• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    1-23
    Green: Yes
    Green Goal: 19/27
    Exercise: No
    Exercise Goal: 15/20

I did a lot of walking today, but I didn't officially exercise. It's on days like this that I wish I had another fitness tracker other than my Polar HRM, which I only use when exercising. I'm considering a Garmin, but I'm still shopping around. I really want to try a wrist something instead of a chest strap. Any recommendations?

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I guess 8" isn't terrible, but the ice in the middle is probably more of a problem. When I hear of other states getting slammed with all this snow/ice, it makes me thankful for living in Michigan right now. Hang in there.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @Laughter_Girl 8" is pretty terrible anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon line. Town is pretty well cleaned up, but if there is 8" on the ground in town, there's 12 in the mountains around us. I have co-workers who won't be into work until at least Wednesday.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

23: ✔️, (a Chevy)
    Green: Yes, - 20/25 (streak of 14!)
    Exercise - No - not a scheduled exercise day 5/12
    Steps - Yes, 14/23

I hope you're coping well in the cold and snow. I can't begin to imagine 8" of snow falling in a short period of time.
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Fell of the planet this week. Got pulled into a project at work last minute and that wa stressful. My husband was traveling for work, daughter had drivers Ed every night and had stuff to do for the two meets we had this weekend. It all got done and I kept up with tracking but no exercise. I have no idea where I am with my goals so I'll start up again in February!
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    1/22, 1/23, 1/24
    red, green, green

Holy snowballs! We ended up with about 31" of snow. That was over a 24 hour period. Absolutely crazy!! It broke our record. Where I am in PA (right outside Harrisburg) we actually don't get THAT much snow. A lot of winters it's just a bit here and there. It definitely shut things down. My neighborhood had one or two sad little plowings. My car won't get through it. I am at work, courtesy of my husband and his AWD SUV. I needed a break from the kids ;)

@Laughter_Girl I just got a Polar A300, which I really like except w/o the chest strap on, me shoveling snow for over 3 hrs yesterday equated to almost no calories burned on that thing (trust me, I dug out 2 cars, I know I burned some calories!!!). I had a Misfit flash before. It was okay- had some issues w/the straps breaking though. If I were going to get something else, it would be the Garmin Vivofit 2. They have some great looking replacement straps for them too. I wanted something that functioned as a watch and activity tracker.

@jenthibert - welcome back! I have no idea where I am this month goal wise either, so I'm just trying for greens!

@MelissaPhippsFeagins - hope you're feeling better! I'm thinking 8 inches of snow sounds wonderful... LOL!!

@k80flec - how was running? Feel ok? It's been just 2 mos for me w/no running (really nothing of any impact) and I miss it!!
  • k80flec
    Options

exercise.png

23rd: ✔️, (a Chevy); 24th: ✔️ (a Chevy); 25th: ✔️
    Green: Yes, - 20/25 (streak of 17)
    Exercise - No - not a scheduled exercise day, No - not a scheduled exercise day; Yes - Pilates class AND strength training (YaY) 6/12
    Steps - Yes; Yes; Yes - 16/25

OMW - 31" of snow is beyond my comprehension.

@bbinoa - first run was gentle and without issues. Although I have been aware that my right leg - the one that keeps developing injuries does need some extra stretching. I'm looking forward to session 2 on Thursday! I do enjoy running - it's fab for clearing the head and for inducing good honest sweat (like shovelling snow !!)

'Keeping it Green' has really helped to keep me on track this month - Thank You!!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    1/25
    very, very red!
    I was hungry for nachos, so I had them. Then it turns out, I didn't even really enjoy them! I guess that's good! Once and done, don't need them again- they weren't quite as magical as I recalled, lol!! I woke up w/a nacho induced headache :o

@k80flec - the run sounds nice! I agree, I like the opportunity it gives you to clear your head. I used to just run w/o music or anything to distract me. I think its quite meditative. I miss that!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    1/26
    Green, plus exercise!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    1-24, 1-25 & 1-26
    Green: Yes, Yes & Yes
    Green Goal: 22/27
    Exercise: Yes, Yes & No
    Exercise Goal: 17/20

Hey folks! I've been M.I.A. for a few days, but I'm still staying the course. I enjoyed reading about how everyone is doing.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I hope you all are beginning to get back to normal around there. @bbinoa I can't even imagine 31" of snow. Craziness!! Thanks for the tip about the Polar A300. I'll know not to get that one. It'll probably be a Garmin, but I'll keep looking to be sure. Also, I hate when I eat something I've been craving, and it's not nearly as good as I imagine. It's such a waste of calories. Now you have my mouth watering for nachos though. Ha!
    @k80flec Glad you're on track this month! This group has definitely been keeping me accountable lately too. You're doing great by the way.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    1/24 - green
    1/25 - red
    1/26 -green, barely

No exercise, other than walking at lunch. Low dose steroids weren't doing the job, so on Monday, I called my doctor's office and they called in higher dose steroids, antibiotics (I do like that my doc doesn't go to antibiotics first. Drug resistance is a real and nasty problem.) and a cough suppressant. I felt like I could have gone to the gym last night, but I knew I would have regretted it today. I don't even care. I just want to be over this illness. I might try on Thursday, but I am more like to try on Sunday. Saturday is jam packed with activities of the social kind.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    1-27
    Green Goal: 23/27
    Exercise: Yes, Yes
    Exercise Goal: 18/20

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Praying you feel much better soon. In the meantime, take it easy.
  • k80flec
    edited January 2016
    Options

exercise.png

27: ✔️ (a Chevy minus 3!), 28: ✔️,

Green: Yes, - 23/25
    Exercise - Yes - swimming, Yes - Pilates, strength training, 9/12
    Steps - Yes - 19/25

Didn't get to run tonight - despite my plans. Both my sons needed babysitters at 19:30 tonight - 3 miles apart - bodyblow!
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins - the antibiotic issue is quite worrying - drug resistant bugs - nasty things!

Best wishes as we all surge towards the finish line!!

Edited to remove streak info!
  • k80flec
    Options

exercise.png

29: ❌

Green: No, 23/25
    Exercise - No, 7/12
    Steps - Yes - 20/25
  • k80flec
    Options

exercise.png

30th: ❌

Exercise - No, 7/12
    Steps - Yes - 21/25

Streak best yet - 20 days
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    1-28, 1-29 & 1-30
    Green: Yes, Yes & Yes
    Green Goal: 26/27
    Exercise: No, No & Yes
    Exercise Goal: 19/20

It's been a busy few days, but I've been keeping it green. I plan to end the month reaching all three of my goals: 1. Green 27 days. 2. Exercise 20 days. 3. No French fries for the month. Woohoo!

How's everyone else doing?
  • bbinoa
    Options
    1/27, 1/28, 1/29, 1/30

Chevy, red, red, Red!
    I'm not doing so great the end of the month! Haven't been feeling too well. My surgery has been tentatively scheduled for Feb 12th which is good, since I'm tired of not feeling like me. I have a couple weeks until then so I'm going to try to get things somewhat under control.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    1-31
    Green Goal: 27/27
    Exercise: Yes
    Exercise Goal: 20/20

I reached all my goals. Woohoo!! I thought I was going to drop the ball today on the French fries fast, but I made it through.

@bbinoa I know you'll feel 100% better after the surgery. In the meantime, take care of you as best as possible. Eat as well as you can and exercise only if you feel like it.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    1/31
    Finished up the month with a good workout and a green day.

@Laughter_Girl, thanks. I'm trying not to feel frustrated, but it's hard to go from training for a marathon to feeling completely out of sorts. Looking forward to a better spring!
  • k80flec
    Options
    1: ❌, 2: ✔️(a Chevy), 3: ❌, 4: ❌ , 5: ✔️ (a Chevy), 6: ❌ , 7: ✔️, 8: ❌, 9: ✔️, 10: ✔️, 11: ✔️, 12: ✔️, 13: ✔️, 14: ✔️, 15: ✔️ (a Chevy)

16: ✔️, 17: ✔️ (a Chevy), 18: ✔️, 19: ✔️, 20: ✔️, 21: ✔️; 22: ✔️, 23rd: ✔️, (a Chevy); 24th: ✔️ (a Chevy); 25th: ✔️, 26th: ✔️(a Chevy), 27: ✔️ (a Chevy minus 3!), 28: ✔️, 29: ❌, 30th: ❌, 31st ✔️

Exercise - No, 7/12
    Steps - Yes - 22/30