Hair

Alioth
Alioth Posts: 571 Member
Are you ladies doing hair up or hair down? What about your bridesmaids? What sort of styles do you favor? Are you doing anything special to keep your hair healthy while you tone up/slim down for your wedding?

Replies

• samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Hair down and curly. Bridesmaids are all choosing their own styles. I've been using a lot more conditioner, but that's about it! What about you?
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    I did up because I felt it was more formal and I didn't want it to move! I did braids going into a sort of bun. My bridesmaids also had updos but they were slightly different than mine..2 with side buns, one with a different centered bun. I got my hair trimmed a few days before the wedding and tried not to flat iron much over the last year.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    I'm trying to grow my hair out to at least shoulder length after getting it cut super short and right now it's a struggle because its at that awkward phase-UGH! I was gonna keep it short and look into fun head pieces but then found out my Fiancé had a preference for my hair when it was all one length at my shoulders...
    So I've been taking biotin along with my other vitamins, getting it trimmed up every 5-6 weeks, and trying to keep the products and heat to a minimum.

@CostaRica120 your hair looks FABULOUS in the pictures!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    I don't really have a clue what to do with my hair. I was thinking I wanted at least some down since my fiance had said he preferred it longer, but may want it all up to keep it off my neck (July wedding). I have kind of fine hair so I just want something that won't have it looking all scraggly by the end of the evening. I guess I'm paying more attention to putting some protectant on if I'm blow drying or styling (which I don't do very often anyway). Hadn't thought much about it.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    my hair is also at an awkward length, as my hairdresser said to grow it a bit so we can do a nice up do
  • Alioth
    Oh good. I'm not alone trying to grow my hair longer. Hooray! I hope it goes well for everyone. Agreed on avoiding the flatiron. But it's really hard to step away from heat tools. :( Is the biotin helping? I just take a multivitamin. My bridesmaids asked me about how I wanted their hairdos. I told them I was anti-baldness because I have no idea what I want. I am undecided as to do up, or down to the side curled. My hair is really frizzy curly and wants to become an afro most days. Haha.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Alioth wrote: »
    My bridesmaids asked me about how I wanted their hairdos. I told them I was anti-baldness

LOL. Liz, I might steal this response the next time one of my bridesmaids asks me about hair.
  • MsMarlaJean
    @brisingr86 I think I would like some up and some down as well, but I guess it really depends on how long it gets by next September.

@Alioth I don't have a preference for my bridesmaids either, I think I'll let them decide however they want to do their hair, although none of them has mentioned it or asked yet...LOL! Maybe they know that's what I'll say! HA!
    Also, I honestly am not sure if the biotin is working, maybe it's too soon to tell, my hair naturally grows pretty fast so my first instinct is to say yes it's working for length, but not so much for new growth :smile: which is another reason I am trying to steer clear of products and heat although because I had to cancel my last hair coloring appointment my roots are atrocious right now and so I've been wearing hats a LOT, not sure if that's good or bad for the hair. My hairdresser was out of town and can be really hard to get in to see and my next appointment isn't until the 28th unless she has any cancellations (keeping my fingers crossed) so I'm going a bit nuts right now with my hair and I'm hoping I don't do anything drastic until I see her again! :lol:

• samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    I'd be keen to see pictures of all of your hair trials! Having real dilemmas just now - don't want it up as it doesn't suit me, worried about a messy look with it down and don't want to cover up the back of the dress! Options are to cut it to shoulder lenth, have it all to once side or go fo half up half down. I never thought I'd care so much about hair styles!
  • Alioth
    Ok. I got some biotin now. It was buy one get one free at CVS. Good luck with the coloring! I am on the fence with whether to add chamomile tea to my conditioner and hair oil for the next few months. It adds a nice golden glow to hair, but if I bleach/dye it before the wedding, I don't know how it will affect the outcome.

sam>>I'm with you with not wanting to cover the back of the dress. If you figure out what you want, let me know too. >__<;
  • MsMarlaJean
    @Alioth I hope the biotin works for you! I haven't heard of the chamomile tea before.

I really wish my hair were going to be longer now that I have a dress that doesn't cover the top half of my back, I'm still going to look into adding sleeves or a shrug of some sort, or maybe even temporary extensions??? :lol:
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    I always think this is kind of a fun story. I had my hair long and I was looking at all of these beautiful updos and then settled that I wanted to wear my hair down and maybe lightly curled/beach waves. I had my pinterest board filled (and created a pinterest account just for the wedding). Then a year before the wedding almost to the day I chopped it ALLL off and got a pixie cut! I wasn't sure what I was going to do for the wedding.

By the time the wedding got closer I didn't know what I wanted to do. At this point my hair was a little shorter than shoulder length and I decided to do finger waves (I think there is a photo of it in my pictures) and I looooved it! I never thought I would be happier with short hair with finger waves than long hair up or down. I really lucked into it and was so happy :).

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    I'm going to have to do my hair and make up myself as we'll be in the middle of nowhere in Italy!! I've started a pinterest board and have fallen in love with a lot of Gemma Arterton's hair and make up looks.

I'm thinking of going to the bobbi brown counter and getting them to show me how to do the make up and then just buy all the products. I love MAC but i think it might be a bit heavy.