Welcome!

Options
kelCshea
kelCshea Posts: 16 Member
Welcome to our new Vegan group for MFP!

My name is Kelsey, I'm 29 and I live in the Dallas, TX metro.
I have been vegetarian for a year and I am transitioning to vegan.

Feel free to invite anyone who is vegan or thinking about becoming vegan! Share about yourselves and your stories!

Replies

• jenandroxie
    jenandroxie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Been veg over 30 years. Recently transitioning to vegan too. Need to lose lots weight. Feeling sick from dairy!
  • katiemckinley13
    katiemckinley13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Hope you're well! I was vegetarian for a year and transitioned to being vegan in August! I'm a Rutgers student from south Jersey and I'm still learning how to adjust to the lifestyle! Sharing recipes, tips, and product recommendations would be great! I'll do so as well when I'm able.
  • buzz28camaro
    buzz28camaro Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My wife and I went vegan overnight back in July 2013 and haven't looked back. Lost quite a bit of weight at first, but it has stalled recently as I started eating a lot of vegan junk/convenience foods. Trying to get back on track in 2016 and lose some more weight! Feel free to add me if you'd like; I keep my food diary open to friends.
  • LycheePea
    LycheePea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been vegetarian for a year and vegan for 7 months now. I'm loving it and I've been preparing a lot of my meals since I can't simply get a pizza from the freezer anymore (vegan ones are too expensive.)
    I would love to lose 10 pounds or at the very least maintain my current weight since I like desserts a bit too much :smile:
  • wooooly123
    wooooly123 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Jess. Was vegetarian 2 years, and transitioned to veganism June last year. Wanna lose about 21lbs & improve fitness. Looking to make new friends (especially vegan ones) as I've started back on mfp and don't have many friends on my feed.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    wooooly123 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm Jess. Was vegetarian 2 years, and transitioned to veganism June last year. Wanna lose about 21lbs & improve fitness. Looking to make new friends (especially vegan ones) as I've started back on mfp and don't have many friends on my feed.
    Feel free to add me :)

Not sure if you noticed but this is pretty much a dead group.

If you haven't already joined, consider this one:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

It's much more active.

• Yvette711
    Yvette711 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been a vegan for about 8 months now. My health as improved and losing weight.
  • Plantbase2020
    Plantbase2020 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello been vegan for 3 year's and still enjoy the journey.