Weekly Weigh In 1/17

Options
istarith
istarith Posts: 71 Member
Psyche!!

I'd love to post my weight, but I have an entire day of work to do before I can -- I timed things pretty badly this morning! However, do go on ahead and post your own; I'll catch up this evening! :smiley:

Replies

• curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Week 1: n/a
    Week 2: 181.8
    Week 3: 179.0

Total loss this challenge: -2.8

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • jailyn3
    jailyn3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 190lbs
    Week 1: 188.8 (-1.2lbs)
    Week 2: 187.3 (-1.5lbs)
    Week 3: 185.3 (-2.0lbs)

Total Loss: 4.7lbs

Good luck everyone!
  • KoshVorlon
    KoshVorlon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My original starting date of Oct 1, 2015
    10/1/15: 290
    12/30/15: 272 (-18)
    1/1/16: 270.4 (-19.6)
    1/6/16: 269.2 (20.8) [1.2 lbs so far this week...]
    1/10/16: 268.2 (21.8) [2.2 lbs for the week!]
    1/17/16: 267.2 (22.8) [1.0 lb for the week :-( ]

Well, I am back to where I was just before Christmas at 267.2. Although I am glad my weight is going in the right direction, I seem to be a bit stalled. My daily intake of calories is around 1350-1400 as charted within MFP. Given my size, I would have thought this calorie amount would be sufficient to steadily shed pounds rapidly. Silly me. I will HAVE to find a way to get more steps on my fit bit. I will make it a point to park as far away from where ever I am going to drastically increase my walking. My new friends all appear to be doing well and I am happy to see their progress. I will not give up!! 180 here I come!!!

Does anyone use diet supplements with any success? I haven't tried any and do not want to with anything that has caffeine or any kind of stimulant that can interfere with sleep or make me jittery...
  • istarith
    Options
    Starting Weight: 193lbs

Week 1: 192.8 (-.2lbs)
    Week 2: 190.5 (-2.3lbs)
    Week 3: 191.7 (+1.2lbs)

Total loss: -1.3lbs

Boooo, I gained!! My weight has stuck at 191.7 (almost to the nose) all week, and it's sort of driving me crazy. I guess my body has just decided to stay here at this weight right now... :/

Welp, my plan is going to go back to basics: sweet potatoes, chicken, boiled eggs, good leafy greens and the like, and NO CHEATING! No skipping runs, no handfuls of such-and-such, and NO going over my calorie limit for the rest of the month! It's HAPPENING. I HAVE to lose this weight; I'm STARING into the eyeballs of the 180's, and I'm too close to ruin it now!

@KoshVorlon You are doing GREAT, man! I mean okay so what, you gained a pound (look around; you're in good company!!); don't give up! As for the diet supplements, I regret to say that I have tried "Slim Quick Pure" (it's for women). I regret even more that it DID seem to do something, but the something that it did wasn't really "losing weight," per se. It's more like a caffeinated water pill mixed with a hunger suppressant - you pretty much pee out anything liquid, and your body keeps telling you it doesn't want food though you have tons of energy. They're not bad for you, but they're not good for you. Most "diet supplements" on the market are mixtures of caffeine and other reasonable sounding things like "acai extract" and "green tea infused." Snake oil, man. I truly believe that you wont hurt yourself taking any of it that's at least FDA approved, but there's a reason people aren't clambering over themselves to buy bottles of them, either. Your best bet is to change the nutrient intake in your diet! Try making vegetables the main focus of your meals, with side dishes of meats; replace all cursory beverages with water. That weight WILL come off, it just needs some coaxing! :)
  • a1bowins
    a1bowins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 216
    Week 1: 216
    Week 2: 213.4
    Week 3: 214.8

Challenge loss: 1.2 :(

GW: 150

Not happy. But I am working out a lot more than I have in a long time and I am starting to notice very small differences. Such as I can do a push up now (on my knees) and for the first time I think ever I can do more than one! So it is those little things that are keeping me going.
  • KoshVorlon
    KoshVorlon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    istarith wrote: »
    Starting Weight: 193lbs

Week 1: 192.8 (-.2lbs)
    Week 2: 190.5 (-2.3lbs)
    Week 3: 191.7 (+1.2lbs)

Total loss: -1.3lbs

Boooo, I gained!! My weight has stuck at 191.7 (almost to the nose) all week, and it's sort of driving me crazy. I guess my body has just decided to stay here at this weight right now... :/

Welp, my plan is going to go back to basics: sweet potatoes, chicken, boiled eggs, good leafy greens and the like, and NO CHEATING! No skipping runs, no handfuls of such-and-such, and NO going over my calorie limit for the rest of the month! It's HAPPENING. I HAVE to lose this weight; I'm STARING into the eyeballs of the 180's, and I'm too close to ruin it now!

@KoshVorlon You are doing GREAT, man! I mean okay so what, you gained a pound (look around; you're in good company!!); don't give up! As for the diet supplements, I regret to say that I have tried "Slim Quick Pure" (it's for women). I regret even more that it DID seem to do something, but the something that it did wasn't really "losing weight," per se. It's more like a caffeinated water pill mixed with a hunger suppressant - you pretty much pee out anything liquid, and your body keeps telling you it doesn't want food though you have tons of energy. They're not bad for you, but they're not good for you. Most "diet supplements" on the market are mixtures of caffeine and other reasonable sounding things like "acai extract" and "green tea infused." Snake oil, man. I truly believe that you wont hurt yourself taking any of it that's at least FDA approved, but there's a reason people aren't clambering over themselves to buy bottles of them, either. Your best bet is to change the nutrient intake in your diet! Try making vegetables the main focus of your meals, with side dishes of meats; replace all cursory beverages with water. That weight WILL come off, it just needs some coaxing! :)

@istarith Good advice and comments. Thanks! I reckon there is no quick fix for any of us!
  • stephharding
    stephharding Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 172 lbs
    Week 1: 166 lbs
    Week 2: 163 lbs
    Week 3: 164 lbs
    Goal: 135lbs

Went up this week, but I had a cheat day on Sat, so hopefully I'll get back on track this week!
  • ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've Bren a little behind during this (posting wise) but I've been staying on track! I wasn't able to weigh myself yesterday morning but I did today! :)

Starting challenge weight: 180.4
    This week: 178.8

• kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    ultimate Starting Weight: 330
    Challenge Starting Weight 282.6
    Week 1: 282.6
    Week2: 281
    Week3: 279.8
    Ultimate Goal Weight 180
  • itstime2016
    itstime2016 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 230 (12/21/15)
    Week 1: 226.8
    Week 2: 223.4
    Week 3: 224
    Total Loss: 6
    goal 175!

No weight loss this week. Weird because I even started exercising regularly. Oh well, trust the process and just keep swimming....
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Challenge Starting Weight 204.9
    Week 1: 203.1 (-1.8)
    Week 2: 200.5 (-2.6)
    Week 3: 200.5 (-0)

Total Loss 4.4

I didn't lose any weight this week. I've been nursing a cold and sore throat and it is TOM. I usually run nearly every morning. This week I only ran once and did a dvd workout twice. Gonna have to join a gym as we are supposed to get more than 2 feet of snow starting this afternoon.
  • istarith
    Options
    @ForMe2No I'm sorry you're feeling so disheartened... :( But you've been SICK! I mean my God, woman, how are you supposed to get better if you're insisting your body hit the treadmill? :wink: If you make yourself better, your body can do all the extra work of losing weight because it'll be strong! Lol - that said, I hope you feel better quickly, I know this is getting to you... Besides, MY GOD, you're almost in ONEderland!!!! How exciting!!!! I hope next week goes better for you!!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @istarith thank you Sarah! My cold and sore throat is much better but the Blizzard has kept me in the house this week so I have done some DVDs. Missing my morning runs though. I'm joining a gym after work today