I started 2015 at nearly 340 lbs. Today I am at 275-280 lbs.
    I hit my weight loss peak in the summer and gained 10 lbs back. Last fall was different i started 50 lb weight loss challenge to end with the football season. I started at 300 lbs and usually lost 1 pound each week. Although after thanksgiving I once again have peaked. I will not reach my goal by Feb. 6 but I have lost half of what I wanted to.
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tina, 43 always been that big girl.. but just wanting that skinny healthy girl to come out. Ok maybe more the healthy. Heaviest ive ever been and currently sitting around that 300 marked :( I lost close to 30 lbs last year then winter hit and I just kinda gave up, got tired from being so good food wise and thought I could eat what I liked. But now I've passed what was my tipping point and know I need to sort it now. So heres to 2016 and getting into the 200...
  • YoYonce
    Options
    Hello Carla,

Welcome to the group! You and I have similar goals, hopefully we can work together to reach them!
  • YoYonce
    Options
    Hi Tina! I went through a similar situation. I also lost about 30 pounds and ended up gaining about half of it back. Hopefully this year we can turn it around!
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Not hopefully. . We will :smiley:
  • Aellyn
    Aellyn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Angel. I'm 45 and weigh 219 pounds - my heaviest. I've done weight watchers and MFP and lost 30 pounds at least 2 or 3 times. I restarted watching what I eat and how much I move this week. This time I want it to be for good. My joints need it to be for good too!
  • CampLondon
    Options
    I created a group called Fantasy Weight Loss College Tournament. I would like to have 7 people join. The winner that loses the most % of body weight would go up against the other winner. Meanwhile the runner-up would go against the other runner-up. I would like to start February 15. Maybe until the end of march.
  • CampLondon
    Options
    forget it i deleted the group
  • ConnieMari
    ConnieMari Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Connie and I weigh 374. I'm turning 24 in July and my goal before my birthday is to weigh 350. My ultimate goal is 150-160 and I have a long way to go. This is the heaviest I have been since having my baby last October. Pre-pregnancy my weight was 280 and with some medical complications and baby weight I gained 90lbs. Can't wait to get back on track and I look forward to meeting everyone!
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    Hi everyone... I'm 281 after having just lost 14 this past month through my efforts with MFP. I have psoriatic arthritis and yesterday was diagnosed with fibro, which explains a lot for me. Workouts are a challenge and I usually have to go in 5 min. intervals as my knees and hips are killing me but I figure that's 5 min. of productivity. I do my best to encourage others through this process and firmly believe that you need to make this your life style and not as a diet... those never work. Feel free to add me if you need encouragement/support.
  • mandyavery1
    mandyavery1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Mandy and I am 41 next week , I started this at 305. I just lost a few pounds and am starting at 287. I am buying a fit bit and going to do dancing workout 3 times a week and then walk at least 2 times a week and do some squats and strength excercise. Need some friends to help hold me accountable. Want to be healthier and change my eating habits too.
  • MamaDS16
    MamaDS16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm Dianna, I've been in the 300's since I was in my mid-twenties. I am currently 37 years old. My highest weight (Jan 2016) was 371. I had a medical scare that put things in perspective for me. I'm participating in a Medical Weight Management program with a VERY restrictive diet. I've lost 22.5 since Feb 1, 2016. I participated in the same MWM program in 2011 and lost 60 lbs in 12 weeks, then the program was over and I had an emergency appendectomy...then my Mom/Best-Friend got sick and I was her caregiver for 3 years...she passed away two years ago (March 13, 2014) and I'm still trying to define my new normal.

I suffer from emotional eating, binge eating, and sneaking food. I am really excited to join this group and hope to move forward with all of you toward a healthy lifestyle!
  • sahenderso
    sahenderso Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Sandy and I started 6 weeks ago I weight in at my greatest weight, 364. Today, I am 345. My goal is lose 144 pounds by this time by April 2016. I am 58 and I want to be maintaining comfortably at 185 when I turn 60 in April 2018. I need all the support I can get.
  • cschof18
    cschof18 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Carly. I am 25 and currently weigh 308. This is the absolute highest I have ever been, and it makes me sad. But I am excited to get back on the wagon. My ultimate goal is 180, but would like to lose 100 right now :) Eating less and moving more is my plan!
  • MarjorieStevens
    MarjorieStevens Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Marjorie. 31 yr old married mother of 1, and a step daughter. My highest was 385 back in 2013. I've used MFP off and on but this time I'm here to stay. My current goal is just 300. From there I'll start a new goal. I know I will never be skinny but I want to be healthier and have the option for more clothes and cheaper clothes. My family and friends are supportive, sorta. I have started hiding my food because people here can't eat with moderation. I can't afford that! Anyone feel free to add me, the more support the better!
  • tracyann1983
    tracyann1983 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Tracy I am 366 pounds and I'm going on my honeymoon in December. I really want to look at least decent in a bathing suit and have enough energy to explore the island.