Macros

bes268
bes268 Posts: 4 Member
Does anyone have any protein source recommendations?! Always looks for something other than protein powder or lean meat!

Replies

• tavarcat
    tavarcat Posts: 5 Member
    I've been doing the quest bars and eggs to add on to my protein, along with the powders. Try to mix it up here and there.
  • tavarcat
    You can also do beans, peas, and nuts!
  • bes268
    Thank you!!! Haha I definitely needed to mix it up I've been having chicken like twice a day
  • tavarcat
    Oh I know I'm struggling myself- if you like tuna do that as well, ground turkey is good too!
  • Mollyaweiandt
    Mollyaweiandt Posts: 2 Member
    I am mostly vegetarian myself. I have a 5 month old daughter and my husband is overseas so it is pretty difficult to find time to cook meat all day. No actual lifestyle reason why I don't eat meat. I eat eggs, egg whites, no cow bars (found at gnc, vitamin shoppe or amazon) I prefer the raspberry truffle flavor or the peanut butter chocolate chip, quest bars, protein powder, ezekial bread (found in most freezer sections), no stir organic peanut butter, buff bake peanut butters (I prefer white chocolate or red velvet) ---has only 4g sugar!! sold at vitamin shoppe, ground turkey, garbanzo beans canned & just head them up on the stove, cashews, mamachia chia seeds (on top of salad), hemp hearts (shelled hemp seeds) I buy mine at the vitamin shoppe, cheese on top of my eggs sometimes, keifer probiotic I add to my protein shakes with peanut butter and a frozen banana (I get the unflavored kind because it has significantly less sugar), low sugar greek yogurts (I put chia seed or hemp hearts on top), granola with as low sugar as possible, just great stuff organic peanut butter powder has 4 g protein and 1.5 g fat, spinach and kale salads, cottage cheese, beef jerky, protein plus noodles by barilla (10g protein per serving. 7 servings per container!). Those are my ideas off the top of my head.
  • bes268
    Wow thank you so much!!!! That's a lot of suggestions I appreciate it a lot :) can't wait to try these out!