February 2016 Challenge!

Options
najmommy
najmommy Posts: 19 Member
Hi Gals!

Tara here and new to the group. I recently started my Walk yourself Strong videos with Ms. Leslie, so far so good. A girlfriend of mine introduced me to them a couple months back, she swears by them. I was inspired when she told me she dropped over 100lbs in just over a year and has been maintaining the new her very well. She is constantly posting pics of the new her looking fab! So of course if she can, why not me?

Which brings me here today. I've been doing fine on my own, but i want to stick with it and push myslf harder. I joined this group to meet new like minded people to incourage me to stay on track, hold myself accountable, and to be able to share my bumps and bruises as I embark on this journey.

I say all that to say i'd like your support on doing a February thru March challenge.

The goal will be to drop 20lbs (or darn close to) by March 29th! Do whatever it is that works for you and feel free to share tips, advice, recipes and tears. Most people like to do weekly weigh ins but i say no to that. NO SCALES this time around. we will record on our first weight on 2/1/2016 the next will be 3/1/2016 and the final 3/29/2016.

Lets keep track and check in with a dress that you love, but fits pretty snug. For example, I have a really cute red dress that my husband bought me last year, unfortunaly its about 2 sizes too small. So my target will be to fit in my little red dress. Every Monday i will pull up my dress as far as i can without stretching the material and i will record it in a log, as well as on here. I will track my progress by how far i can get in my dress up. Right now I'm at the lower part of my thights. Of course at the end of this challenge i'd love to be fitting in it completly and comfy, however if i get it all the way up to an arm or two I will be jumping for joy. THATS CALLED PROGRESS :D and I am on my way to the me I want to be.

So what do you say...would u like to join me on this Little Red Dress tour? :D

CW:226
GW:206

Replies

• goodwifey82
    goodwifey82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of not letting the numbers do all the talking. Seeing the changes in our bodies and how something that doesn't fit you starts to fit you again.
    I will have to look through my wardrobe and see what's lurking at the back. I will check back in on the 1St.
    CW232
    GW173
  • najmommy
    Options
    I am very excited to hear that. ;)
  • naturalbeauty03
    naturalbeauty03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the idea and I am going to do it with you but.....lol...I don't have a dress. Now you're going to force me to buy one.
  • najmommy
    Options
    Lol no don't go buying. You could even do it reversed. Use your dress that fits you good now. And as that starts to swallow you, you will know that the pounds are dropping. On March 1st when it's time for your first weigh in you will be so surprised and excited at how much weight you have lost.
    Thanks for joining me. This is going to be fun!!
  • naturalbeauty03
    naturalbeauty03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Seriously I have not one dress. I will use my jeans that are a little snugg
  • najmommy
    Options
    Seriously I have not one dress. I will use my jeans that are a little snugg

That works too!! ;)
  • goodwifey82
    goodwifey82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of not letting the numbers do all the talking. Seeing the changes in our bodies and how something that doesn't fit you starts to fit you again.
    I will have to look through my wardrobe and see what's lurking at the back. I will check back in on the 1St.
    CW232
    GW173

Just realised I've put my final goal weight.
    My goal weight by the end of March will be 210lbs.
    I will check in officially with starting stats tomorrow.
  • najmommy
    Options
    CW232
    GW173

Just realised I've put my final goal weight.
    My goal weight by the end of March will be 210lbs.
    I will check in officially with starting stats tomorrow.

Haha I saw that but knew what u meant. I'm so excited to have you two ladies joining me. It feels great to have support and new friends.
    See you tomorrow :D
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, hope you do well and me too. I need some new clothes in general let's go ladies, OK I will need your help too, because I have succededsucceded.
  • najmommy
    Options
    Welcome to the group, hope you do well and me too. I need some new clothes in general let's go ladies, OK I will need your help too, because I have succededsucceded.

Hey there!

Thanks for joining us. We are all here to help each other. I joined this group ND created this little challenge to give and receive help and motivation. WE CAN DO IT!
  • najmommy
    Options
    Alright ladies I am going to do my 16 mins happy walk video then hit the bed.

Before you eat in the morning step on the scale record your results and share them with us.

At the same time or a little later take your cute dress that is too small or fits you now and have u or someone take a picture of you in it.

Have your meal plan and exercise plan in motion. (Tomorrow I will begin posting my routine so you can get ideas. Feel free to do the same. The goal is for us to succeed together.) No judgement here.

Check in and share with us as much as you like and remember the goal. 20#s by 3/29/2019. Let's hit 10#s by our next weigh in 2/1/2016.

Every Sunday we will meet here and check in talk share ideas, ups. and downs. Most importantly we will talk about our dresses. From how they fit from day one and on a weekly basis.

Alright LET'S DO THIS!! :)<3:D:p

• najmommy
    Options
    Today was a great day. I got up nice and early and stepped on my scale as always not happy with what I saw.
    CW: 226
    So then I got my dress and pulled it up as far as I could without stretching the material. I got a little further than the top of my knees. :'-(

I started with a 2 mile walk using my LS video (on YouTube )

Had a hearty breakfast chocolate croissant and a cup of coffee. Lol No judgement right. Took myself to work and waited for lunch where I ate a hamburger loaded with lettuce tomatoes onions and no bun. With 2 bottles of water. It was good too. :smile:

I've been on mom duty so I haven't had a chance to type of a weekly menu plan. But until I do I will try to get my colorful foods on.

See ya :wink: