weight question

Options
I've been walking on my treadmill and playing wii sports with my kids. I was consistently losing weight. Two weeks ago (I weight myself every other week) I started using Yourself Fitness! just to change things up a bit. Problem is now the scale reads I've gained 1.5 pounds. What the heck?
I've also started using a fitbit, I don't know if that matters or not. Can anyone tell me if changing your routine can change your progress?

Please add me as your friend too, Thank you!

Replies

• SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I think everyone and every situation is different, but I want to say yes. Sometimes when I eat more I lose weight. Sometimes when I exercise I gain. As long as it all adds up to a downward trend that is the main thing. Are you eating back all of your exercise calories? If you are that might make a very big difference as to how many you really did burn so I would be careful with that maybe? Ill send a friend request too :)
  • mystery2decor
    mystery2decor Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My son seems to think that even though I keep up with the figure on the screen, the calories the program claims I burned may not be accurate with my body type. Which makes sense.
    I'm not eating back all the calories just enough to give me a daily log.
  • SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's true too! Some people say fitbits make you gain weight - because they tell you that you have burned x number of calories, so if you eat those calories back, you will be in trouble if it has over-estimated. I try to never eat all of my exercise calories back just in case - there's always a margin or error I think!
  • mystery2decor
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You maybe on to something. Both were done about the same time. I'm wondering if I should ignore or delete the fitbit info in my diary.
  • azbearme
    azbearme Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use the fitbit HR, and eat back most of my calories and am still losing. It is important that the fitbit is synching properly with mfp and not double counting. The fitbit HR calories burned are always less than the projections on the fitness games, like Xbox Zumba, and also lower than the gym equipment like the elliptical and treadmill. I go with the calories from the fitbit hr because it knows how hard I work, whereas the video game doesn't.
  • mystery2decor
    Options
    I have a fitbit one. However, I only let it sync at the end of the day rather than throughout and I am back on track with a lose on the scale. :)