01/13 Day 289 Wednesday

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Morning, Everyone! Today we are going to have some homework!

Today's Challenge: Look up a health topic you are interested in and learn more about it

Post what you all learn!

Replies

• Tokye1
    Tokye1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of information out there about the right amount of calories to lose weight. Interesting. I've found to use a starting point that is commonly recommended and decrease 50 cal if you go 2 weeks or more with less than a half pound loss. We are all different. My metabolism is slow and that is OK.
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    This was great. I went to the science daily website and reviewed some articles, all very interesting. I train at a hospital, and sometimes I have to train on topics I know very little about (I am training on how to document in the computer, and not on medical knowledge thank goodness). I learned a lot about coronary artery bypass grafts, cholesterol, and complications from diabetes. Here is an interesting fact:

"Women with Type 2 diabetes are twice as likely to have coronary heart disease compared to men, and may also need more frequent and intense physical activity to lower their risk of having a heart attack or stroke, according to a new scientific statement."

Great challenge!
  • Auna37
    Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a really good thing to know! That's something that would seem to easily be overlooked and that's kinda scary. - meganepreston

You must have down a lot of research to figure all that out and you are right we are all different! Just make sure you 're not starving yourself because that won't help anything. -tokye1

I looked into several new studies that have been done. But The thing i learned about most was balance! I didn't know that our balance could deteriorate over time. I definitely need to work on it more just in case.
  • Tokye1
    Tokye1 Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Auna37 I'm hungry no starving here lol. I eat the max I can with averaging .5 or higher loss a week. It's turtle slow but as long as that's happening I change nothing. When I average less than that for 4 solid weeks. ..time to drop a little. Slow metabolism stinks but I'm only 5ft so that probably factors. I know I don't lose eating recommended calories for my weight. This is my biggest challenge. It's hard to find balance.