Need easy quick meal plans please

Options
appletee
appletee Posts: 2 Member
Clothes shopping yesterday and was horrified. Knew I had gained weight but didn't really see it. Those dressing room mirrors are eye opening. Started a doctoral program plus working and family leaves little time for me. Need to make the time. Eating too much and wrong items. Would someone be willing to share daily meals? I really can't even remember what amounts I need.. So out of control. Vsg 2012... Gained back 20. Thanks

Replies

• joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My diary is open you are welcome to check it out - I make alot of my own recipes but trust me they are all quick and easy and I make they shareable for others. Feel free to reach out if you want them - I am only 9 months out so I am limited in my intake but you could supplement with veggies and be fine with your intake.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am a horrid example...some days I am balanced, but other days I won't eat all day so I can binge at night w/o gaining. So I wouldn't recommend my food diary. :) That being said, when I am eating in a balanced way I usually have a few eggs for breakfast, then 4oz protein and 1/2-1c cooked veggies for meals. I do not do bread or pasta or rice much of the time (occasionally I have sushi). I am almost 2 years out.
  • murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Try getting back to basics. Dense, lean protein first, then veggies and small amounts of whole grains and fruit. Avoid processed foods or limit the amount. As for how many calories I would calculate your TDEE and then subtract about 500 calories a day from a combination of diet and exercise (probably best not to go too low on calories depending), there are many simple calculators on the web.

My nutritionist suggested cooking up a large batch of chicken breasts on the weekends to eat during the week, in wraps, salads or just by itself portioned out. Heres a recipe that I like.
    http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/baked-chicken-breast/

Other options are tuna fish with light amounts of mayo, try adding some slivered almonds and/or celery for crunch and fiber. Maybe a sprinkle of dried berries like Craisens for sweetness. Wrapped in a lettuce leaf or just eaten with a fork

I like the Dannon light and fit yogurt for a mid morning or afternoon snack. 80 cal and 12g of protein, I sprinkle in a little granola for crunch.

Shrimp can also be a quick meal. 3 oz usually stops my hunger and is a high protein/low fat. I get the pre cooked frozen kind, toss then in a tupperware overnight or just run them under cold water to thaw when I am ready to eat.

hope those ideas inspire you. Pinterest is one of my go to places to search for recipes when I am in a slump.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Bear naked makes a really good protein granola that isn't bad on carbs 13g for 1/4 cup to go with greek yogurt ( I love that for mid morning!) And I am with Murphyraven - I eat a ton of shrimp! 7 extra large thawed/plain or with some cocktail sauce or even dipped in spicy hummus and served with gluten free bean crackers - makes the perfect lunch! 93% lean ground turkey with low sodium taco mix portioned out to 1/2 cup servings can be put over salads/ baked in wonton wrappers or even just rolled in low carb tortilla with low fat cheese for an awesome dinner serve with some plain greek 0% yogurt and greens - so yummy... Good luck!