New to the group - hello!

Options
Hey everyone,

I (very) recently made the decision to switch to a vegan diet. It's been one week so far. I have been thinking about making this change for several years, but I struggled with the fact that I lose weight on a high protien diet. It's really the environmental and ethical issues that have pushed me to finally make the change.

I haven't cut dairy out completely yet. I have a very strong coffee addiction that I am trying to break. I'm planning to find a couple of non dairy creamers (coconut, etc.) to try out next week in the meantime.

I've been a member of my fitness pal for a few years, but I've rarely stuck with logging for more than a few weeks. I'm hoping that this big shift in my diet will motivate me to track the changes that my body goes through.

I'm 30 years old and I have three kids. My current weight is 168, and my goal weight is 135. I'm a midwife, so my schedule is kind of insane. One of my biggest challenges is making sure I have food with me when I'm away from home for many long hours at a birth. Also, getting back into my exercise routine after I've been up all night is difficult. I usually lose a day to recovering and sleeping.

As for exercise, I've started hiking with my dog (we live a few minutes away from a mountain range), yoga, and walking.

I hope to get to know some of you, and maybe find an accountability partner (or two). Thanks for reading! :)

Replies

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also new to this. We have been trying all the different milks and we really like the cashew milk for it's thickness and the Almond chocolate milk is fantastic, we like Silk soy milk in our cereals. Feel free to add me if you like. Best of luck to you
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan for about a year and a half and I have found that hazelnut milk in coffee is amazing :)
  • swellmama3
    swellmama3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good to know! Thanks :)