Weight Loss Team Check-In

Options
Hi everyone! Please introduce yourself to the group. Tell us about your goals and what you struggle with when it comes to achieving those goals.

I'm Emilie (duh) and I'll be one of your team leaders. I have over 100 lbs to lose, so that will be fun. I love to eat late at night and it's never anything healthy. I actually love eating at pretty much anytime but have an easier time keeping it under control during the day. By 9pm, I have no energy and no willpower.

Replies

• Lnies27
    Lnies27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, This is Linda Nies. I have lost weight but Christmas did me in. I want to get on track again; exercising everyday and eating healthy.
  • ChristieMarin
    ChristieMarin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Christie Marin. I have 50lbs to lose to get to goal weight. I gained over 80lbs during pregnancy and have only lost 30....my daughter is now 5 this month! I exercise all the time between walking around farm and riding horses, but between stress and depression I constantly eat..and eat all the wrong things at the wrong times. I'm hoping that being accountable, having open healthy eating schedule to the public/colleagues will force me to better track my eating. I miss feeling strong, healthy, energetic, and fitting into my clothes!
  • kmguh
    kmguh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Katherine Guhin. I'd like to lose 30 pounds.

My daughter is almost 2 years old. I had lost almost all of my pregnancy weight, but then I stopped breastfeeding and gained 10 pounds. I don't want to keep gaining, and I want to get to a shape where clothes look good on me again.
  • Nancyafm
    Nancyafm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Nancy Marsh and I need to lose about 100 pounds. But since this is a 16 week expedition, I'll set my goal at 16 lbs. I don't exercise, don't eat well, and don't much like things this way. I actually got a head start on this health thing at the beginning of the year, and I'm so glad to have a group for encouragement.

If you're at Reedley, you might see me walking to and from work. Don't get too excited, I only live a mile and a half away from campus! But at least I'm walking.

Good luck everyone! Let's do this!!
  • rebeccasnyderray
    rebeccasnyderray Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rebecca Snyder. I need to lose around 40 pounds.

I actually eat pretty well for my meals, but I am lured by treats (Rosa's seductive counter of party leftovers). I am also too sedentary, mostly due to my schedule, but also because the exercises I used to enjoy are hard to do with a 5 year old.

I was successfully doing a Couch to 5K (I was really enjoying it) when I had some health problems over summer. I hope to start again when daylight is available--probably mid-February or early March.
  • JohnCC911
    JohnCC911 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm John Cunningham
    I am looking to lose 20 pounds to help by knees and back feel better and I have a issues of waiting to eat and over eating. I also love sweets right before bed (Sweet Dreams).
  • jarends67
    jarends67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hola amigos, yo soy Jeff Arends. I used to be 225lbs of muscle but now I'm 225lbs of muscle and 50lbs. of fat. Looking to get back to my college weight and be more active. I have two kids, 14 and 12 and it's hard keeping up with them. I wish everyone success and happiness during this journey.
    --Jeff
  • emilieemilie
    emilieemilie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! We've got this.
    I was successfully doing a Couch to 5K (I was really enjoying it) when I had some health problems over summer. I hope to start again when daylight is available--probably mid-February or early March.

I just started Couch to 5K. We're going to do the California Classic 5K as a family in April and then I'm hoping to actually run the Clovis Memorial Day 5K which happens to fall on my birthday. Happy 32nd to me!

• akemi15
    akemi15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Ashley Calhoun. My goal is to lose 15 pounds. For as long as I can remember, my weight has fluctuated and I have struggled to reach/maintain my goal weight. My main problem is that I LOVE food! Eating is my favorite hobby! :( I'm excited to be a part of this with all of you!
  • kjsheree
    kjsheree Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kari and I work at the Madera Center. My goal is to eat healthier and get it into better overall shape. I have two little boys (5 & 7 years) who like to snack and as a result, I snack too. Trying to reduce snacking and increase eating balanced meals. Happy to be part of the group!
  • samariacardenas
    samariacardenas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Samaria. My goal is to create long lasting healthy habits. My current struggles include portion control and lack of motivation to exercise. I too am happy to be part of this group. :)
  • dianalynnrod
    dianalynnrod Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Diana Rodriguez. Ever since I had a foot/knee injury my exercise regime has been at a zero and because of our busy lifestyles, it was easier to pick up something to eat rather than sit and eat a healthy meal. My goal for 2016 is to lose 50 pounds just by eating healthier and exercising and to be able to get in that "little black dress" that I have been waiting forever to fit back in again! Good luck everyone!
  • sarinatorres
    sarinatorres Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sarina Torres. I need to lose 40 lbs to get back to where I am comfortable and probably 50 to actually be where the doctor says I need to be. Since having my baby almost 4 years ago and multiple health problems since I have struggled. I have not been comfortable with the way I look in a long time. I have not worn a swim suit or shorts in 4 years. But more importantly I feel bad daily. I have no energy to spend time with my family. My almost 4 year old is full of energy and I just simply can't keep up. I have turned into a stress eater, and chocolate and salty snacks seem to be the "go to".
  • Pablo_Contreras
    Pablo_Contreras Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Pablo. I love watching tv and eating junk food. I've been around 175 for the last 20 years. If I can lose 10 pounds that would be great. If not, as long as the fat turns to muscle I'm good with that. My kids tease me about my gut. I kinda don't want to get rid of that cause I like to embarrass them. I have a dtr that's going to college in a couple of years. I'd like to teach her how to cook healthy.
  • erikchanson
    erikchanson Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hey, Erik Hanson here, welding/manufacturing instructor at Madera. About a year ago, I had lost about 25 lbs with a great diet and minimal exercise. Since then I've packed almost all of it back on because I had no maintenance plan in place. I'm 218 and would like to be at 195 by May, and I would really like to make an exercise habit out of my busy schedule (Reedley/Madera 4 times a week). Oh yeah, I'm a food addict (stress, boredom, tired, happy, it doesn't matter).
  • mrsmathman
    mrsmathman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Pam Gilmore here, I know, it's geeky, Mrs.Mathman on My Fitness Pal. Those of you who know me will get it. My Fitness Pal is the greatest app, by the way. Wow! Combine it with a little knowledge from Weight Watchers (portion control) and now this group, we've GOT this, Team! I work out 5 days a week: MWF strength training and TTh Zumba for cardio. I'm on a 1200 calorie program in fitness pal to lose 2 lbs per week with a goal of 30 altogether. My knees just can't handle my weight and I DON'T want another knee surgery. Also, I'm mother of the groom in June so that's motivating as well.