January 16-31

Options
bbinoa
bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
Wow, the month is half over...keep it up! :)

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    1/16/16 - green - 15/26
    Streak: 5
    Exercise: Yes - 5/16

I made it to the gym finally. Saturday yoga classes are taught by a rotation of all the teachers except Kelley, who works her real job on Saturdays. Mary is my least favorite instructor and today was her turn. I struggled through her class because she has a totally different breathing rhythm than I do.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    1/16
    Green!!

Decided to rejoin a gym today. I still have the fitness center at my work, but work has been really stressful and staying even a minute extra there has NOT been on my list of things to do. I missed having a gym for the weekends too, so back I go! I'm trying a Planet Fitness out. Only $10/month so I figured why not. I was kind of pleasantly surprised that the one I joined had free weights, some smith machines and an area with a bunch of cross fit type stuff! I wasn't expecting that given their "no lunk" policy.

@Laughter_Girl, I just finished a knit hat tonight! It only took a few hours. Now I have to find something else to work on. I noticed I don't snack at night though if I knit, so bonus!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    1-16
    Green: No
    Green Goal: 12/27
    Exercise: Yes
    Exercise Goal: 12/20

I'll have to eat right for the remaining of the month in order for me to meet this month's Green goal. I have no choice but to do it. I suspect I'll be doing a ton of exercising for the next couple of weeks to give me those much needed extra calories. :)

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Glad you made it back to the gym, but I'm sorry about that instructor. That always makes a class feel longer than it really is.

@bbinoa Congrats on the hat! You're on a roll. Keep knitting. If it's keep your hands occupied than it's definitely worth it.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

16th: ✔️
    Green: Yes, 11/25
    Exercise - No, not a sceduled exercise day -3/12
    Steps - Yes, slowly picking up the pace , 7/16

@bbinoa - well done on the hat. New project - some charity shops in the uk accept knitted baby clothes for disaster areas - they are small, can be uncomplicated and speedy to construct. A good way to build up to a full sized pullover.
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins - fab that you made it back to the gym - I empathise with the instructor issue. I eventually gave up a class that I enjoyed because, eventually, the instructor put me off.
    @Laughter_Girl - you're right, we're going to have to work at it, but we CAN hit that target . . . . the extra exercise won't do us any harm. LOL
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    bbinoa wrote: »
    1/16
    Green!!

Decided to rejoin a gym today. I still have the fitness center at my work, but work has been really stressful and staying even a minute extra there has NOT been on my list of things to do. I missed having a gym for the weekends too, so back I go! I'm trying a Planet Fitness out. Only $10/month so I figured why not. I was kind of pleasantly surprised that the one I joined had free weights, some smith machines and an area with a bunch of cross fit type stuff! I wasn't expecting that given their "no lunk" policy.

@Laughter_Girl, I just finished a knit hat tonight! It only took a few hours. Now I have to find something else to work on. I noticed I don't snack at night though if I knit, so bonus!!

Make more hats and give them to a homeless shelter. And of course you snack when you knit; Who wants chip.grease on their knitting? And I personally would forget where I am in the pattern. (I do cross stitch instead of knitting when I have time on my hands.)
  • k80flec
    Options
    16: ✔️, 17: ✔️ (a Chevy),

exercise.png

17th: ✔️
    Green: Yes, - a Chevy, 12/25
    Exercise - No, not a sceduled exercise day -3/12
    Steps - another good day , 9/17
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    January 15 & 16, 2016
    Goal 26 of 31
    Green today? Yes 16/25
    Streak 16
    Exercise goal 16
    Exercise today? Yes 10/16

Got out snowshoeing yesterday and today. Beautiful and the fresh air felt amazing. Going to a show with hubby and some friends tonight. Not sure what the food options will be so my streak may come to an end…
  • bbinoa
    Options
    1/17
    Green and exercise! Woohoo! I've forgotten what my goal was and where I am so just going day by day now :)

Tried out the new gym, I like it! Seems to have what I need, plus a few pieces of equipment I haven't seen for a while.

Last winter, there were a few people who would hang up hats, scarves etc on trees with instructions to take it if you need it. I thought it was pretty neat. It's probably a great way to work on a few projects w leftover yarn, too. I'm not quite that proficient tet, so I'll keep practicing in the meantime. I have a goal of making a sweater.
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins, my husband used to do cross stitch too. This was before we met, so I never got to witness it. He's an ex college football lineman, so the image is priceless! He said he stitched up football helmets of NFL teams. Lol.
  • k80flec
    Options

exercise.png

18: ✔️
    Green: Yes, - 13/25 (dare I write it . . . a streak of 10)
    Exercise - Yes, Pilates AND Strength Training 4/12
    Steps - Yes, 9/18
  • bbinoa
    Options
    1/18
    Green and exercise! Great workout at the gym!!

Plus, NSV... I made 2 different kinds of cookies plus muffins today (it's cold and I love how it warms up the house ), but I only had 2 cookies total! My normal intake is more like 2 off each cookie sheet coming out of the oven! :p seriously! I'm also NOT eating the ice cream in the freezer which for me, is like french fries to you @Laughter_Girl! !
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    1-17 & 1-18
    Green: Yes & Yes (Chevy)
    Green Goal: 14/27
    Exercise: Yes & No (recovering from yesterday's workout)
    Exercise Goal: 13/20

@bbinoa Good for you! It's amazing what we can actually control. Also, I like ice cream almost just as much as French fries. I don't keep it in the house. Ha, ha, ha, ha. If it's greasy, salty, cheesy, or sweet, I probably have a small addiction to it. :D
  • k80flec
    Options

exercise.png

19th: ✔️
    Green: Yes, - 14/25
    Exercise - No, non exercise day 4/12 - unless of course you count looking after my 13 mth old grandson!
    Steps - Yes, 10/19

• bbinoa
    Options
    1/19
    Green and exercise

@k80flec, yes, keeping up with a 13 mo.old is most definitely exercise! !!!

@Laughter_Girl, your list of food addictions is pretty much mine. We could do some damage.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    1/20
    Green w. Exercise.

Gym was a madhouse tonight! I'm still getting used to the new place and this was a terrible time to go!! Don't know if it's always like that, or its really packed w the New Years resolution crowd. We're expecting a big storm this weekend too so I'm not sure if people were fitting in a last workout or what. Ugh. Actually had to wait for stuff. Crazy!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    1/17 -19 green (one Chevy)
    1/20 - I have no idea because I didn't log after breakfast. I didn't go nuts, but I'll call it red to be safe. 18/26
    Streak: 8
    Exercise: No. I have bronchitis again. I've been huffing my rescue inhaler instead of exercising. I'll see my doctor this afternoon. 5/16

I have 4" of snow. More coming tomorrow and I have the January blahs.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    1-19, 1-20 & 1-21
    Green: Yes, Yes & Yes
    Green Goal: 17/27
    Exercise: No, Yes & Yes
    Exercise Goal: 15/20

@k80flec Running after a 13 month old certainly has to count for some type of exercise.
    @bbinoa You and me together would be dangerous when it comes to food. Ha, ha, ha, ha. Hopefully, the crowd at the gym will wither down. Like you, I hate waiting for machines too. It's annoying. Also, stay dry this weekend, and stock up on groceries.
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Feel better soon. Once you start feeling a little better, hopefully, your January blahs will come to an end.

• bbinoa
    Options
    1/21
    Green
    No exercise, but I've done pretty well with the greens this week! Yea!! I've also stayed out of the ice cream containers woohoo! Lol!!

I'm in PA where the storm is supposed to hit, so I'm guessing tomorrow will be spent inside, watching it snow. Gym time will not be happening! I did get some yarn to work on my next project, a poncho type thing. My foot has been bothering me again so some time off it is good. I get my surgery scheduled next week, so will know more about that soon.
  • k80flec
    Options

exercise.png

19th: ✔️; 20th: ✔️; 21st: ✔️; 22nd: ✔️
    Green: Yes, - 19/25
    Exercise - Yes - Pilates and Strength training; No - I arrived too late after having a senior moment; Yes - I'm counting my 13 mth old grandsons swim class - I was in the water with him, doing squats continuously for 30 mins carrying a 25.4 lb load!! Yes - strength trading (but not a class) Class total - 5/12
    Steps - Yes, 14/22

I ran last night with a running club - they are about to start a supported C25k and I'm doing the class. I've not ran for about 18 mths - since I damaged both lots of Achilles. My SO is terrified that I'll end up in pain. BUT I think if I do get an injury I shall take it as a message that running is not for me.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    1-22
    Green: Yes
    Green Goal: 18/27
    Exercise: No
    Exercise Goal: 15/20

Well, if I keep on like I'm going, I'll be able to meet both of my goals for the month. Woohoo!

@bbinoa So proud of you for fighting off that ice cream. That's quite an accomplishment!
    @k80flec Hoping you will be able to enjoy running again while staying injury free.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1/21 - red
    1/22 & 23 - green. 20/26
    Streak: 2
    Exercise: No, yes 6/16 walking the dog in the snow is definitely exercise.

Started prednisone yesterday. 5 day cycle. Surprisingly am not starving today, which is a measure of how sick I actually am. But I didn't feel worse after walking the dog, so there is that.

@bbinoa - I ended up with 8" of snow total with some ice in the middle. How about you?