Pre-Op New to Group

Options
Hoodie417
Hoodie417 Posts: 6 Member
Hi everyone! I'm scheduled for surgery on February 8th. I'm so excited that I'm finally able to have this done. The pre-op liquid diet has been a bit of a challenge for me, but has also opened my eyes to some bad eating habits that I never realized I had. I'm at the point now where I'm getting nervous about the surgery, but for irrational reasons like - what if I don't lose weight on the pre-op diet and they refuse me the day of the surgery or what if the sleeve doesn't work for me. Any advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• CNACHEFCHAZZ
    CNACHEFCHAZZ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on your decision! I don't think they'll cancel your surgery for no loss. I almost giggled when I read that because remember fretting like crazy. The best advice I can give you is follow drs orders and you'll be fine. Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • Hoodie417
    Hoodie417 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I lost five pounds on my two week liquid diet. My body didn't like the calorie range, so I held the weight. After, my doctor said my liver had shrunk considerably, and that was the point of the liquid diet.

Related to post-surgical weight loss. Are you seeing a bariatric nutritionist? It's important to work with one on the stages, foods allowed, macros, etc. It's a constant dance between not enough, enough, and too much. But, if you follow their advice, and commit fully, it's impossible to not lose weight!