Highlandshoppa Thread

Options
Mjtckwnow
Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
I'm M.T. and a 45 year old female living in the Washington DC area
I was doing okay losing weight last year and then starting gaining in September so I decided to re-commit to MFP and start logging again. I'm up around 8 lbs since September so I know I've got to get this under control. My exercising is going great but I've been on a horrible eating binge for months.
My 2/1/16 weight is 164.8 (up 1.2 from yesterday - ugh!)
My height is 5'5
My final goal weight is in the 124-129 range although I start to feel like I look good around 136 lbs.
My 1st goal is to get under 151 which gets me out of the overweight BMI category & into normal BMI.
My current exercise plan is to commit to starting and completing the 8 week PIYO (pilates/yoga) program which I have started and quit several times and continue running 5-6 times per week.
My current food plan is to work on portion control, reducing mindless snacking, avoiding processed (junk) foods, limiting wine drinking, & weaning myself off sodas (Coke Zero).
Hope to post some success in my next entry!

Replies

• PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and thanks for sharing! Best of luck on your journey!
  • bellabettysmama
    bellabettysmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you!!!!
  • emshields1
    emshields1 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you!!!!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    First week's results:
    1/31 Challenge Starting Weight: 163.6 lbs
    2/7 Weight: 160.6
    Total loss this week: 3 lbs

And I had the highest percentage of weight loss of those that posted :)
    I know it was probably all water weight but a loss is a loss!

I completed week 1 of PiYo last week and got in 4 runs and a great gym workout too. I ate at a deficit everyday but 1 (super bowl- got to a have a little wine and some queso).

My goals this week are to complete week 2 of PiYo, run 5 days, & continue to limit my wine & diet soda drinking to just 2 days.

My big goal is that I want to be in the 150's by the next weigh in...even 159.9 would make me happy right now.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Good job setting weekly goals for yourself. I could probably take a cue from you on that. It sounds like you're staying on track pretty well and should have no problem getting under 160 by Sunday.
  • bellabettysmama
    bellabettysmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You got this!! Great goals!!
  • emshields1
    Options
    Highland I am totally with you. I am stuck at 160.1. Uggghhh....I want the 150s. Maybe this Sunday. I have kicked the at home wine habit. Made a pact only when I am away from the house. It has really cut my wine back considerably.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    Looking forward to a new month with better resolve. My workouts were on target for all of February but I probably ate at a deficit only half the month and my weight has just yo-yoed up and down. My husband & I committed to being alcohol free the next 3 weeks, so that will be a big help to keeping my calories in control. This week starts my 4th week of PiYo and the last time I hit week 4 was when I really started seeing some positive results with the scale, so hopefully that will be the case this time too!
  • emshields1
    Options
    You got this girl!!! Great goals!
  • JBsJazz
    JBsJazz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, you will see results soon! Good job.
  • arnottr3
    arnottr3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    emshields1 wrote: »
    You got this girl!!! Great goals!
    JBsJazz wrote: »
    Keep up the good work, you will see results soon! Good job.
    arnottr3 wrote: »
    You can do it!

Thanks for the motivation!!! You all are doing awesome as well :)
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    I was 160.4 last Sunday morning and then went over my calories Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday and woke up Wednesday morning weighing 165.8 which scared the hell out of me and got me back on track. For this Sunday's weigh in I'm down to 160 which is great seeing how bad my weight was mid-week. I've been yo-yo-ing up and down since this challenge started but I'm seeing progress in inches lost in my measurements since the beginning and as long as I am actually losing however slow it may be I'm okay right now with the yo-yo-ing. Now I just need to get in the 150's and yo-yo there until I get to the 140's, then the 130's and finally back to my goal weight of 124. It's been 5 years of steadily gaining since I was 124 lbs. and it's time to get back to the "normal" me.
  • emshields1
    Options
    You will definitely get there. No worries!
  • JBsJazz
    JBsJazz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like your determination and attitude! Great job sticking in there and coming out the other side stronger. You will be in the 50s soon for sure! :)
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    You ready to rock round 3?!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    2 Mile walk tonight while my husband and daughter played Pokemon Go.