NSVs! Post your Non-Scale Victories Here!

Options
124»

Replies

• MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    doctor reduced my metformin (diabetic med.) and told me soon i will be off it
  • dlmcgowan93
    dlmcgowan93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I went to a HS basketball game and did not buy the popcorn! That's a BIG deal for me...I love popcorn
  • cpw2109
    cpw2109 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I got back into a pair of trousers for work. Woo hoo!

I also need to wear a belt for them as they're getting baggy! Woo hoo again!
  • bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support, dlmcgowan. And yes, setting priorities and choosing what we focus on is a big part of it.
  • cheloldroyd
    cheloldroyd Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for some new clothes as going on a hen party next week and fit into size 12 (UK) skinny jeans :smiley:
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I didn't quit! I'm at day 100 with MFP!!!! Going strong!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I made it back to MFP in December after needing to step away for several months for things beyond my control and stay in maintenance. I've been feeling down about how much more I could have lost by now if events hadn't happened and basically feeling big. Today I allowed my daughter to take a couple pictures of me playing with my dog in the snow/mostly ice. I was shocked that I look a lot smaller than I feel. Still long way to go but I'm glad I got the reminder I am part of the way there no matter the delays. And I went down another size.
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I found a bunch of seated exercise videos that allow me to work out safely, without stressing my back, knees, or hips. I've lost 1 inch in my bust, waist, hips, arms, and legs, since September! As someone physically limited, this is a major victory!

I would love it if you would share those exercises. I have to be very careful with my back and hips, too!
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    So many great accomplishments here! Kudos to all of you!

The other day at work a young 20-something lab tech did a double take when he looked at me, whistled and said he didn't recognixe me at first. Then he told me I was beautiful! It made this 63 year old grandma smile all night! :)
  • AmazonMayan
    Options
    Happiness is finally altering my favorite jeans by putting on 2 darts totalling a 4 inch adjustment. ...then realizing it's not enough and adding 2 more darts for a grand total of 8 inches. B)

Funny story - wore these jeans yesterday to walk my dog and we had to cut it very short because my pants were about falling to my knees. It was comical lol
  • missroseseeshertoes
    Options
    Wedding ring is not a tourniquet around my finger anymore
  • kmanrique321
    kmanrique321 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I bought some pants in my old size (4x) & had to exchange them for a size down. I wore the 3x the other day & they are so big, I think I can go down to a 2x. (I never try them on in the store! Too awful!) Also, I think I need to adjust the steering wheel in the truck. I've got it tilted all the way up. I set my sunglasses case on my lap & lean it against the wheel but now, there's too much space- it slips through! My fist fits between my gut & the wheel now!! Kinda nice to feel smaller.
  • bluenoser38
    Options
    The steering wheel tilt is such a great NSV - it's so concrete. You know you're getting smaller when the physical gap between you and the steering wheel is getting bigger.

Way to go!
  • Brin1956
    Brin1956 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this belongs here or not, but I think it is a victory, so here it goes. It has been a really tough week. I accepted a promotion at work on a trial basis, and the difference in stress and workload between a middle management position and an executive position is enormous. My son's best friend was diagnosed with lymphoma this week; they are both in the ninth grade and have been best buds since kindergarten. My heart just bleeds, and I cannot help it, or change it or make it better. And top of this, today my husband told me that I am frumpy and unattractive and he no longer finds me desirable. It's been a lot to take in.

If there was ever a time when I needed to crawl under the covers with a carton of ice cream and just give up, this would be it. But I did my exercises (yoga and walking), and I ate within my calorie allowance, and I did not give up.

I think that is a victory, as the easy days are easy. The hard days aren't, and sticking with it on the hard days is the difference between quitting and moving forward.

Congratulations on the promotion and I hope it is for more than the trail basis. We always worry about our skills but I'm sure you are up for it. Doesn't matter what your husband thinks you are doing this for you. You really need a support group. Start doing things for you and not for others. So sorry to hear about your son's friend. The good news is now that he has been diagnosed he can get help. People are living a long time with Lymphoma.
  • kelsicox
    kelsicox Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My NS victory is my jeans...I went from a 20 to a 16! I even bought a 15/16 on the non plus size at Maurices!
  • AmazonMayan
    Options
    I put on my favorite concert t-shirt (pat benatar) and it's loose on me! When I got it 2 years ago I got the largest they had (3x) and it was tiny and tight. I normally had no issues with a 3x other than things being short waisted or weird sleeves. Now what is probably actually a true 1x is big on me :blush: I've haven't been wearing it because I didn't want to ruin it by stretching it out but now woohoo.
  • bluenoser38
    Options
    Thanks for the support, Brin. Since posting, my husband has left me (terminated our 20 year marriage, but hasn't physically moved out of the house yet, though he's gone most weekends). It's been three weeks; I'm still walking, doing yoga and eating within my MFP calorie limit. Valentine's Day was hard, but the sun still came up the next day.

I finished a 13 week cycle of DDP Yoga today, and I was really proud of myself for hitting that milestone. And I've been doing little things to take care of me; I'm going to a workshop next week called "Bouncing Back - The Power of Resiliency".

My son is feeling more hopeful about his friend. It was an early diagnosis, and you're right that cancer treatment has progressed a lot. I think he's feeling a little punch drunk with everything happening at once, but we're working on coping skills and trying to have fun.