Chat and Accoutnability 17-23 Jan

Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
Happy Sunday Folks Hope all is well with all of you. Nasty bit o wind this morning Wx advisory til 2PM in my area.

Not sure how we got posting in a two week old thread but just in case here is pic of some of my paintings this weekend I've been playing with watercolors on the cards for my Happiness Project . Enjoy

v2dtzut1lvdr.jpg

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Here are some more from today,
    ir7avmzwbn8d.jpg
  • AngelaLastname
    AngelaLastname Posts: 41 Member
    Hmr those are amazing!!!! The mountain scene is just beautiful though I love all the colours in the birds too!

• Hmrjmr1
    Happy Tuesday Folks! Thanks Angela. Hope all is well with all of you.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Rockin the week away. Work Hard Have Fun but above all B B) !
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Hi Angela :smile: I love the mountain scene too HJ! Awesomeness!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Morning everybody. Happy Thursday.
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    Morning HJ. I have an interview today for my personal training internship. If I get it, I'll be working with adults with disabilities and chronic medical conditions. It's in an academic setting so my mentors will be like mini-professors. Wish me luck!!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Good Evening Folks.
    Amy- Hope it all went well I know once you start you'll do well with your training. The greater the challenge the better victory feels.

Got my Blood work done today, 9 tubes and a cup o Pee. Should have all results back in time to discuss them with my Doc this time on Feb 11 for the VA doc and still have an MRI and Dexxa scan to do and discuss with my Kidney Doc on Feb 18. Been feeling pretty good so not looking for any glitches on the blood tests though you never know til you know.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Happy Friday Folks! I can feel another great day in the making. Go on, you can do it!- Dare to Begin!
  • AngelaLastname
    Hey Friday ! How did the interview go Amy?

Look forward to hearing about your results Hmr!

I have a question for anyone out there... and that's what other questions can I ask myself so I can realize WHY I'm having trouble sticking to things? Doing this 21 day challenge to get moving (nothing too serious) but the last 3 days I haven't done the workout and don't feel like it :S I just want to figure out WHY I'm self sabotaging... any insight is welcome!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Angela - Some folks Fear success more than they do the problem they are trying to fix. You can get pretty comfortable with a long term issue like weight management. Challenges etc may not be your cup of tea. You might consider just challenging yourself daily to eat healthy and move more than yesterday. With the only goal being I want to feel good today. When you confront yourself with the choice, Do I exercise today or not? Literally hold out your hands palms up and weigh the mental benefit of each choice. Then take ownership of it, don't beat yourself over it and above all feel no guilt or remorse. Tomorrow is a new day filled with opportunities to excel.
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    Hi Angela, the interview went great, I got the internship! I'll be shadowing kinesiotherapists and grad students, training clients with disabilities. I'm also going to do fundraising and community outreach work. I can't wait to get started! Your question about self-sabotaging is such a good one. For me personally, fitness is my lifestyle, I know how great I feel after I workout, I have arthritis and working out is my medicine, it keeps my symptoms at bay. I actually like working out...not all the time of course but a lot of the time...I just love to move. With all that intrinsic motivation, I still miss workouts! After you asked the self-sabotage question I thought about why, and in my case it's partly because I'm a perfectionist. I set up the ultimate workout in my head, which is hard and takes a long time, so I get exhausted before I even start! What works for me on days when I'm particularly perfectionistic/compulsive/overwhelmed, or days I feel too tired, I tell myself I'm just going to put my workout clothes on and do 5 minutes of walking outside or on the treadmill. That works like a charm because usually all I need is the motivation to start! Another thing for me is, like everyone else, a lot of my time is spent doing things I don't feel like doing that I have to do, and working out used to be on that list. We all want more me-time! What is me-time for you? Mine is hanging out with my boyfriend, friends, and family, taking a bubble bath, seeing a movie, beading a necklace, going to the beach, etc. When I realized that working out is really me-time, that helped my motivation a lot. I started buying cute new gym clothes more often and looked forward to wearing them. I love putting together new workout song playlists, listening to music or podcasts while I workout is another thing that makes it feel like me-time. Oh, another thing...is the workout something you think you'll enjoy doing long term? The best workout is the one you'll keep going back to. Maybe trying something different, that you might enjoy more, will help to keep you coming back.
    HJ let us know about your labs. I'm interested to hear what your kidney doc says in February. What are you doing for diet/nutrition these days?
  • Hmrjmr1
    Happy Saturday Folks. South of the Blizzard so all is well here.
    Congrats Amy doing that kind of work is a part of what I do in Recreation Therapy. I am our strength and conditioning trainer/coach for our adaptive and golden age games athletes. The challenges are many but the rewards and inspiration are huge. You're gonna love it.

Am helping t a fundraising event tonight. It's called the Great Escape 5K. I'm manning the finish line. The run is an Obstacle run that starts with you in a POW camp where you have to break out, follow the 5K obstacle course, with 'guards' chasing you and yep it's in the dark. Similar and more friendly version of the SERE (Survival Evasion Resistance Escape) Training I had in the Army. We are raising funds to replace homes for two Vietnam Vets who fell on hard times for a long time and eventually their mobile homes were condemned. This will be a big step forward towards our goal.

Well, work hard have fun but above all B B)
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    *WOW* HJ, that sounds like an amazing time for all involved. I hope the fundraiser goes well above expectations and the two Vietnam Vets get housing ASAP. My heart goes out to them.
  • AngelaLastname
    Amy congratulations on the internship!!! Yay!!! Sounds like rewarding and fulfilling work :)

Hope you had a great time on the fundraiser Hmr sounds like a fun time!

Thank you both for the insights. I'm going to jot down some notes and tackle my brain :)