How to best clean a Charge HR band?

Options
BarbieAS
BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
So, this is really gross, but the band of my Charge HR smells bad. I don't even know how to explain the odor but I'm certain I need to try to clean it. I've tried carefully rinsing it with water as well as using a gentle facial soap as recommended by Fitbit but neither of those really helped much. Does anyone have another suggestion?

Replies

• donutbears
    donutbears Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sorry not sure if this will be very helpful but I generally wipe my fitbit down with rubbing alcohol and that's worked for me. I only take the fitbit off to shower and i've had no odor issues.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got some bacteria. I would try vinegar on a Q-tip rubbed into all the little nooks and crannies (but stay away from the gold sensors). Don't rinse it off right away, let it set for 15-20 minutes. I clean mine off with a mild soap after every workout or anytime I get sweaty. But I've only had it 2 months.
  • BarbieAS
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try rubbing alcohol.

Honestly, I think it's my perfume reacting badly with the material of the band. I typically spray my perfume on my left wrist very shortly before I put my Fitbit back on after my shower in the morning, so it might be rubbing off on the band a little. The odor smells vaguely of my perfume, but definitely not exactly the same (I like my perfume, lol!). I swear I'm generally not an odorific person, and I honestly am not even much of a sweater, certainly not at my wrists.
  • BarbieAS
    Options
    Sounds like you've got some bacteria. I would try vinegar on a Q-tip rubbed into all the little nooks and crannies (but stay away from the gold sensors). Don't rinse it off right away, let it set for 15-20 minutes. I clean mine off with a mild soap after every workout or anytime I get sweaty. But I've only had it 2 months.

Possibly, but I wear my Fitbit very very loosely, wash it frequently with water and mild soap (as I mentioned in the OP) as well as wash myself frequently :lol:, and don't sweat much even when working out, so bacteria doesn't seem as likely as a scent just clinging to the band to me (just not much of an opportunity to breed), but I think if I try rubbing alcohol it would take care of bacteria, certainly, so I'll still try that first.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I (thanks to my mom, and grandmother) have habitually used hand sanitizer. I make it a point to do my band after I've done my hands and wrists.