Time Management

Options
PamOliva
PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
OK friends, gimme your best tips for how you manage your time and stay organized.

I am not naturally great at this and want to use my time more wisely and efficiently. I know we all have only 24 hours a day and sleep is a good thing. How do you find balance between work, home life, self-care, etc.?

I keep calendars and to-do lists but the day seems to end before the list gets done. I'm sure I'm not alone here but hoping some of you are time mgt ninjas who can share some secrets.

Replies

• provon
    provon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I first wake up, I take a few minutes to lie in bed and review my plan for meals that day and exercise. I often pre cook food on Sunday's to help during the week. I just put a pumpkin soup in the crock pot.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    for meals I pre-plan 3-4 meals when I grocery shop and then on Sunday I often pre-prep those meals. so they are started and just need some finish cooking. Like if I want a beef stew I will cook the beef for an hour, peel and cup up the carrots put those in a container ect. When I go to cook it I add the cut up veggies peal some potatoes and let it all simmer together. No one thinks it is a left over because I finished it that night. I also plan crock pot meals the same way. I pack lunches with dinner left overs so hubby just has to grab it in the morning and go
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It's all been a trial and error to figure out how to find time to workout, eat right and take care of house, family and work. What a crazy balance!
    I find what works for me is:
    Food: make a salad for 5-6 days a week ahead of time on Sundays ( they keep), prep plan all my meals for the week as well, we bbq some meat that i use for protien, cut up and divide fruits.
    It's a lot of micro managing of meals but if I don't do it, I never eat enough protein, which has been the key to my success. Obviously life gets in the way so you need to be flexible.
    Workouts: I always have my gym bag packed and ready. Music all charged up. I workout before work so the night before I get all my stuff (work bag, lunch, gym bag) ready so that after I get a quick bite in an and get my son ready for school I go off to the gym.
    I recently changed up my routine and only workout on set days. I have 2 planned rest days that I can count on to get things done or make an appt.
    I've done the food thing for 1 1/2 years and it works. My husband has loved the salads I make for us. Dinner is his only Meal he needs to worry about. He found a healthy breakfast he eats everyday.
  • PamOliva
    PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    lavrn03 wrote: »
    It's all been a trial and error to figure out how to find time to workout, eat right and take care of house, family and work. What a crazy balance!
    I find what works for me is:
    Food: make a salad for 5-6 days a week ahead of time on Sundays ( they keep), prep plan all my meals for the week as well, we bbq some meat that i use for protien, cut up and divide fruits.
    It's a lot of micro managing of meals but if I don't do it, I never eat enough protein, which has been the key to my success. Obviously life gets in the way so you need to be flexible.
    Workouts: I always have my gym bag packed and ready. Music all charged up. I workout before work so the night before I get all my stuff (work bag, lunch, gym bag) ready so that after I get a quick bite in an and get my son ready for school I go off to the gym.
    I recently changed up my routine and only workout on set days. I have 2 planned rest days that I can count on to get things done or make an appt.
    I've done the food thing for 1 1/2 years and it works. My husband has loved the salads I make for us. Dinner is his only Meal he needs to worry about. He found a healthy breakfast he eats everyday.

LAVRN --You are super woman & super organized!! Very inspiring and great way to stick with a routine. Cheers!

~Pam