New to dx after three years of crazy .. question about foot drop and bracing

Options
kkaci5
kkaci5 Posts: 59 Member
I'm presently trying to lose the almost 50 pounds I gained taking amitriptyline and Lyrica. Evil meds, never again :P. I've replaced with LDN which works wonderfully for pain and doesn't turn me into an over-eating sloth.

I spend six hours a week doing aquatherapy and aquafit in the pool. However, I do have issues occasionally that make the pool not a good place for me. I'm sure you understand. I need a back up exercise plan. I presently can't do the bike or elliptical due to a knee injury (foot drop caused) for which I'm awaiting surgery.

I've been referred to both a physiatrist and then an ms physiotherapist. My neurologist says I'm a complicated brace job because I have both "distal and proximal" weakness. It worsens if I walk with any sort of intensity.

All I want to do is be able to walk for extended periods of time again. Okay, truth, I'd love to be able to run.

Has anyone here had success with getting back to walking (or running) with bracing, diet, medications, WHATEVER??!!??? I'm open. Presently investigating Wahls protocol as well.

Thank you for any insight!

Replies