Getting multiple calorie adjustments per day

Options
segacs
segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
Fitbit's sync has been off for me the past few days. It keeps giving me multiple calorie adjustments per day, and they add up to way off from what the actual adjustment should be. It doesn't seem to resolve itself overnight, either, as this goes back a few days. Is anyone else getting the same bug?

Replies

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I've been getting it on and off for a few weeks or more now. Sometimes I have one correct adjustment and then 1 or more "0" adjustments, sometimes I have 1 or more duplicates of my proper adjustment so that my actual adjustment is 2 or 3 times what it should be, sometimes I have multiple positive adjustments and then a negative offsetting adjustment so that the net is correct, and sometimes I have multiple different positive adjustments and one seems correct and the others are whackadoo. But mostly I have just one and it's correct, though I honestly don't think I've ever had NONE of them be correct in some fashion, as long as sync was in general working as expected.

I haven't asked either customer service team about it; I probably should have but honestly that's just so frustrating sometimes that it's easier to just double check it if it seems too high towards the end of the day (I've had a Fitbit for over 3.5 years now; I've generally got a pretty good sense of what ballpark I should be in based on how my day went - not everyone has that experience, of course) and delete the offending adjustments.
  • segacs
    Options
    I'm still having this problem. I can go delete the offending entries, but it keeps happening and it's defeating the whole purpose of syncing.

@BarbieAS or anyone else still having the same issue, could you please log a bug report with MFP tech support? I think they'll take it more seriously if they see multiple people reporting it.
  • debramanley06
    debramanley06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just me! My Fitbit Surge is a bit finicky - doesn't do all of the things it did when I first purchased, I assumed this was just another thing that has gone wrong.
  • BarbieAS
    Options
    Mine has actually been good for the last week or two. I'll definitely report it the next time it happens, though (I think that they probably will need to actually see the issue occurring in order to be able to fix it).
  • segacs
    Options
    Tech support actually got back to me, and asked me to disconnect and reconnect my apps. I did that. And for a day or so I thought it was going to be okay. But now the same problem is happening again.

This is driving me nuts. I might just disconnect them altogether and adjust manually, since I'm pretty much having to do that anyway.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    mine synced wrong, then didn't sync, then synced correctly. I'm so confused.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    edited January 2016
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Tech support actually got back to me, and asked me to disconnect and reconnect my apps. I did that. And for a day or so I thought it was going to be okay. But now the same problem is happening again.

This is driving me nuts. I might just disconnect them altogether and adjust manually, since I'm pretty much having to do that anyway.
    yeah connecting them may be more of a headache than it's worth. my question is do the other HR monitor companies have this issue. I've seen polar adjustments and they look frequent and accurate but I wouldn't know. I'm rather frustrated as a new user.
  • BarbieAS
    Options

What do you mean when you say it synced wrong? Your adjustment will change throughout the day depending on how much activity you have so far, and that's normal and correct.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »

What do you mean when you say it synced wrong? Your adjustment will change throughout the day depending on how much activity you have so far, and that's normal and correct.

it synced w/o calorie adjustment that was reflected in exercise. I had to then manually put in the exercise.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit calorie adjustment is NOT exercise calories.
    And Fitbit exercise calories are NOT put on MFP as a workout.

Please read the FAQ in the stickies, it's probably working exactly right.
  • segacs
    Options
    Who are you responding to? @Iknewyouweretrouble ? Or me?

I know how the syncing is supposed to work, thanks very much. I also know that what I'm experiencing is a bug, not a feature.

• heybales
    Options
    Sorry, @iknewyouweretrouble post before mine.

I know you know your stuff.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    heybales wrote: »

they seem way off from actual adjustment should be as in OP.
  • heybales
    Options
    heybales wrote: »

they seem way off from actual adjustment should be as in OP.

That Fitbit and adjustment has nothing to do with exercise you may or may not have done - hence the need to read the FAQ.

It's not the same as issue being talked about.
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am having same problems with multiple adjustments, usually the additionals show zero. I delete the irrelevant adjustments. bigger issue is MFP and FITBIT aren't syncing timely.
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    here's an MFP help desk answer documentating a technique on how to FORCE FitBit exercise adjustment: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/16126206-my-fitness-pal-not-syncing-with-fitbit
  • Oceantech
    Oceantech Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm having the same weird issue with the Surge. It just started 2 days ago. My cal burned keeps changing between 108 and 208 each time I refresh the page. I'm just having to look at the fitbit site to truly understand my total burn for the day. I hope they fix this soon.
  • segacs
    Options
    After weeks of back and forth with MFP tech support, sending screenshots and jumping through hoops, I finally FINALLY got the following response today:
    I had our integrations team take a look at the issue, and it looks like there's a bug in the system for a few different users. We are now aware of the problem, and are currently working on a resolution. We hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may cause until then. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Warm Regards,

Jacen
    MyFitnessPal Staff

Let's hope that now that they're aware of the bug, there might be a fix for it soon.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    After weeks of back and forth with MFP tech support, sending screenshots and jumping through hoops, I finally FINALLY got the following response today:
    I had our integrations team take a look at the issue, and it looks like there's a bug in the system for a few different users. We are now aware of the problem, and are currently working on a resolution. We hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may cause until then. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Warm Regards,

Jacen
    MyFitnessPal Staff

Let's hope that now that they're aware of the bug, there might be a fix for it soon.

I referred the staff to this page. Hope they get the problem tired of the canned responses.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    this has been happening with my exercise calories today...

a few minutes ago it was 106, then i looked on the community thread came back and it shot up to 1466, just flicked around again and it has gone to 121, then 1486, then 128 and finally 1453 it really is doing my head in changing all the time.

Is this what has been happening to others?