Options
2»

Replies

• cobwebel
    cobwebel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    got2rockit wrote: »
    cobwebel wrote: »
    I just finished the Betty Rocker 30-Day Challenge (did it in 35 days). It's great and free and there are all sorts of mods that can be done, and also it can be done at home without equipment, which rules.
    http://makefatcrychallenge.com/

I just started this on sunday. So far so good!!

Awesome!!! I finished it and purchased the 90 Day Challenge, loving it so far.
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My average week looks something like this:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: C210K runs, Wii Fit (30 mins)
    Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Swimming (increasing laps like the running challenge), Wii Fit (30 mins)
    Sunday: Whatever I want. At least check my weight in Wii Fit. Everything else is optional.

I also have two different strength exercise routines that I do on a three day cycle (SE1, SE2, Rest, SE1, SE2, Rest, etc...) These have to be done even if it is Sunday. I also bike or walk everywhere as I do not have a vehicle or bus pass. I use stairs when applicable.
  • ashafraz
    ashafraz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Oh how I wish I could exercise. I started walking each day 5minutes from home and back & that was all I could handle. Now built it up to 25 mins each way and its getting easier. Also started seeing an exercise physiologist for strength & muscles using weights which also makes me sweat. Cannot peddle on a bike as my calves are too bulky and will not let my legs bend high enough, even with the bike where you peddle in front of you. But it will happen.

Dreaming of joining this thread. BTW I really don't like exercising or sweating at all. Hope that changes when its less painful

You are exercising! Just because you're not hitting the gym 5 days a week or running 3 miles a day doesn't mean you're not exercising. You may be going slow, but you are lapping everyone sitting on their couch doing nothing. It's not how fast you get there, it's all about going. You can do this!
  • ashafraz
    ashafraz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to go to the gym 3 days a week. I usually ride the bike for 5-6 miles, walk for a mile or so and do some weight machines in between. The holidays are rough though! My schedule is super busy so I don't get to go 3 times a week like I want to, but I'm going as often as I can!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    rjan91 wrote: »

I've asked for a Fitbit Charge HR for Christmas, to help keep track of small improvements to my overall fitness level.

You will love your Fitbit Charge HR. You will wonder how you did it without it. I'd be lost without mine.

Oooh. I'm hoping to get one too.

As for me, it's 90 minutes of yoga once a week, two 1 hour kickboxing sessions a week, a one hour run [distance varies] one a week, and I walk/take public transport everywhere.

I think as long as your body is moving it's all good exercise.
  • razzle973
    razzle973 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Love reading people's fitness patterns, it gives me ideas on what to try next!

I just got started again and was a very low fitness level so these are my habits right now:

- low impact cardio (20 min) from YouTube 3x per week
    - Walk 10k steps daily
    - Couch to 5k runs 3x per week
    - Basic strength training/calisthenics 3x per week

I'm looking forward to increasing the intensity and duration of these workouts when I get a little stronger!
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well, got some basic workout equipment for Christmas - 3 and 5lb weights, a fitness ball, yoga mat and some videos. Going to set up the "play room" today. It used to be my kids toy room but my youngest is 13 yrs old! I'm going to start doing videos 4-5 times per week and walk every day with my dog. Here we go!
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    walk /jog about 2 to 3 hours a day goal burn at least 1000 cals a day using fitness pal guide lines
  • redpanda10
    redpanda10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I get exercise every day walking my dog. I do a weights program at the gym 3 or 4 times a week (my doctor recommended strength training as I have osteopenia, precurser to osteoporosis) and about 30 mins on the eliptical. I also do yoga classes but they have stopped for now because of the holidays.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I LOVE yoga!!! I take classes at a local studio 2-3 times a week. Also, I have been walking - with my dog - 5 times a week for about a year now. I recently started going to my local recreation center for the elliptical.
  • LoriGarside
    LoriGarside Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I use a walker, but that doesn't stop me. I walk my dog 3 times a day, at least .9/mile a day. I shoot for three, but some days are better than others. I have also found many seated exercise videos (aerobics, yoga, strength training, and Tai Chi) and work out for 40 minutes every other day. I'm not letting my physical limitations stop me from getting as fit as I can. It's a slow process, but every step and bead of sweat is a victory!
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I use a walker, but that doesn't stop me. I walk my dog 3 times a day, at least .9/mile a day. I shoot for three, but some days are better than others. I have also found many seated exercise videos (aerobics, yoga, strength training, and Tai Chi) and work out for 40 minutes every other day. I'm not letting my physical limitations stop me from getting as fit as I can. It's a slow process, but every step and bead of sweat is a victory!

I love your attitude! You rock! :smiley:
  • dlmcgowan93
    dlmcgowan93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

You are AWESOME! I have right-side limitations from a stroke. I hope to be as dedicated.
  • ljredwood
    ljredwood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm doing C25K, boot camp, 30 Day Shred, kickboxing & elliptical/weights at the gym. Pretty much something different each day. Working out 5-6 days a week. Usually 1-2 of those days is 2x a day. 30 Day Shred this AM & walk/jog C25K in the PM today. Tomorrow morning is Tabata Boot Camp class. Hoping for hike or family bike ride Sunday AM. If not I'll go to the gym & do a family 30 Day shred. Depends on the weather. Loads of rain coming. I get bored easily & need to feel challenged & interested. Yoga classes aren't offered at a time that works for me. Any DVD/fitness blender yoga recommendations? Dang walk/jog 2-3 hours Margaret. That's awesome!!! How many miles are you covering. I'm only doing 20-30 minutes on my C25K, but I'd love to get up to an hour soon.
  • clippergear
    clippergear Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Got myself a recumbent bike for Christmas and also some beginning Tai Chi and Tai Chi Ball DVD's
  • got2rockit
    got2rockit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just started Betty Rockers 90 day transformation. Love her!
  • muziique
    muziique Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I take a lot of Zumba classes since I love to dance and my instructors keep the classes at high impact. I take Orange Theory classes every now and then too. They are intense classes but very good workouts. I use the elliptical if I'm not in a class and sometimes the rowing machine. I lift weights as well and recently started stepping that up more. I also take long walks with my dog. My goal this year is to be as active as I can and increase the variety of activities I do.