Amay33 Journal

Options
Amay33
Amay33 Posts: 66 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
OK so I'm going to start a journal.

I've been back on my fitness pal for a little over three weeks now I have lost almost 10 pounds by just increasing my calorie and take and exercising five days a week.

My name is Aimée, I am 33 years old and have five children ranging from a teens to nine months of age. I live way north in northern Manitoba Canada.

OK so let's get this started, i've been struggling with my weight for about 10 years now about since when I had my second child. I probably gained the most with him about 60 pounds and I never ended up losing afterwards I just kept gaining and gaining ever since. Stress, anxiety and depression were key triggers that lead to my laziness and not wanting to leave my home. I know the only way I will be happy is if I lose at least half of this weight I have gained in the last 10 years. I've signed onto my fitness pal account more than enough in the last four years five years and I've never succeeded. I lost 10 here gained 20 lost 20 here gained 30 so you get the point. I am now at my all-time high, when I started this three weeks ago I was up 243 pounds I couldn't believe it I weighed more than my husband that's not OK I'm only 5'2" I shouldn't be this way. It's not even that I became tired because I let the sickness in my head make me lazy make me weak make me not believe in myself maybe if I started believing myself and not the voices in my head I'll succeed at this just maybe I will.

So I'm not really sure how to write a journal I just supposed to write what's on my mind? I try to write what's happening in my week or month depending how often I write in my journal? I do look forward to this I look forward to reading over it and seeing my highs and lows in what I can do to do better next time or what I can do to keep up at it so if I forgot something from the prior week I can I can just come back to hear and read over how it went and maybe find my little motivation from the prior week or months even years.

I guess at the bottom of my posts I'll put my starting stats as well progress everyevery week or two weeks or month whenever So I can come on just to have something to look at and then I can see how I'm doing it right. Well I guess I can do that without this post but that's how I'm gonna do it. Well here I go yet another week with another couple pounds gone again, and hopefully next week is another good week and another successful week and if not I keep moving forward either way.

Aimée
Starting Weight - 243.1
Current Weight - 232.9
Goal Weight - 130.5

Replies

• Chaagy
    Chaagy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Fellow Canadian. I'm from Toronto, ON. For someone who isn't really sure how to write a journal, you wrote a good first one! Congratulations on the weight loss. I get the mindset thing, it can really mess with you, and for me too, it's the most important part of losing weight. Feeling confident. Feeling like you are going to do this. Let's both of us do it for real this time.
  • Amay33
    Amay33 Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks so much, yes I am trying to look at this as not only a weight loss journey but a total mind/body journey. The only way I will succeed is by believing in myself and reminding myself no ones perfect I'm not the only one. It is the hardest part for me really it is and it is the big reason as to not being successful in my prior times with this journey, well that and the darn scale. But I have noticed from then in now was my calorie intake played a big roll I stayed under 1400 a day before with exercise and barley shed anything now I'm aiming for 2000 and I'm dropping it nicely. I'm actually coming up with my back up plan at the moment for when my first plateau hits me.
    Chaagy wrote: »
    Hi Fellow Canadian. I'm from Toronto, ON. For someone who isn't really sure how to write a journal, you wrote a good first one! Congratulations on the weight loss. I get the mindset thing, it can really mess with you, and for me too, it's the most important part of losing weight. Feeling confident. Feeling like you are going to do this. Let's both of us do it for real this time.