Replies

• JulieFowkesy
    JulieFowkesy Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Weighed in ☺☺
  • JulieFowkesy
    Options
    Ok so the challenge today is to plan your week and tell you all about it ☺ Well the plan is.... to walk 50% more than this week, do the dancing tomorrow, eat less processed food and no biscuits! Plus it's my friends wedding on Saturday next week
  • JulieFowkesy
    Options
    Ok so the challenge today is to plan your week and tell you all about it ☺ Well the plan is.... to walk 50% more than this week, do the dancing tomorrow, eat less processed food and no biscuits! Plus it's my friends wedding on Saturday next week

Meant to add that's she's been battling cancer and is one tough cookie!!!! It'll be a great day xx
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My plan for the week is to get 10000 steps Monday-Friday and either go to the gym or do an exercise video today and tomorrow. Goal for the week is 2lbs.
  • missyhill99
    missyhill99 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey team!

Goal for the week 2lb gone continue to eat within my calories and kick butt at the gym
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hey >:) Team: So excited to report that I lost 1.4 this week! It's the first sign of real loss I've had in years. Yay!

* * * PLAN FOR THE WEEK * * *
    Okay, here's the plan for the week. This week is a travel week for me (family trip to Oregon), so it's really important that I figure this out now. I want to focus on three clean meals a day and using fruit in between meals to manage appetite. Challenges include: no eating any airport sold or airplane distributed snacks; board plane (both directions) prepared with fruit snack; travel with my favorite teas; keep up my water intake each day; stay on my running program.
  • capturethememories
    capturethememories Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My first weigh in is tomorrow. I feel like I have done pretty good this week... we will see. I think my goals for the week will be to increase my steps. I have yet to be able to log 10000. I am pretty sure the nights I am house supervisor I get them in, but I don't always remember to bring my phone when I am running from unit to unit. in any event I want to see the count hit 10,000 this week. I already park at the far corner of the parking lot! I want to increase my water intake and I want to increase my exercise contribution!
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I've weighed in . Not well atm so I will try and be more active and vocal in the group next week.
  • capturethememories
    capturethememories Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So my weigh in was a little disappointing. I really thought I'd had a good week. But here is to having a new week to work through with a better loss! As for dancing... Hmmm. I a not much into the popular rock artists! Metal head here.., not sure how to dance to many Five Finger Death Punch songs, but maybe I'll have my 9 year old help me out with some popular songs and dances!
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Guys, I have Optimum's nutrition whey protein powder in vanilla flavor, because
    1) Here i get very less options of whey protein + flavors.
    2) I dont like the two other flavors its available in (chocolate and strawberry)

The problem is that i have started disliking this vanilla flavor as well, its way too sweet for me. O did i tell you guys that my sweet tooth never grew?

So there a couple of things that i tried with this protein powder, the only thing that i kinda liked(tiny amount of likeness) was with banana, can some one tell me any other recipes for why protein other than making shakes, i literally have started to pinch my nose before i drink mine and i try drinking it in one sip.

I hope everyone weighed in
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Guys, I have Optimum's nutrition whey protein powder in vanilla flavor, because
    1) Here i get very less options of whey protein + flavors.
    2) I dont like the two other flavors its available in (chocolate and strawberry)

The problem is that i have started disliking this vanilla flavor as well, its way too sweet for me. O did i tell you guys that my sweet tooth never grew?

So there a couple of things that i tried with this protein powder, the only thing that i kinda liked(tiny amount of likeness) was with banana, can some one tell me any other recipes for why protein other than making shakes, i literally have started to pinch my nose before i drink mine and i try drinking it in one sip.

I hope everyone weighed in
    I don't know that brand, but with vanilla there are some options. 1) have you tried mixing with diet orange pop to make an orange creamcicle? You will need a blender though because if you shake it, the carbonation will make it explode :). 2) only add a little bit of water to make it more like a thicker pudding than a Shake. I do this sometimes with my chocolate and add a little bit of peanut butter to it. 3) mix it with coffee. The mixing is kind of tricky, as you can't shake it because it will explode on you. You could use a blender or stir it a lot.

Those are the only ideas I have, sorry.

• night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I love these creamcicle idea, gotta try that.
    Also results are out
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10290040/results?new=1
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am on a new kick of "yay" I think for food planning. I now I have 5 meals in the fridge for this week and will be making at least 3 more at dinner (the ingredients are chopped, I am not sure how much it will make or how filling it will be). And I'm going to my husband's gym tomorrow after work. Though I still have to get a membership elsewhere since I can only use his gym 4 times a month.
    Sorry I've been quiet lately.

(Also, on a veeery random note... I'm watching a show on TV and they're building a steel framed building.. and not one person is wearing a hardhat and it's infuriating. Someone could die).
  • JulieFowkesy
    Options
    Evening all!

Hope you had a great day ☺☺
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey everyone >:) ! I'm a little off the radar because I'm on a family trip. Here was my breakfast. It was as healthy as I could manage on the go:

rtgerfzc7efx.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!
  • JulieFowkesy
    Options
    @everyone Breakfast was Oats and blueberries, pretty healthy ☺ Didn't get many steps in as had to finish a Job Application! But I am super motivated now, especially as I only featured on the top posters in team results
  • JulieFowkesy
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I am on a new kick of "yay" I think for food planning. I now I have 5 meals in the fridge for this week and will be making at least 3 more at dinner (the ingredients are chopped, I am not sure how much it will make or how filling it will be). And I'm going to my husband's gym tomorrow after work. Though I still have to get a membership elsewhere since I can only use his gym 4 times a month.

(Also, on a veeery random note... I'm watching a show on TV and they're building a steel framed building.. and not one person is wearing a hardhat and it's infuriating. Someone could die).

@VeryKatie I love food planning, it saves so much time and helps with not making unhealthy meals! Have fun at the gym and as for the show.... I'm with you, I would be hiding behind my hands if they had no hard hats on!

• JulieFowkesy
    Options
    13suzie wrote: »
    Hey everyone >:) ! I'm a little off the radar because I'm on a family trip. Here was my breakfast. It was as healthy as I could manage on the go:

rtgerfzc7efx.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

@13suzie breakfast looks good. Well done you for staying on track even on your family trip x
  • JulieFowkesy
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »

@VeryKatie meal prep is great and saves time for more walking! Might do some pre prep myself later!! Enjoy the gym, 4 times a month is still 4 times so don't knock yourself!

I'd have hid behind my hands at that programme, I can see why it made you cross!!
  • JulieFowkesy
    Options
    I love these creamcicle idea, gotta try that.
    Also results are out
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10290040/results?new=1

@night_watcher what's a creamcicle?
This discussion has been closed.