Small victories

Options
provon
provon Posts: 86 Member
I have felt so much more authentic this past week sine being back on track. Love to share recipe ideas. Got my nurse trying some new things. Feels so much better to be a role model than to feel like a fraud some of the time.

Replies

• PamOliva
    PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have been out of town so not eating the best but I stuck with my routine of 3 meals a day without snacking and did some sort of activity each day -- yoga, lots of walking or lots of stairs. We were in Las Vegas where the meal portions are HUGE so my husband and I cut our meals in half and gave the leftovers to one of the numerous homeless people who hang out on the strip.
  • provon
    Options
    That is a great and caring solution. Good job staying on track out of town!
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Cooked dessert, measured a super small portion of 170 calories but only ate half of it (like 2-3 spoonfuls) and decided to use the other calories on salad with cottage cheese and chicken. Same calories, more benefits :)
  • provon
    Options
    Cooked dessert, measured a super small portion of 170 calories but only ate half of it (like 2-3 spoonfuls) and decided to use the other calories on salad with cottage cheese and chicken. Same calories, more benefits :)

Way to make a great choice for yourself
  • provon
    Options
    Went to a work meeting tonight and bypassed the cheese, crackers and cookies. Just had some tea and waited for my yummy chicken salad dinner at home
  • provon
    Options
    Today I decided to skip the scale (trying to wait a week) and try on stuff in my closet instead. I found several pairs of pants that fit great now that I wasn't wearing. So much nicer to have more options for work clothes. I am buying a new pair of running shoes at my next mini goal of 165 which will hopefully be in the next 2 weeks
  • PamOliva
    PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    provon wrote: »
    Today I decided to skip the scale (trying to wait a week) and try on stuff in my closet instead. I found several pairs of pants that fit great now that I wasn't wearing. So much nicer to have more options for work clothes. I am buying a new pair of running shoes at my next mini goal of 165 which will hopefully be in the next 2 weeks

Woohoo!! That's wonderful news Nicole! Great non-scale victory.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Finally motivated my SO (or "made him") to start strength training again! He's the type who has narrow range of food preference (aka picky) and would lose weight easily. He said he used to be ripped at the time we met but has lost his motivation to do go back to that physique since moving to this tiny town (and thus he's a bit on the skinny-fat side of scale). We have pretty much the same stats (he's just a little bit taller and heavier than me), so we were both a little bit afraid that he'll be smaller than me one day if I continue my weight-lifting routine while he just jog twice per week.

This past week, we kind of exercised around the same period of time everyday without excuses. The weather was bad, but no reason to do nothing since we have some basic stuffs at home. I've always love to do things together but haven't found a good, long-term activity lately. Guess we're on a good start...! :blush:
  • provon
    Options
    Finally motivated my SO (or "made him") to start strength training again! He's the type who has narrow range of food preference (aka picky) and would lose weight easily. He said he used to be ripped at the time we met but has lost his motivation to do go back to that physique since moving to this tiny town (and thus he's a bit on the skinny-fat side of scale). We have pretty much the same stats (he's just a little bit taller and heavier than me), so we were both a little bit afraid that he'll be smaller than me one day if I continue my weight-lifting routine while he just jog twice per week.

This past week, we kind of exercised around the same period of time everyday without excuses. The weather was bad, but no reason to do nothing since we have some basic stuffs at home. I've always love to do things together but haven't found a good, long-term activity lately. Guess we're on a good start...! :blush:

That is great. The best I can usually do is get my sweetie to walk with me.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    provon wrote: »

That is great. The best I can usually do is get my sweetie to walk with me.

Whatever they agree to do with us is a good thing to start with! :smile: