1200 cal per day meal plans

Options
leecha2014
leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
Hey everyone! Looking to simplify my meal plans and keep within the 1200 cal limit, please share :smiley:

Replies

• Sperkleh
    Sperkleh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm looking for the same, specifically low fat though, turns out I've never lost weight in my time as a vegan because I overdose on the fats, healthy fats, but fat is still fat.

I've found a really good blog called 'oh she glows' online and the recipes are really good and tasty
  • Mercurialhens
    Mercurialhens Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In case you don't know that one yet - there's this super lovely cook book by Isa Chandra Moskowitz called "Appetite for Destruction" that focuses on low fat vegan fare. It's lovely, ridiculously tasty and most recipes are fairly simple.
  • leecha2014
    Options
    Thank you! I love Isa and don't have this book.
  • kia_runs
    kia_runs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
    Cookie and Kate
    Minimalist Baker
  • linda513
    linda513 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I downloaded Appetite for Reduction last week and have made two things already, which were delicious and easy to make. Isa Chandra Moskowitz is one of my favorite vegan cookbook authors. Thank you for the recommendation!
  • bluemaine1212
    bluemaine1212 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Happy Herbivore has 1200 calorie meal plans low fat, soy free and gluten free options and also quite a few cookbooks. Great recipes and includes grocery list and batch cooking prep plan.
  • LifeNewandImproved
    LifeNewandImproved Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to around 1200 cals most days and do my best to eat a plant based diet (though I fail sometimes but I do try). I also try to top 100g of protein each day. You can add me if you want.

Every day I try to
    1) Drink a protein shake, I buy 70% pea and 30% rice protein powder from truenutrition.com (Not getting anything from them just saying - I use them because I can do a custom mix with custom flavors). I usually use water or almond milk, and yes I use splenda/sucralose, I know that's controversial, hopefully someday I can either wean myself off of it or have the calories available to use actual sugar but I'm not there yet.
    2) Eat another high protein meal. My personal goal is to have 1g of protein per 10 calories. So I eat a lot of homemade bread (I add extra gluten), edamame, tofu, seitan (not much lately), boca products.
    3) I have been trying to eat more fruits and veg for calorie bang for buck so I do try to eat some veg most days
    4) I find I can't make my goal if I drink any calories so I do my best not to.
    5) Eat a high fat meal or snack. I do it for 2 reasons: 1) if I don't I find my fat intake to be shockingly low (less than 20g per day) and we all do need some fat and 2) it kills my hunger really effectively for a few hours. I usually eat 1/2 or a full avocado with taco seasoning or just salt, straight out of the peel, or lately I've been experimenting with almonds, the jury is still out on if that is effective or not, not sure.

You'll find your own little rules and tricks to make it work for you :) Good luck
  • leecha2014
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Mazirene
    Mazirene Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am also doing 1200, if interested, we can become friends to share food diaries for some ideas?