Sherlock Christmas Special (second showing 1/10/16 on PBS if you missed it)

Options
modestashegets
modestashegets Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
What did everyone think? There were so many one liners that killed me. The "Elementary, my dear Watson" literally brought tears to my eyes.

Replies

• Iggy585
    Iggy585 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have to set my PVR to record this as I missed the original showing. Thanks so much for the rerun info!
  • modestashegets
    modestashegets Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Iggy585 wrote: »
    I have to set my PVR to record this as I missed the original showing. Thanks so much for the rerun info!

It was also in theaters this week (in the U.S., not sure where you are) so that may be another option.

• Iggy585
    Options
    It was also in theaters this week (in the U.S., not sure where you are) so that may be another option.

I'm in Canada but I believe we had it in theaters as well. Not really an option for me with a crazy 4 year old but I can wait a few days.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly I found it extremely boring :(
  • Iggy585
    Options
    You can't have Sherlock and boring in the same sentence ... :(
    Although I didn't like the 3rd season much to be honest
  • Francl27
    Options
    Iggy585 wrote: »
    You can't have Sherlock and boring in the same sentence ... :(
    Although I didn't like the 3rd season much to be honest

I absolutely loved the wedding episode. Not sure why this one was so boring to me.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I just loved what they did with Mycroft. I almost gagged at the plum puddings though.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I just loved what they did with Mycroft. I almost gagged at the plum puddings though.

Lol that was so gross.
  • MaraOfNaamah
    MaraOfNaamah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am currently watching it, and oh my goodness... Mycroft... I can't handle this...
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I didn't like it. I think the beauty of the programme is in the modern setting and the characters that they portray so well are the 21st century versions. I really felt like it was an entirely different show and they were playing it very differently (Andrew Scott aside, who didn't seem to get the memo, but was incredible as always)
  • Iggy585
    Options
    I loved it.

While the show is a modern take on the stories I thought it was really clever for them to do a "classic" Sherlock Holmes episode.

When I first heard of the show I was deeply offended(I'm a huge fan of the original stories by Doyle). Obviously the show blew me away and there's plenty of respectful tributes and references to the original works as well
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it. In case you missed it, the PBS website has it online for free for a limited time
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/episode/sherlock-the-abominable-bride/
  • MaraOfNaamah
    MaraOfNaamah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I didn't like it. I think the beauty of the programme is in the modern setting and the characters that they portray so well are the 21st century versions. I really felt like it was an entirely different show and they were playing it very differently (Andrew Scott aside, who didn't seem to get the memo, but was incredible as always)

I enjoyed it but I definitely agree that I prefer the modern setting and characters. I wasn't in love like I usually am with Sherlock. The tie in is what I liked most about it. They had their fun, and did a special, but they didn't just leave it there, which I appreciated.
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm a loser! I didn't realize there was another season! I almost fell over when I saw this topic!