SUPER ANNOYED, NO LOSS

Options
view my diary...give me input! in the past 2wks, ive lost a whopping .5 lbs and im about to lose my *kitten*! im mean whats the deal?? ive had this pretty serious surgery, can only eat a cup of food at a time and this is the result? i damn sure could have struggled like this w/out the procedure! i hit my protein, water, and cardio minutes as provided by my dr. i cried this morning weighing in AND i fell down my steps. again, WTF? HELP. rant over...

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @CNACHEFCHAZZ First, how far out are you? You definitely are not eating enough no matter what stage you are in, but knowing what stage (liquid, puree, soft, regular) would help. There are days you listed less than 350 calories? Is everything there? Our bodies need more than protein, we need carbs and fat to live. Does your surgeon have you working with a bariatric nutritionist? I am eating five to six times a day. I still have issues getting up to 1000 calories per day, so I had to cut out some of my workouts so I didn't starve myself. I would suggest talking to a bariatric nutritionist, but if you tell me when you had surgery, I'd be happy to give you the information I have from mine.
  • CNACHEFCHAZZ
    CNACHEFCHAZZ Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 2mos out so I can easy pretty much anything. Haven't started whole grain carbs yet. 350 is definitely low and I must didn't finish logging that day. Yes and yes. The place I went through to have my surgery is a center complete with nutritionalist, exercise counselor, and psychologist. I actually had to be cleared by them, whether my insurance covered or not, before the dr would even touch me. my literature, created by this staff and Dr, states 800 calories for woman and 150 min of cardio week which is what I do. Drs orders right? And honestly, how can much more than that fit into my pouch? Idk. I hear these first couple of months is trial and error. Thanks for the input!
  • jessica6582
    jessica6582 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. I had my surgery on 11/11 and for the past three weeks I haven't lost anything. Plateaus are a natural part of the process - surgery or not. Drink more water, get more exercise. Try a few days with very, very low carbs (like <20g) and see if that helps. Also, it's important that you remember that your body will catch up, just give it the chance.
  • earempfer
    earempfer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve 4 years ago. There are day...weeks even where you won't lose anything. Don't panic! Or get frustrated. It's not a cure it's a tool. When you're not taking enough calories in, your body's going to hold on to everything it possibly can for as long as it can because it thinks you are starving but that can last only so long. and then suddenly for no reason what so ever you'll start losing. If it goes one for months however I would go to your doctor. But a loss is a loss even if it is only 0.5 lbs.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Plateaus do happen, but stalls for other reasons happen too. That's why using MFP or another tracking tool is vital. We need to be able to see if we are hitting all macros, look for patterns in foods, see if there's something that needs to be tweaked. Not even a nutritionist can help "beat" a plateau without a clear picture of what's been happening.
  • GoDasher
    GoDasher Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs in the hospital (2 days) but then lost only a few pounds the first month. Then all of the sudden it started to drop off.

Then I hit a plateau again (holidays!, not doing my best, etc). I even gained back 3 pounds. That small gain didn't stress me out. But I just started and exercise class this week and I'm already down 2.

I KNOW getting on the scale everyday is not good, which is why I do not stress out about a pound or two up and down. But I DO need to get better about using this MFP tool!

• CNACHEFCHAZZ
    CNACHEFCHAZZ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone.