Mini Challenge #2

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Who wants to take part in this one? This week drop one thing that is holding you back, one thing thats not so healthy. If your a soda drinker (diet or real) replace one serving with water, if you go shopping replace that close parking space with one far out in the parking lot so you will walk. So take something not so healthy and replace it with something healthy. Tell us what your replacing.

Replies

• gracielu7
    gracielu7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm in! No elevators- stairs only!
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am going to replace my daily can of coke with coffee/ water!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Yesterday I replaced my soda with water and today I have lots of errands so I will be parking way out. Will meed my umbrella since it will be cold and rainy.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom and I don't get out of the house very often (besides going to the gym or exercising at home) So I'm sitting a lot through the day. One thing I'm working on is every so often, I get up and walk around the house. Gotta get those steps in!
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 486 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've replaced all diet pop for the last few weeks with water. I've had an occasional sweet tea but it's not the syrupy sweet kind.
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    So far, so good. Soda replaced everyday so far with either water or a nice healthy juice made from my new Nutribullet!!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Keep it going guys. If you're home alot with kids I'm sure you are already staying busy but if the tv is on, take advantage of it and get your little ones involved. Everytime a commercial comes on jump up and walk around the house, make a train so the kids follow. Do a few jumping jacks or sit ups. Maube a few dance moves. The kids will think its a fun game.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom and I don't get out of the house very often (besides going to the gym or exercising at home) So I'm sitting a lot through the day. One thing I'm working on is every so often, I get up and walk around the house. Gotta get those steps in!

When I am home and find myself tied to my home desk I set the timer on the stove so that I have to get off the chair and re-set the timer. Then I make a complete trip around my 1800 sq foot house.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    As a recent first time mom (he will be 3 months old in a little over a week), I've been way more couch potato-y since he's been here. This past week I've just tried to get up and move more when I'm watching TV when he's sleeping. I realized I was using him as an excuse to not workout cause he takes little naps, but I decided that if he's sleeping for 10 minutes then that 10 minutes of activity is better than none. I have to get over the "if I don't have time for an actual 30+ workout, it's not worth it" mentality.