Weekly Weigh In (1/24 -- Almost Finished With January!!)

Options
istarith
istarith Posts: 71 Member
Starting Weight: 193lbs

Week 1: 192.8 (-.2lbs)
Week 2: 190.5 (-2.3lbs)
Week 3: 191.7 (+1.2lbs)
Week 4: 185.6 (-6.1lbs)

Total loss: -7.4lbs

... Woah. Okay, so THERE the weight went. Last week I actually gained and stayed at the same poundage pretty much all week, and this week I was on a rampage because of it. Lots of water, lots of vegetables, and I pretty much said "no" to anything: a bite of my husband's pizza, a tiny ice cream, you name it. Everything was off the table. And somehow, I lost 6 pounds because of it!! I honestly didn't figure I had that much plucky determination in me...

We're almost at the end of January, everyone! I know it's been really difficult for most of us (including me) to drop some of those sticky pounds, what with the snow making it difficult to get to the gym and the cold making it so I need comfort foods. I mean, winter is THE hardest time of year to lose any weight, and this is the reason! In any case, the harder you work now, the easier you'll make things for yourself come summer time -- if you can stay healthy in January, the world is your oyster! :)

Replies

• itstime2016
    itstime2016 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 230 (12/21/15)
    Week 1: 226.8
    Week 2: 223.4
    Week 3: 224
    Week 4: 222.6 (-1.4#)
    Total Loss: 7.4#
    goal 175!

Finally! The scale is starting to move in the right direction!! NSV is I wore a smaller size jeans today and they weren't even tight!!! Being I have a lot of muscle under my mud, the way my clothes fit is always a better determination than the scale for me. Next week is my 1 month measurement check!! I cannot wait to see how many inches I have lost. I am also really hoping to be in the 2teens as we begin Feb!!

I have noticed that the weight is coming off MUCH slower than it has in the past for me. Maybe it's because I am approaching 36 or maybe my metabolism isn't what it used to be. I let this defeat me a bit over the past two weeks.

However, I am still down 7.4# in month so I am focusing on that more than the week to week losses.

Hubby and I are working to get my home gym all set up today so I have somewhere nice to get my sweat on moving forward. I have been doing the Jillian 30 day shred this week and she has kicked my butt! However I know something is working because my body feels stronger already even after 5 workouts with Jillian!!

Good luck all as we wrap up this last week in Jan! Stay strong and stay committed to your goals whatever they may be! ❤️
  • stephharding
    stephharding Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 172 lbs
    Week 1: 166 lbs
    Week 2: 163 lbs
    Week 3: 164 lbs
    Week 4: 159 lbs
    Goal: 135lbs

Nice work everyone! It looks like so far everyone had a good week! Keep up the good work!
  • KoshVorlon
    KoshVorlon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My original starting date of Oct 1, 2015

10/1/15: 290.0 lbs.
    12/30/15: 272.0 lbs. (-18 lbs. total to date)
    1/1/16: 270.4 lbs. (-19.6 lbs. total to date)
    1/6/16: 269.2 lbs. (-20.8 lbs. total to date) [-1.2 lbs. so far this week...]
    1/10/16: 268.2 lbs. (-21.8 lbs. total to date) [-2.2 lbs. for the week!]
    1/17/16: 267.2 lbs. (-22.8 lbs. total to date) [-1.0 lbs. for the week...] :-(
    1/24/16: 265.2 lbs. (-24.8 lbs. total to date) [-2.0 lbs. for the week...]

So far so good. But, a long, long, long way to go to my goal of 180 lbs....nevertheless I am encouraged. Let me ask y'all a question. I have a top of the line set of scales in my bathroom. I check them periodically for accuracy with my triple beam manual full sized scales which I keep in a guest bathroom. (these are the same as are used within most doctors' offices.)

So here is my question: why is it, when in the mornings whilst I go through my regular routine, that I can weigh myself within the span of thirty minutes a get four different readings? Also, how can I weigh more on Thursday, than I did on Wednesday even though I consumed less food during that 24 hour period?

Really strange and frustrating. Thanks everyone, and blessings,

Tom
  • itstime2016
    Options
    Hi Tom!

I feel your frustration! The past two weeks I was playing that same game with my scales and it was driving me CRAZY! After my weigh in today I took the batteries out of my scales and put them in my closet until next Sunday. That way I am hoping I will not step on the scale for 1 week. My weight was up and down and up again throughout the week. Luckily for me it showed a loss today!!
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Ultimate Starting Weight: 330
    Challenge Starting Weight 282.6
    Week 1: 282.6
    Week2: 281
    Week3: 279.8
    Week4: 277.9
    Ultimate Goal Weight 180
  • itstime2016
    Options
    Another NSV!!! Taken of many medications today at my MD office and one of the two meds I am still on had to be reduced due to weight loss!! I went from 12 medications to 2!!!
  • kaysday
    Options
    Wow @itstime2016 that's incredible. Keep up the good work!!
  • curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Such Superstars here!!! Keep up the good work Everyone!!!

Week 1: n/a
    Week 2: 181.8
    Week 3: 179.0
    Week 4: 179.8

Total loss this challenge: -2

Had a rough time this past week. TOM was visiting and still fighting bronchitis. Per doctors orders was not able to exercise at all last week. But I gave myself that time to concentrate on getting better.

Doctor has okay'd for me to exercise this week but slowly nothing higher than HRT of 110 and kept to under 30 minutes.

I will take that- it is better than no exercise- so I will have to set goal for only 1 pound loss this week. But excited to get back on track!!!!!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    KoshVorlon wrote: »

So here is my question: why is it, when in the mornings whilst I go through my regular routine, that I can weigh myself within the span of thirty minutes a get four different readings? Also, how can I weigh more on Thursday, than I did on Wednesday even though I consumed less food during that 24 hour period?

Tom

I have an Aria wifi scale that syncs with my fitbit and myfitnesspal. I step on and it sometimes gives me 3 different readings within seconds/minutes of each other. What I've started doing is stepping on until I get the same reading twice and take that as my official weigh in. I only step on that scale once a week on Friday mornings as soon as I get up. Any other time I weigh myself it's on a scale at work. I would say try to only weigh yourself once a week first thing in the morning. Or at least pick a day that will be your official weigh in and don't worry to much about the weights in between that week. With eating and drinking throughout the day your weight is bound to fluctuate.
  • ForMe2No
    Options
    Another NSV!!! Taken of many medications today at my MD office and one of the two meds I am still on had to be reduced due to weight loss!! I went from 12 medications to 2!!!

This is awesome! Congrats! I know how you feel my doctor recently took me off of two medications and drastically reduced the last one with hopes of discontinuing by my next visit in April or sooner.
  • ForMe2No
    Options
    Challenge Starting Weight 204.9
    Week 1: 203.1 (-1.8)
    Week 2: 200.5 (-2.6)
    Week 3: 200.5 (-0)
    Week 4: 199.1 (-1.4)

Total Challenge Loss 5.8

The last 2 weeks weren't so great as I was sick and we had a big snowstorm. I joined a gym yesterday so hopefully it won't take long to get into a new routine and get my weight loss back on track to what I'm used to. Or maybe this is my new normal.
  • kaysday
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ForMe2No wrote: »
    Challenge Starting Weight 204.9
    Week 1: 203.1 (-1.8)
    Week 2: 200.5 (-2.6)
    Week 3: 200.5 (-0)
    Week 4: 199.1 (-1.4)

Total Challenge Loss 5.8

The last 2 weeks weren't so great as I was sick and we had a big snowstorm. I joined a gym yesterday so hopefully it won't take long to get into a new routine and get my weight loss back on track to what I'm used to. Or maybe this is my new normal.

Great job!!! Congratulations on getting to "onederland" @ForMe2No
  • KoshVorlon
    KoshVorlon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ForMe2No wrote: »
    KoshVorlon wrote: »

Tom

I have an Aria wifi scale that syncs with my fitbit and myfitnesspal. I step on and it sometimes gives me 3 different readings within seconds/minutes of each other. What I've started doing is stepping on until I get the same reading twice and take that as my official weigh in. I only step on that scale once a week on Friday mornings as soon as I get up. Any other time I weigh myself it's on a scale at work. I would say try to only weigh yourself once a week first thing in the morning. Or at least pick a day that will be your official weigh in and don't worry to much about the weights in between that week. With eating and drinking throughout the day your weight is bound to fluctuate.

Thank you! You have confirmed my thoughts. Congratulations BTW , on the reduction of medications! Well done. s for waiting to weigh myself once a week. My OCD makes it difficult for me to only weigh in once a day! Which I am compelled to do every morning. Continued success!!