Your Workout Today

Options
PamOliva
PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
Here's a place to announce what you "plan" or "did" do today to move your body. From my own experience when I make a plan public I almost always get it done. Brag on yourself, maintain your plan and/or inspire someone else. It ALL counts.

Replies

• RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG6WVOlETjw&index=24&list=PLRCgg2aTq5NVPEhnAOVZ4uwupapg-XIJn
    Today I did this one for the second time. It's easy but in the end, you can feel your whole body burning (if you're in a bad shape like me, of course).
    I didn't plan on doing it. My husband got a call from his company to go to work because they have an emergency situation, the baby fell asleep and I found myself lazing around. Thought I have to try on my new sneakers and it happened naturally. :)
    Making your plans/actions public always works for me , too.
  • micheles234
    micheles234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Not really a "workout" but I aim for at least 30 minutes walking or jogging on treadmill daily. This week I'm in a mon-fri fitbit challenge with some friends to see who can get the most steps.
  • provon
    provon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did an Orange theory class in the morning and a Zumba class in the afternoon. Almost 20,000 steps!
  • PamOliva
    Options
    Today I did yoga as a warm-up and then a weight-based workout. I'm trying to get my workout done in the morning when I feel a little fresher. It's a better start to the day.
  • PamOliva
    Options
    provon wrote: »
    Yesterday I did an Orange theory class in the morning and a Zumba class in the afternoon. Almost 20,000 steps!

How do you like Orange Theory Nichole? I don't know anything about it but like the name. Sounds like you had a really great day!

~Pam
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a lot of yoga :). I didn't realize how tense I was sitting and studying all day. My body is so much happier and it also helps me calm down when I am really stressed.
  • provon
    Options
    PamOliva wrote: »
    provon wrote: »

How do you like Orange Theory Nichole? I don't know anything about it but like the name. Sounds like you had a really great day!

~Pam

Yes, Pam, Orange theory is a lot of fun. Very challenging one hour group class that is about half weight room and half treadmill. It is a chain. Lots of them around the country.
  • provon
    Options
    Today I did a one hour group cross fit type class, burpees, sprints, goblet squats etc. in the afternoon I went on a three mile walk. Love having time for double work outs on weekends.
  • provon
    Options
    Ok, so my fun Fitbit total over 3 exercise sessions today was 117 active minutes and 19,000 steps. Too bad I don't have time for that during the work week.
  • PamOliva
    Options
    I just restarted the one-year fitness program I took last year (Precision Nutrition) so I'm back in the groove with my workouts -- 4 this past week, plus intervals today and I'm on an 8-day streak with doing my little yoga routine. This program keeps me SO motivated.
  • provon
    Options
    PamOliva wrote: »
    I just restarted the one-year fitness program I took last year (Precision Nutrition) so I'm back in the groove with my workouts -- 4 this past week, plus intervals today and I'm on an 8-day streak with doing my little yoga routine. This program keeps me SO motivated.

Good job Pam. That is great consistency.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Completed 2 weeks of ICF 5x5 (dumbbell version). I tried to add another 30 min of warm up/ cool down for lifting days for the past week and it seems to be a good way to increase my caloric allowance (since calorie burn for those days won't be as high). Today is the start of another 2-week routine and the first day I'm mentally back from my "menses break" (lol). Hopefully I can get some progress before running out of heavy weights for dumbbells...
  • provon
    Options
    We do tag team Tuesday group workout at my gym on Tuesdays. Super intense, burpees, sand bag runs, kettle bell swings. I was in a team with two guys who kept me hopping! I also walked for 30 minutes
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    60 minutes on the elliptical.
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    60 minutes elliptical. I did P90x - the first 2 videos, but I need to lose 15-20 more pounds before I seriously do P90x!! Right now I am all about cardio. I try to powerlift on the major exercises once a week, ex, squats, bench, back- but if I have the energy after cardio!
  • provon
    Options
    Walked 30 minutes at lunch outside and another 30 before dinner at home on the treadmill.
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My husband and I work out together most days of the week. I do 15-30 minutes on my stationary bike and then work my legs, and and arms using a combination of my body weight and hand weights. Tonight I worked with weights for 30 minutes toning my abs, legs, butt, and arms then did 15 min on the bike.
  • mcspeight
    mcspeight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Today I'm in the middle of three 12 hour night shifts (ugh!)....but I decided I'd try a new cardio workout on the treadmill. ...I did a 5 min warm up at 3mph and 0%incline....then every 30 sec I'd increase the incline by 0.5% until I reached the max 10% incline.....then I'd decrease the incline by 0.5% every 30 seconds until I was back down to level ground at 0%...I honestly don't think I sweated so much in my life!
  • provon
    Options
    Walked 30 minutes at lunch then did a one hour orange theory class after work with my 16 year old daughter. Love working out with her and setting a good example.
  • mcspeight
    mcspeight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    30 min upper body strength training and 30 cardio on treadmill